“Great value”

Scandic Norra Bantorget
Ranked #90 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed for business - reasonably good location as it's only a short walk from the railway station so therefore quick and easy to reach from the airport. I stayed in room 316 which I noted was probably the smallest hotel room in the world but yet totally fine for an over nighter. Strange front desk set up but good service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Conveniently located on a quiet street. Varied and tasty breakfast. The rooms are not new. The bathroom has an unpleasant odor. Very small shower cabin. There is a kettle. Comfortable bed. Little space for clothes and suitcases. Good signal wi fi.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KareninaAna
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Sweden being the home of Scandic group has many Scandic hotels in Stockholm. This hotel Scandic Norra Bantorget is just 5 to 10 mins walk from the central station. Scandic also has a new hotel which is very close by to the central station which Grand Central. Since it is very new and very centrally located the price is of course a little higher than this hotel.

I'm a business traveler and I travel to Stockholm frequently for business. I'm using this hotel since almost 3 years now and I have been very comfortable here. I agree that the interiors a bit worn out and could use some renovations but still the benefits that I get being a frequent guest member are good. It central location, the price along with other regular Scandic member benefits are the reasons for my frequent visit to this hotel.

I normally book the Studios as they are located in another building they offer good privacy to business travelers like myself. My usual stay is for about 2 weeks at a time so I prefer to use the kitchen for making my own food.

I'm well acquainted with the staff, thanks to my frequent trips. The staff has been very welcoming and helpful. Special mention for Ellinor, Alex, Rachael, Emma. I'm very satisfied with service aspect.

Will still be using this hotel for my future trips to Stockholm

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2013

As others have said, this is very mediocre. For those looking for a Scandic, there are several others nearby that are cleaner, in better shape and with better service. We made the mistake of booking a 'studio' but on arrival we were told it was a few minutes walk from the hotel (it was dark and sub zero outside). We asked if there were alternatives and were told that the hotel was fully booked. Having checked out the studio and finding it completely unacceptable we asked if we could check out the next day and only pay for the one night. Surprise, surprise an 'upgrade' room became miraculously available in the main hotel. We took it of course but wondered why this wasn't offered at the outset...we would have even paid the difference.
We like the Scandic group, it's a good standard and price for regular business travelers but we will never return to this one.

Room Tip: Avoid the studios....unlike you like a walk
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank tdurnford
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel is located on a quiet street just behind Norra Bantorget in Stockholm. Its inferior to its new sibling hotel the Grand Central in the sense that the rooms are older, although renovated and the interior and restaurant area is quite small and cramped. I was located on floor 9 which from a location point of view was good in terms of quiteness, overlooking the Stockholm skyline with big windows. Getting to the 9th floor on the other hand was quite a trip, almost being in a maze. 2 elevators and quite a hike. Breakfast is normal Scandic breakfast which is good but not excellent. It is an ok hotel and I can recommend it for someone staying the night. Also, free WIFI is also a plus.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joachim73
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This hotel is well located a few blocks North of central station. Close to major shopping areas.

I had a huge room, with a very large bathroom including a sauna which was nice. There is no pool or spa in the hotel. The room had wood floors, wooden furniture with a classic style, it was quiet.

Breakfast was Ok, but nothing special at all.

So in general it is a good alternative to what seems to be the more expensive Grand Scandic next to central station.

Tip: watch out if you get a cab from the airport, this is rather unusual but in Stockholm they have independant taxis that can pretty much charge you what they want ie a lot..... Grab a taxi marked Taxi Stockholm 15 00 00 and you should be Ok, or ride the Arlanda Express.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marc L
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel for a few nights. Having asked for a family room, I have to say that it was very spacious with a lovely city view from the 7th floor. Let’s not insist on the lack of space in the breakfast area, others have mentioned it already, but I recommend that you have breakfast outside of rush hours, otherwise not only you will have to wait to get a table, but the common area looks more like a train station!

The main problem I encountered is that there was a bar/restaurant in the small square in Barnhusgatan (by the Conference Centre), with music going until midnight every day (and one a.m. on Saturday nights). I purchased ear foam, but it just did not help much... Another annoying thing is that my daughter forgot her Ipod in the room, and the housekeeper after a few days told me they did not "find" it. I know for a fact the thing was there, so I have drawn my own conclusions unfortunately.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family