I stayed here in May for 10 days. The hotel is ideally located in Ostermalm, so you could easily travel to the main sights and attractions in the city on foot (I had rare occasion to use a taxi/the metro).
I opted for the superior double room. It was a bright, reasonably spacious room, with a quaint sitting area (including both a loveseat and armchair, and a small coffee table), very large windows and a French balcony. It was equipped with tea and coffee facilities; its bathroom was nicely sized, as well.
For the most part, the room was neat and tidy, although there was a little bit of room for improvement, in that respect. I did find some stray hairs and a couple of tiny stains on the furniture and the bed coverings, but they were barely noticeable; I also found that some of the mugs (for tea and coffee) were dirty. Otherwise, the rest of the room, including the bathroom, was very well maintained and in good condition.
Although I didn't interact with the hotel staff extensively, I did find that they were extremely warm, friendly and accommodating, whenever I did need assistance with something.
The posh district of the hotel has a great selection of boutiques and shops, as well as restaurants, cafés, pubs and clubs to choose from. The Ostermalms Saluhall, a quaint marketplace, is also located steps away from the hotel, where you'll find a wonderful selection of various foods and other goods. It's definitely worth a visit!
There's also a bustling nightlife scene nearby, if you enjoy that sort of thing. Despite that, however, the area immediately surrounding the hotel (being located on a small street) is fairly quiet and peaceful; you wouldn't likely be awakened by any noise from club-goers, traffic, etc.
The hotel does offer breakfast and a dinner buffet, but I never dined in the hotel, so I can't give an opinion on that.
Overall, I had a wonderful stay at the hotel, and would recommend it to those on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clarion Collection Hotel Wellington is located in the very heart of the most fashionable district in Stockholm, just a stone's throw from the famous covered market and bustling streets of Östermalm. You've got everything within walking distance; shopping, leisure, activites and restaurants. Peaceful and quiet with only 200 meters to the subway. You can enjoy a fabulous view from our panoramic rooms.We're also very close to the water with boardwalks, picturesque bridges and Kungliga Djurgården - a green parkland area that boasts a wide range of recreational facilities and activities. The Royal Castle and Old town is only a short nice walk away with a lot of things to see and do on the way.The Clarion Collection Hotel Wellington is a four star hotel. Many of our superiorrooms have their own terrace, balcony or outdoor area. Quite a few with a magnificent view of Stockholm. Our rates includes our seasonal breakfast buffé and we also serve a light evening meal every evening complimentary. Coffee/tea is also complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Clarion Collection Hotel Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Wellington Hotel Stockholm
- Clarion Collection Stockholm
- Clarion Stockholm
- Stockholm Clarion