“Lovely Boutique Hotel”

Freys Hotel Lilla Radmannen
Ranked #32 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This boutique hotel was charming and I enjoyed the ambience of the common areas as well as the rooms. There was a metro stop close by. The neighborhood had a variety of restaurants, stores, shops, grocery establishments. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was good value taking into consideration the average price of hotels in Stockholm. I would recommend the hotel to friends and would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 June 2013

First, here is a BIG hint that took us 3 days to discover. Upon getting off the subway with our oversized luggage, we were faced with a daunting set of steep stone steps to get to the hotel. After three days of this we discovered that if you go one block, you can go up an incline instead of steps. This would have been nice information for the hotel to provide in advance! I wrote to them before we headed there to inquire about directions but the email bounced back.

Desk service was friendly. We had a superior room, but it was kind of chopped up which defeated the purpose. A large entry area why?????) And a separate sitting room. But still a small bedroom and the tiniest bathroom I've ever experienced. My husband hit his head on the sink getting up from the toilet. I had to keep my suitcase in the living room.

The worst for me was that it was not clean. There were at least 3 different hairs (different colors and lengths) in the bathroom when we checked in. This gave me a creepy feeling the whole time we were there. There was poor lighting for reading and the towels were small and scratchy. Breakfast was perfunctory.

The bed was fairly comfortable and the room was quiet.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Windlassie
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Follow the set procedures or offer entra service? That's a fundamental question for personell working at hotels. Having stayed at more than 10 hotels in Stockholm, Freys was by far the biggest disappointment. Most things at the hotel is quite fair: location, rooms, breakfast and cleaning. Service was on several occations quite low, not friendly and not solution oriented. In stead quite rigid and matter of fact, at it's best. Of reception os crowded by more than one staff, try to avoid the elderly woman. Prices Are also too high for what basically is a very medium hotel. Next time I will choose one of the Scandics, or upgrade to Lydmars, Nobis, Berns or Rival. 50% more expensive, but worth it.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 31 May 2013

If you take the Arlanda Express train from the airport, this hotel is a 200-kronor cab ride from the central train station. Cute neighborhood near Strindberg Museum (only open 12-4 during the week), restaurants and small shops. 20 minute walk to central tourist area. Excellent breakfast buffet, helpful English-speaking staff, nice quiet rooms; wireless access but no internet terminal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in a room on the first floor. The rooms are about average in size for a city hotel in Stockholm. Our room was very clean and comfortable with pleasant butterfly wallpaper.The staff were very friendly. The breakfast was just what we required very Swedish. This is a very good location for transport links. The underground station is only 5 mins away but if you turn right out of the hotel you have to negotiate 4 flights of stairs not much fun with large luggage.The hotel is only a short walk form one of the main shopping areas We will be using the hotel on our next visit to Stockholm.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chris b
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed at Bakfickan Hotel for 6 nights and my stay was highly satisfactory. First of all, it’s a budget hotel and you shouldn’t expect 5 star luxury. Considering high accommodation prices in Stockholm, the price of Bakfickan hotel is so affordable (app. 100euro/night). The reception is at the sister hotel next door and reception staff is more than being friendly and nice. They made their best to make us happy and enjoy our stay.

The room had every equipment I needed. There was a little, equipped kitchen so I could make a tea after very long working hours. Also, there were microwave, refrigerator and all kitchen supplies. The bed was highly comfortable, I had very relaxing sleeps during my entire stay. The only downside of the room was the design of the bedroom. Although the cleanliness and hygiene of the bathroom were good enough, it seemed very old-fashioned. And there were not enough space on the bathroom counter for putting my makeup and bathroom stuff.

The breakfast was served at the sister hotel and it was really good. They served very delicious cheese, jam, bread (yummy Swedish breads, I already missed them), cereal, yoghurts, fruits and coffee. I was in Stockholm on business purpose and my schedule was very hectic but every morning I was feeling more than energetic with this breakfast.

Also, I would like to mention about the great customer service of the hotel. After my return, I realized there was a wrong payment on the receipt. When I contacted with finance department, it took only minutes to solve the problem and they informed me through e-mail immediately.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to pay less for nice stay in Stockholm!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank happilyeverafter0406
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The hotel proved a very good budget option for a short business trip. It is about 10 minutes walk from the Waterfront Congress centre and about the same from the main shopping high street. The room was comfortable, with free Wi-Fi, and breakfast in the adjacent hotel. It was much better than I had expected for the price, given how expensive Stockholm is.

Room Tip: I had a nice room on the fourth floor at the back, but the main street was quiet anyway.