“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #66 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Gouveia
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Excellent hotel near city center. The breakfast is delicious and the staff is very very nice. In the lobby there were two computers with internet you can use. If I go to Stockholm again I wiil try to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
TorbjornBrown, General Manager at Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank You so very much for Your kind words!
We look forward to see You as our guest again very soon!
Torbjorn Brown / GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The Kom Hotel is very well located two blocks from Sveavägen and convenient for the Tunnelbana (underground railway) which provides excellent transport throughout Stockholm. My room was clean, comfortable, not too small, and had windows that opened on to the street for ventilation - essential in the heat of the Stockholm summer. The hotel has a well stocked Scandinavian breakfast buffet and the breakfast room also has some outdoor seating available. Free wi-fi in the room was fairly reliable.

On check-in I was told by the receptionist that all single rooms in the hotel are noisy, and this proved to be true of mine. There was an unbelievable amount of shouting and racing motorcycles on the street outside the hotel until the early hours of the morning. This was truly the worst feature of the Kom for me. I was also surprised that the receptionist insisted on full payment for my ten day stay at check-in, although I had already guaranteed my reservation with a credit card. Most other hotels accept the guarantee and take full payment only on departure. The laundry service was good but very expensive. Free drinking water was provided in the room only on the first day. The friendly room-cleaning staff all appeared to be Thai and did an excellent job of servicing the room.

.I would happily stay here again if I could be sure of a quiet room!

Room Tip: Get a quiet room if they have one!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank sanuk6991
TorbjornBrown, General Manager at Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Thank You for reviewing our hotel.
We are sadly aware of the noice level in the rooms facing the street and are taking action against this, we are installing new windows with better noice reduction in all these rooms, but it is in the process. We have already done this with the two top floors of the building, and will continue with the lower floors as soon as possible.
As for the payment, this procedure is required from our bank for some reason.
We hope to see You again as our guest very soon!
Winnipeg
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I must say that the standards of Best Western Hotels have always been quite high but the experiences we had in Denmark and Stockholm just reinforce how high the standards are. This hotel really tries hard to please.

The location is quite good - a five to ten minute drive from the train station. There are two buildings making up the hotel and wwe were originalloy assigned to the annex. While comfortable and clean, it reminded me of my dorm in College. We asked shortly after checking in if we could move to the otehr part and this was arranged for the next day.

Come morning, we moved but not before indulging in the most phenomenal free breakfast I've ever seen. Hard and soft boiled eggs, meatballs, herring, cheeses, breads, fruits, cereals and a multi function coffee machine that gives coffee, lattes, hot chocolate or espresso.

The lobby is comfortable but quite busy as there is always (or so it seems) people checking in and out. I understand that this is a stop for people going on cruises so that may explain it. The lobby has two good working computers.

|The hotel has a vey good Italian Restaurant across the street and numerous restaurants nearby. It is two blocks to a very good grocery store where we would stop and get salads and sandwiches for supper. There is a subway stop about one block further and the service on the subway is fantastic. One tip we learned is that there is a store in the station and it is cheaper to by a pass there than from the subway station.

The staff were amazing! I don't think there was a question they couldn't answer and I had many.

All in all, a very positive experience.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main building as opposed to the annex.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank You so very much for your great review!
I am really happy that you found our staff to be up to standard and that they took care of you in the best way. I am also glad you liked our breakfast setup as we have worked very hard to improve the breakfast experience.
I really hope you come back to Stockholm soon and visit our hotel again!
jerusalem
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I stayed for 5 nights in the kom hotel/ last week. september.It is a 3 stars good hotel and very good placed hotel . 1-3 km from the most interesting places in stockholm.. good service and comfortable superior double room. Situated in a very quiet neigborhood....................................................................................................................

Room Tip: the 9th floor is very quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
TorbjornBrown, General Manager at Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank You for Your great review!
We hope to see You as our guest again soon.
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Great location. Stockholm is a 'little big city', where everything is quite close. I appreciated being able to simply walk down Svëagatan at night to find great places to eat and also to get into the center of the city in order to visit my friends in Södermalm. The breakfast at the hotel was great. I want to thank the staff for having soya milk available, since I am vegan. They were very helpful. The fitness facility, despite opening a bit late, was well equipped, clean, and run very professionally.

The only negative I can think of, and this is simply a small point. It is hard to work out in the morning when the fitness center only opens at 11 am. I solved this by just working out in the evening instead. Not a problem.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
TorbjornBrown, General Manager at Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Thank You for Your great review!
I am glad you found everything from breakfast to the fitness facility to your satisfaction, and that the staff helped you get what you wanted for your breakfast needs.
I am also glad to announce that we have listened to our guests, and will now open the fitness facility from 5.30 in the morning, and it will stay open until 9 o´clock at night.
Thank´s again and welcome back!
Best regards,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The location was pretty good, but it was a solid 25 minute walk to Gamla Stan. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They spoke english very well. They suggested a very good restaurant where we were able to get swedish meatballs. What we didn't like was the size of the room. There were three of us in a room that had 4 beds. and it was incredibly small. The bathroom was very small as well. All three of us agreed that the room was about the size of our room on the cruise ship (we were in Stockholm because that is where are our cruise originated), but that the cruise ship room had a better layout. The continental breakfast was very nice and included in the price of our room. Also, the room was hot and we asked for a fan and they were happy to give us two. We were on a garden level, so we couldn't leave the windows open through the night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank tenniskate
TorbjornBrown, General Manager at Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Thank You for reviewing our hotel!
I am happy that you found our service and breakfast to be top standard.
Unfortunately, You had been booked in one of our five economy/family rooms. They are quite small, and fitted with bunk beds for efficiancy. All our other rooms are regular, both in size and furnishing.
Again, thank You, and I hope to see you as our guests again soon!
Torbjorn Brown/GM
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights, and was pleasantly surprised that it was more central and within better walking distance to many sights than I had expected. My first hotel room has a safe that could not be opened, so they had to transfer me to another room, after initial resistance, I should add.

However, they totally made up for that room change resistance a couple of days later when they handed me very important documents and photographs that I had inadvertently left behind in the first room during the transfer. This and the location are the key reasons I am ranking them as "very good."

The rooms are rather plain, but clean and functional. They also gave some vouchers which could be exchanged for food and beverage at the front desk. Their breakfast was very rich in terms of offerings, and the seating area was quite large. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
TorbjornBrown, General Manager at Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thank You for Your kind review.
I hope to see you as our guest again soon!
Torbjorn Brown/GM