“Missing Stockholm already!”

City Backpackers Hostel
Reviewed 29 August 2011

One of the best hostel I've ever been. very clean and organized.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Vitor C

Reviewed 22 August 2011

City Backpackers was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The rooms were quiet, clean, there are seperate fridges for each room so you don't have to try and cram your food in one large fride with 80 other people, and the staff were really helpful. There is an outside area which feels like a cool pub at night, everyone we met here was really friendly, and the inside common area is a great place to relax after a long day out. There are tons of computers where the internet actually works and the wi-fi is also solid. Bathrooms and showers are everywhere so you don't have to wait, there's always hot water, and some of the rooms have bathrooms and showers in them as well. We would have stayed here again on our return to Stockholm except they book up really fast. I will definitely stay here again - apart from having to take your shoes off inside, there were no downsides.

Room Tip: Book early to get best choices for rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank deepbluesurfer
CBPmanager, Public Relations Manager at City Backpackers Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Thank you so much for that heart warming review! The main reason we can keep the place so clean is the no shoe rule. Swedish people find it perfectly natural to take their shoes off indoors, we always do, even when picking our kids up at school. I know it feels weird to some of our guests. But you know what they say; when in Rome, do as the Romans, when in Stockholm, take off your shoes! Cheers, Lena

Reviewed 21 August 2011

it's more a club than a hostel with lovely chill zones, apple computers and free pasta.
you don't feel like one of a thousand guests (the receptionists are especially nice).

the only cutback are the mattresses (backache-making)
next time I bring my own sleeping mat. ;-)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank gu p

Oh, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well! Most of our guests find our beds really comfy. But it's hard to find that one mattress which suites everybody. I’ve picked out the ones we use, and I sleep like a baby on them (yes I’ve tried!) But we do have options, so next time, please tell us about the problem and we will see if another mattress will help. Kind regards Lena

Reviewed 18 August 2011

I loved loved loved this place. So here's what I did. I brought a luggage lock so I'd feel cool leaving my luggage unattended in their super cool and secure access luggage storage room. I also bought a pad lock so I could leave my everyday stuff in a locker in my room. That way I didn't have to worry about going to the luggage room when I needed knic knacks. I brought my own sheet set so didn't have to worry about renting it when I got there. This was my first time ever staying in a Hostel of any kind and my first time in Sweden...also my first time travelling SOLO! Yes :) The staff was sooo great! Very helpful with maps and suggestions of every sort for every need I may of had. I also did a day bicycle tour. Loved it! cinnamon rolls and coffee....yummy! I stayed in the 8 person girl dorm...loved it! Made many new friends from all over the world...got to see girls come and go and just had a blast. I slept on the top bunk and hit my head on the wall. I gave the hotel a suggestion to hang a picture there so you would be aware of the ceiling shape and the white wall wouldn't blend together. Within hours, when I got back to my bed to take a quick nap...there it was! A cute framed picture hanging up! Yeah! What else am I forgetting....thinking here....overall very safe...good location...maybe 5-10 min walk to the train station...H&M stores on every corner and close to plenty of food places. They also have breakfast, I'd recommend prepaying. Free internet and computers to use...comfy lounge areas... Super nice, Super fun. They are also on FB so it was nice to see what people had to say about them just to make sure the reviews etc were real and not made up by the staff. I forgot to write this review when I got back home to Missouri - USA, but alas....here I am. I miss Sweden and would stay here every time I go back for a vacation....unless of course a friend offers me a free place to stay :) Everything in Sweden is very expensive but this place can make your Scandinavian dream come true!!! Must stay!

Room Tip: Bring a pad lock, luggage lock and your own bedding if you can. Saves money! All of the rooms are n...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank MillicentMichelle

And girls just want to have fun, right?! Cheers, Lena

Reviewed 17 August 2011

It's a very nice place de stay, clean and close to the city center

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Littleludo

YOU're amazing! Lena

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Very nice and cozy atmosphere with friendly staff. Fresh and the public areas were great! Good with door codes, felt safe - you forgot to give me the code to the main door once thou. Feel that the price of renting sheets were somewhat expensive when you only stayed overnight. Perhaps you can settle the price depending on how long the person stays? Same thing with breakfast, if you like to stay four nights and breakfast each one can get it at one lump sum? Or something like that. However, the service was also great! Looking forward to coming back again soon!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Sandra Q

Thank you for those suggestions. We are constantly discussing the bed linen, and our perspective is a little bit different from yours. We feel that it is a shame that so many sheets are being washed every day, in hotels and hostels worldwide. If guests would use the same sheets for a week, what a difference it would make to the environment! So, we would rather have it the other way around, so that you pay more if you only use the sheets once. But our favourite solution is when guests bring their own bed linen!
Kindly Lena

Reviewed 7 August 2011

There is nothing to do in the hostel, Stockholm is very expensive and the fire alarm rang three times

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank brunobalancieri

Hi, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at City Backpackers.

The safety is a main priority for us, so we do have an alarm that tends to take its job seriously. But three times during your stay must be a record, and I'm truly sorry about that.

Also, what a shame you felt bored!
The whole hostel is designed so it will be easy to meet other people, with the big guest kitchen where like four guests can cook at the same time, and with the free afternoon sauna where you can relax and talk to fellow travellers. And of course there are our trips and picnics every week, and during summer we've had a barbeque every Saturday. And if you prefer to spend time on your own, there are bikes you can hire to go off on your own adventures.

So, I'm a bit confused as to why you couldn't find anything to do at the hostel. But we are always interrested in new suggestions, so if you ever come back, please tell us what you would like to do!

Kindly Lena