“don't come hungry”

Neighbourhood: Ostermalm
Las Vegas, Nevada
“don't come hungry”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Premise of Miss Voon is small plates, in other words; you won't see the traditional apps and main selections. With that being said, unless you have the appetite of a mouse...or want to order 5-6 dishes (at 150-250kr a piece), you will more than likely leave hungry. Atmosphere is great, music is good, not clubby like another reviewer suggested but loungy with a DJ spinning. Food varied from some really strong dishes (salmon was amazing tasting and gorgeous) to some mediocre (cod), a common thread for both myself and dining companion was an over abundance of salt/soy in ALL of the dishes we had. Dinner with three dishes, half a bottle of wine and and one drink was 1000kr.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ceedub16

• Finnish first
Stockholm
“Mediocre overpriced food in a club setting”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We met a group of friends at Miss Voon to celebrate a friend's birthday. At the front of the restaurant there is a cocktail bar feeling, and a really good-looking crowd of Stockholmers in their 20's and 30's. But then we were seated, couldn't hear each other speak, with the blaring techno pop music. I ordered the chicken dumplings (sek 135), the dumplings were ok, the broth too salty to finish. The tuna was better, but expensive at sek 170. Discouraged I skipped to dessert and ordered the 8 Spice creme brulee - completely mediocre, and a price tag of sek 90. I honestly couldn't wait to leave, given the assault on my ears and my pocketbook. I can only guess that the restaurant is as successful as it is because of its location near Stureplan and its good-looking clientele. But that is not enough for me - I say "AVOID".

3 Thank MiningGirlStockholm
London, United Kingdom
“A beautiful meal and wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had the pleasure of a wonderful meal in Miss Voon whilst on business. I was so pleasantly surprised by the great food and the wonderful atmosphere. Really relaxed, super staff who were both attentive and friendly. The food is great - super sashimi and some other great asian dishes. I will be back.

• Visited March 2014
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
“Spicy & Nice”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife booked this restaurant as it is part of the F12 group of restaurants and we have never had a bad meal at their group of restaurants.

We were lucky to get a booking as their was a cancelation and the restaurant was fully booked, which is always the case in Stockholm. The top restaurants are booked up way in advance.

This decor is really nice and is a typical medium sized restaurant for Stockholm.

We started off at the cocktail bar and had a few interesting cocktails that the barman recommended, so I would recommend to start at the cocktail bar to test some suggestions.

The restaurant only serves starter portions, so you would have to order at least 3 portions to have a complete meal (normal starter and main). This was an interesting way as we were able to then have more "tasters" from the menu. My wife chose 3 portions and I chose 3 portions which we shared between us. Every dish we got was amazing, however you have to like spicy food! So beware, as each dish had a specific little "sting" to it with either chilli or curry. But if you enjoy this, I can highly recommend this restaurant for the food.We had started with the 3 dishes and can say that after those 3 dishes we were full, however got greedy and ordered another 4th dish which was a little over the top, but we really enjoyed it!

Our waitress was a bit short off, but the barman and the person bringing us the food and explaining each dish was very pleasant and explained it perfectly in english! It might have been that the waitress was not so good in english and for that reason was a bit short of and not so friendly, but that did not put us off our dinner. It is for this reason they only got a "very good" rating.

The restaurant has a reasonable wine list for swedish standards (2 pages or white & red wines), but they also had a selection of high end wines on a separate insert to the wine list.

Pricing for this restaurant is high end, so you must be willing to pay for the experience of the dinner. In Sweden the restaurants are very much quality and not quantity. Our dinner was for two with a middle of the range bottle of Napa Valley red wine and 4 portions each and a desert was about 370USD excluding a tip for the waitress. Nothing over the top for this type of restaurant.

There is also a 7 course "taster menu" available for about 115 USD each. without wine, wine pairing is about 70 USD extra each.

But this is a worth the visit restaurant if this is your style and you are not penny pinching, because I think you could walk out of there thinking what a rip off, if you are not used to it.
They do have various sittings, so you get a set timing for your table, but this is normal in Stockholm.

Oslo
“Great fusion & oustanding cocktails”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Really enjoyed this place, athmosphere is cool and food is great. Recommended hang out for freinds and couples. Prices are ok, great value for money.

I would recommend the lamb racks, grilled entrecote and the salmon (salmalaks) with jalapeno creme. Also the sashimi is really great, Miss Voon has a really nice selection of sashimi sauces that makes the sashimi a must try.

Drinks are great, I love "Strager in Moscow" and "Lychee Cobbler"