“Good budget-friendly option” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
London, United Kingdom
“Good budget-friendly option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

While this hotel is out of the 'main drag' of Stockholm, it is an easy 10-15 minute walk (along a beautiful route!) or an easy metro ride into the center of things.
We were first staying in a regular double room, and although the room was nice, the bathroom was tiny (shower and toilet not separated, hard for everything to not get wet). There was a problem with our bathroom (broken toilet seat), and the front desk very kindly upgraded us (free of charge) to another room, which was large and lovely.
The front desk, in general, is nothing but helpful....and one of the restaurants they recommended to us (Tradition, right down the street) was our favorite of the trip.
We were there during beautiful weather, which was great for sitting out in the hotel courtyard and walking into town, but it did make the rooms very hot (there did not seem to be AC).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JWKatz22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Best location in the coolest neighborhood in Stockholm (Sofo). 10 minutes walk to Gamla Stan (old city). staff are very friendly and always help with every question. Tea coffee and snacks are offered free of charge all day and night in a cosy lounge.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nitzanwo
HERE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were ther in 30 of December 2005 . The hotel was great. The room were small buc cosy. The breakfast room was excellent. We had almost everything and we could do it by our selves. Like pam cakes, wafles etc. Even we were able to squize our own orange juice.! The hotel situated not exactly in the center but in walking distance, which made it very easy to go to the center or to the Gamla Stan on foot. The stuff as every other Swedish were very polite and friendly.
Overall we had a great time there. The price was normal for a Best Western hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy K
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had booked accomodation there through a tourism service in Stockholm, initially for one night. When I extended my stay, the hotel management charged a much higher price for each subsequent night (for which I paid the hotel directly) without alerting me to the price difference. When I noticed it and pointed it out to the management, the response was very strange indeed: I was treated as if it were up to me to prove my case, and when the managers - there are several - could no longer counter my charges, no apology was offered. (Even if they had made an honest mistake, having been unaware that the booking agency which had charged me for the first night was offering lower prices, an apology surely would have been in order. At least.) I was returned the extra money the hotel had charged me, but wasn't offered anything to make up for their mistake, such as a free drink, for example.
The hotel setting is reasonably nice. But when the atmosphere is spoiled by a management that rips off customers and cries foul when caught at it, it's kind of difficult to enjoy the place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Caro424
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights last September. The location was superb, a few minutes from the nearest subway station and only a 10/15 minute walk from Stockholm's beautiful Gamla Stan.

The hotel staff were really friendly and welcoming and the hotel is decorated lovely throughout. I liked that you could help yourself to as much tea, coffee and cakes as you wanted at any time of day or night. This simple touch really made me feel at home.

If the weather is decent, which for us it was, there is a pretty courtyard for you to sit and relax in after a busy day in the city.

I also liked that our room looked out on to Katarina Church and the grave yard. Looking on to graves may not be to everyone's taste but it all added to the charm of the place for me.

I will definitely stop here again when I next visit Stockholm.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DamonGS
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I really loved the four days my partner and I spent here at the end of November, beginning of December. Our room was on the second floor, with a great view of the churchyard next door (I love old gravestones!) without a long trek up and down the stairs. We had a huge window with lots of light, a very comfortable bed, and lovely furniture. We had a double bed with two individual blankets instead of one large one and we were a bit chilly at first because of that. If you don't get cold easily, I think you'd be fine. The staff were very kind and gave us a space heater that made the room toasty warm.

Actually, all the staff were wonderful. They were friendly and kind and found alll sorts of ways to make our stay easier, especially the young woman from Gotland and Adel who bid us goodbye our last morning. I was worried that it would feel like an American chain, but the hotel was totally adorable and very Swedish. The breakfast was fantastic--one of the best free breakfast spreads I've had in any hotel. The bread rolls were a bit stale on Sunday morning (fresh on Saturday) but there were plenty of other breads and pastries to eat. Plus fresh fruit, cheese, meats, salads, herring, cereals. There was a big mix of nationalities, and everyone seemed happy with the food.

The location was great. We walked to many vegetarian restaurants, shops, and bars. But it still felt not touristy, like people lived in the neighborhood. It was a short stroll pretty much anywhere we wanted to go and we took the ferry to Djurgården one day. The have drinks and snacks available for purchase and tables set up in the courtyard. We spent our first night in Norrmalm near Central Station, after a long night but I'm so glad we stayed here for our first trip to Stockholm.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank piegirl
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. Its in the middle of Sodermalm so you get a real feel for Stockholm as the locals know it. Excellent location near the subway, walking distance to Gamla
Stan, and plenty of local shops and restaurants. The hotel itself is older and comprises of two adjoining buildings so the hall way meanders from one building to the next. Old world, high ceilings, small rooms but bathroom was updated and fine. In our 33 day trip to Europe we never had a better breakfast! We did a walking tour of 'Girl With The Dragon Tatoo' locations and picked this hotel to be in the middle of it all. Sweden is expensive and this hotel offered good value and a great location. The only drawback for some is that it does not have an elevator.

Room Tip: If mobility is an issue for you, request a room on the first floor. This is not a hotel suitable for...