The Red Boat Hotel & Hostel
Victory Hotel(Stockholm)
Scandic Gamla Stan(Stockholm)
Anno 1647(Stockholm)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgamla stanwheel houseold towncaptain's cabinluggage storageshared bathroomshower curtaint banastayed here for nightscity centrebreakfast was includedconvenient locationmin walkslussensodermalmbackpackersgamlastan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I had a great stay in January. The Red Boat is convenient to the old town area and to transit. The staff was great and the accommodations nice. Although the weather was cold, the rooms were snug. Being right on the water made waking up and looking out the porthole a great experience. You could see the spires of the churches and city hall in the morning light.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We had a lovely stay here, although it was bunk beds which wasn't very romantic it was a unique stay! The breakfast was nice, continental with a good choice, and the views over the water where beautiful at night! HOWEVER on the first night we had a room on the land side which was the worst night sleep! The water lapping was ok - it added character, but there was a very drunk and annoying bloke out side shouting from 4am - 6am which was unbearable! Although this wasn't the hostels fault they staff where really helpful and let us move to the other side of the boat with views over the water.. this was the fantastic as the views where lovely, and made up for the night before!
If your looking for a interesting hostel, then I would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We had a pleasure to stay on the white boat "Ran" for two nights. For a reasonable price you get a chance to stay in a unique place with an amazing atmosphere reminiscent of old navy days.

The Red Boat (the main boat with a reception) is truly charming with richly decorated reception/common room where you can buy some food and drinks, surf the internet or just chill out. I noticed some reviewers complaining that the white boat isn't so lovely as the red one. Maybe it isn't so richly decorated but the rooms are nice and cozy. Yes, they are tiny but you can't expect anything else from the boat. We were lucky to get a room on the waterside with a wonderful view on the Old Town. Showers in the hall are very clean and there is always hot water. The boat has also an excellent location near the Old Town so you don't have to take the tube or bus.

The only thing that bothered me were extremely thin walls. You can practically hear the entire conversations from the next room. So it's not a place for light sleepers. Although it depends on the room you get and other people staying on the boat with you.

Other than that I highly recommend this place. Who doesn't want to live on a boat for a few days? :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ramira13
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I stayed at the Ran for 5 nights in September. As other reviewers have mentioned there are two boats: the Red Boat Hotel and the Ran. The main reasons I chose it were the central location, good price as well as the unique experience of staying on a boat. I wasn't disappointed. It's very close to shops, restaurants, cafes etc. The room was tiny, but charming. The view was amazing. The staff was friendly, polite and helpful. Breakfast was optional and came at extra charge. I liked that, as I don't eat breakfast. It was a bit noisy a couple of nights, but overall the experience was great.

Room Tip: My room was located on the first floor and all the bathrooms are located one ground floor, so I had to travel a fair bit to the bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Meredith G
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed 4 nights in the Red Boat Hotel with my partner in July 2012 and would highly recommend staying here. The novelty of staying on a boat and the superb views we had over the city of Stockholm were the highlights. The rooms are clean and full of character. They are quite small, though this is all part of the "boat experience" so was not a problem. The staff are very friendly and happy to help. The continental buffet at breakfast was simple but good. Some friends of ours paid a similar price for staying in another hotel nearby, with better facilities and larger rooms, but the experience of staying on a boat with the views we had were more than worth it. We considered staying in the hostel rather than the hotel as it is a lot cheaper, but having seen both options were pleased with our decision - especially once we saw the view our room had! We would definitely recommend a stay on the Red Boat - it's the most interesting hotel we've ever stayed in!

Room Tip: Select a room with "sea view"
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple