Having spent two nights and 3 days in Stockholm as a couple on holiday, our expectations were sadly not met, particularly given the many positive reviews on Tripadvisor for this hotel. A number of issues contributed to the mediocre rating we have to provide (also given our recent experience with other Stockholm hotels in the same price range):
We upgraded to a superior double, but it did not feel like one - very cramped bathroom, hardly any room to move around in the shower, no bathtub, with open pipes and a partly damaged shower door. Fairly small room and somewhat boring interior, small tv. We specifically booked for a queens bed, not two separate beds, but it turned out that this was impossible to accommodate - no message given before we discovered this when entering the room - only single beds put together in the superior category. if we wanted a double bed, we had to downgrade to normal double room.... strange.
The room was very close to the elevator, and the noise bothered us, we thought someone was at the door to the room every time the elevator stopped and the elevator door opened. In addition, a very noisy street, we kept the French doors open due to the heat, but were woken up very early every morning by street noise that did not stop (trucks involved in road work or whatever).
Also, the second morning there were no seating or table available to eat the breakfast in the small reception/breakfast area... we do not know if the hotel was even full.
Finally, the interior in the entire hotel had a definite worn feeling.
For the price we paid for the superior room, there are better alternatives and more stylish hotels available.
On the positive side: Very good arrangement with the nightly supper included in the price, this alone is worth an entire point in the rating. Friendly staff. Nice location if you want to stay at Østermalm area. Decent breakfast (very good scrambled eggs and fresh orange and apple juice in particular! ).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clarion Collection Hotel Wellington is located in the very heart of the most fashionable district in Stockholm, just a stone's throw from the famous covered market and bustling streets of Östermalm. You've got everything within walking distance; shopping, leisure, activites and restaurants. Peaceful and quiet with only 200 meters to the subway. You can enjoy a fabulous view from our panoramic rooms.We're also very close to the water with boardwalks, picturesque bridges and Kungliga Djurgården - a green parkland area that boasts a wide range of recreational facilities and activities. The Royal Castle and Old town is only a short nice walk away with a lot of things to see and do on the way.The Clarion Collection Hotel Wellington is a four star hotel. Many of our superiorrooms have their own terrace, balcony or outdoor area. Quite a few with a magnificent view of Stockholm. Our rates includes our seasonal breakfast buffé and we also serve a light evening meal every evening complimentary. Coffee/tea is also complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Clarion Collection Hotel Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Wellington Hotel Stockholm
- Clarion Collection Stockholm
- Clarion Stockholm
- Stockholm Clarion