Hotel Diplomat(Stockholm)
US$386
US$212
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$274/night.

Hotel Birger Jarl(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$89
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$192
  • Restaurant
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$112
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

Clarion Hotel Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$100
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

US$139
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

US$88
US$73
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

Clarion Hotel Sign(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$146
Hotel Rival(Stockholm)
US$244
US$203
1,487 results
All reviewsthe breakfast areacentral stationgamla stanqueen roompedestrian streetwalking distanceshopping districtbreakfast is servedexcellent locationold townbusiness tripchoose this hotelrooms are smallshort stayarlanda expressby footexcellent breakfast
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was in Stockholm for work for a week and I found this Hotel and it's staff to be great. I stayed in a budget room which was small but I was out all day so this was fine. Everything was perfectly clean. The breakfast was amazing with great variety and it was great to try the Swedish salmon and herring . Considering how much everything else costs in Stockholm, the rate for room plus breakfast was very good. The staff were also very helpful when the first of my return flights to New Zealand was cancelled and I needed to stay another night.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

With this location you should obviously expect accordingly high price levels.
And, also predictively, relatively small rooms.
But I still think the Rica Stockholm fails a bit to deliver.
The hotel has been made by combining 4 houses, surrounding a small inner yard. The yard has been covered at rooftop level, and now functions as breakfast area.
My room was facing this "courtyard" at the same level. If I ever return to this Rica hotel, I will specifically request to get a room where that is not the case.
It gave the choice between opening a window towards this area, or live with the AC, which in such a small room was quite a noisy affair.
The breakfast was quite good, with exception of the eggs. There's eggs prepared in 5-6 different ways available. I tried several and I think they have a bit to learn about how to do that. As example - in my book soft-boiled means the egg-yolk is liquid - not that a plentiful part of the egg white is also liquid.
The wifi is free of charge and works very well. So does the cleaning of the rooms - nothing wrong there. Nice comfortable beds and newly renovated bathrooms.
Nice and friendly service at the reception.
What is supposed to be there really works - even if it feels a bit cramped.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Krulletje
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Amongst all the hotels around the area, this particular Rica hotel must be the most centrally located one. This Rica hotel lies right behind Drottningsgatan and with all the amenities you can imagine within a 5 minute walk, you really cannot get a better deal when it comes to location.

I must however mention that although this is the most "central" hotel, Stockholm's city centre isn't exactly that large, that all the other hotels are also only a 5 min walk from the centre. So in terms of location, it shouldn't be the deciding factor.

In fact, you are a light sleeper, you don't want to leave your window open.

Since we stayed here on my Uncle's membership points, I cannot comment on the price or its value.

But the size of the room was decent, it had a small sitting area, and the basic amenities. TV was provided (duh), but most channels were pay per view TV, so that was a bit of a minus.

This particular Rica Hotel has actually just gotten itself a facelift, so everything is definitely much more modern and fresh, I however did not get/feel the "wow factor". Having been to a few great hotels, I think the first impression here just wasn't all there.

The design is very modern and very Scandinavian, but I thought the lobby area and sitting was a bit meh.

One major plus for this hotel however was that breakfast at Rica is always included in the room price, and at a city where breakfast can easily cost a fortune, often this helps.

I must say, the breakfast isn't the greatest I have ever been to but it is sufficient, there is a cold table, some yogurt and muesli, the usual eggs and bacon, and a small egg station

Like previously mentioned, we got this hotel stay for free as my uncle spends approximately 200 days a year in hotel rooms across the world, and although its not something I'm used too, it is nice to see that this hotel included little touches of "that little extra"

I must admit, we almost always travel on my uncles bonus points, and they way they treat loyalty program holders are very different from hotels to hotels.

With the Rica chain of hotels, you qualify for the highest rank onced you've completed a 70 day stay and so when you do make it to the highest availabile rank, it is nice to be able to feel that little extra special.

We were given candy upon arrival, a snack plate in the room, reserved table during breakfast, late check out and so forth.

Yes, I am a big sucker for these kind of cheap gimmicks.

All in all, would I go back if I had to pay for it myself?
Probably depends very much on the price of the room for that day and what other options I have

Don't get me wrong, this hotel is great in many many many ways, but even after the renovations, the wow factor just wasn't there this time.

If I could choose, I would rather recommend the Clarion Hotel Sign, I think their design/service/location/architecture has just that little bit more je ne sais quois to it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Choosed this hotel because it was close to the office - turns out it close to nearly everything! Arlanda, Central Station, shops, Gamla Stan and other islands.
The staff is very friendly and helpful; good wifi and nice breakfast.

The room was very small - had to move table to open a mini-bar.

Checked out around 4am - it was really nice to discover they offer an early breakfast, right what was needed before the flight!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I was on our 5-year aniversary and stayed here for a weekend. We booked a deluxe room to have something extra, but it was so not worth the extra money. Small and sipmle room, but a comfy bed. The location is excellent and the breakfast is great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple