“My regular hotel as a business traveler”

Scandic Norra Bantorget
Ranked #90 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“My regular hotel as a business traveler”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Sweden being the home of Scandic group has many Scandic hotels in Stockholm. This hotel Scandic Norra Bantorget is just 5 to 10 mins walk from the central station. Scandic also has a new hotel which is very close by to the central station which Grand Central. Since it is very new and very centrally located the price is of course a little higher than this hotel.

I'm a business traveler and I travel to Stockholm frequently for business. I'm using this hotel since almost 3 years now and I have been very comfortable here. I agree that the interiors a bit worn out and could use some renovations but still the benefits that I get being a frequent guest member are good. It central location, the price along with other regular Scandic member benefits are the reasons for my frequent visit to this hotel.

I normally book the Studios as they are located in another building they offer good privacy to business travelers like myself. My usual stay is for about 2 weeks at a time so I prefer to use the kitchen for making my own food.

I'm well acquainted with the staff, thanks to my frequent trips. The staff has been very welcoming and helpful. Special mention for Ellinor, Alex, Rachael, Emma. I'm very satisfied with service aspect.

Will still be using this hotel for my future trips to Stockholm

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 25 November 2013

As others have said, this is very mediocre. For those looking for a Scandic, there are several others nearby that are cleaner, in better shape and with better service. We made the mistake of booking a 'studio' but on arrival we were told it was a few minutes walk from the hotel (it was dark and sub zero outside). We asked if there were alternatives and were told that the hotel was fully booked. Having checked out the studio and finding it completely unacceptable we asked if we could check out the next day and only pay for the one night. Surprise, surprise an 'upgrade' room became miraculously available in the main hotel. We took it of course but wondered why this wasn't offered at the outset...we would have even paid the difference.
We like the Scandic group, it's a good standard and price for regular business travelers but we will never return to this one.

Room Tip: Avoid the studios....unlike you like a walk
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank tdurnford

Travellers are raving about these Stockholm hotels

Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel is located on a quiet street just behind Norra Bantorget in Stockholm. Its inferior to its new sibling hotel the Grand Central in the sense that the rooms are older, although renovated and the interior and restaurant area is quite small and cramped. I was located on floor 9 which from a location point of view was good in terms of quiteness, overlooking the Stockholm skyline with big windows. Getting to the 9th floor on the other hand was quite a trip, almost being in a maze. 2 elevators and quite a hike. Breakfast is normal Scandic breakfast which is good but not excellent. It is an ok hotel and I can recommend it for someone staying the night. Also, free WIFI is also a plus.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Joachim73
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This hotel is well located a few blocks North of central station. Close to major shopping areas.

I had a huge room, with a very large bathroom including a sauna which was nice. There is no pool or spa in the hotel. The room had wood floors, wooden furniture with a classic style, it was quiet.

Breakfast was Ok, but nothing special at all.

So in general it is a good alternative to what seems to be the more expensive Grand Scandic next to central station.

Tip: watch out if you get a cab from the airport, this is rather unusual but in Stockholm they have independant taxis that can pretty much charge you what they want ie a lot..... Grab a taxi marked Taxi Stockholm 15 00 00 and you should be Ok, or ride the Arlanda Express.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marc L
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel for a few nights. Having asked for a family room, I have to say that it was very spacious with a lovely city view from the 7th floor. Let’s not insist on the lack of space in the breakfast area, others have mentioned it already, but I recommend that you have breakfast outside of rush hours, otherwise not only you will have to wait to get a table, but the common area looks more like a train station!

The main problem I encountered is that there was a bar/restaurant in the small square in Barnhusgatan (by the Conference Centre), with music going until midnight every day (and one a.m. on Saturday nights). I purchased ear foam, but it just did not help much... Another annoying thing is that my daughter forgot her Ipod in the room, and the housekeeper after a few days told me they did not "find" it. I know for a fact the thing was there, so I have drawn my own conclusions unfortunately.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne D
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel Norra Bantorget has a great location near the shopping street "Drottninggatan". The single room was convenient and had everything I needed. The lobby and restaurant had a nice design. The staff at the reception were helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Linda H
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This hotel is a 10 minute walk from the Arlanda Express which made it very convenient; while the lobby area is small, it is also very welcoming, with a library-themed sitting area and a glass-walled restaurant area. The Scandic has the top floors of a neighbouring conference facility, so you actually walk from one side of a city block to the other, within the hotel, to get to your room if you're lucky enough to snag one on the 8th or 9th floors, but the views are worth it, as is the size of the family superior with its walk in closet, great bunk beds (and as I am shorter than our 14 year old daughter, I slept in the bottom bunk and had a very, very comfortable night). We had an early flight, so missed the breakfast, but were given 4 "room service to go" bags with very healthy selections of fruit, drinkable yogurt (who knew strawberry lime could actually taste so good?), juice and muffin - perfect for the Arlanda Express journey back to the airport in the early morning!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family