The Rica hotel is very well located in the center of Stockholm. It is a short walking distance from it to Gamla Stan, the city hall and other attractions. It is also close enough to the train/bus station to be able to walk.
The room I was in was a single one and it was extremely small. There are double rooms which are slightly more spacious but in comparison to other hotel this was even a bit claustrophobic.
Other than this point the hotel had a few more pluses. The breakfast was very good and with a big selection. Free internet was available in all the rooms. The people at the reception we friendly and helpful.
A few non-related tips:
1. Tap water in Sweden are very good, don't waste your money, buy a bottle and refill in the sink.
2. Order train tickets to the city online, they cost triple in the airport. If not take the bus it is a bit slower but much cheaper.
3. If you like Asian food there are a few all-you-can-eat buffets all around the city. So you can eat plenty for a lower cost (this country is extremely expensive)
4. Use this trip to detox from alcohol, it is so expensive in Stockholm that you are better off drinking water
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Scandic Klara, and enjoy central Stockholm at its best city location. Our hotel is a popular meeting place with a newly renovated restaurant, meeting facilities and modern hotel rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotelopia and Priceline so you can book your Scandic Klara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stockholm Rica Hotel
- Rica Hotel Stockholm