“Paid for the experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Aifur Krog & Bar

Aifur Krog & Bar
Reserve with
Aifur Krog & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 3,026 Restaurants in Stockholm
Price range: US$39 - US$167
Cuisines: European, Swedish, Scandinavian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: Aifur Restaurant & Bar is named after the legendary Viking ship Aifur and the result of 15 years of accumulated knowledge and research about life, food and culture from the years 700-1100, merged with skilled and knowledgeable staff in a great location in ”Gamla stan”, the Old Town of Stockholm. Our kitchen is historical informed and for those who are just thirsty there is a seperate bar area.
Munich, Germany
“Paid for the experience”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We did assume, that the place in the heart of the Gamla Stan in Stockholm wouldn't be particularly cheap, so we decided to pay for an experience. The restaurant is amazingly decorated! We went in the evening, so it was full and noisy and the live music was great. I would say, that the musician and the visitors created the atmosphere, since waitresses are rather uninterested. In their defense: they showed no interest not only to us, who ordered "just a soup", but to anybody. No discrimination detected.
Anyway, we ordered the shrimp soup and mead, since we were (thank God!) not that hungry. I really hoped she would bring something else, but we literally got two cups of the soup (it was very tasty) and a piece of warmed bread 2cmX4cm. I still felt a bit uncomfortable paying around €25 for 40cl of mead and hopefully not less than 40cl of a soup. People next to us ordered main courses for 278kr and got tiny-tiny pieces of meat, so don't think they went away being full either.
As a conclusion I would not say you should not go to this place, just be prepared to pay more for less and to entertain yourself.

Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Amstelveen, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Really nice”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Lot of fun and great food served by enthousiastic young people. The lamb was very taste, only a bit too much vegetables. The shrimp soup was perfect.

Kalamata
“Amazing viking restaurant”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I stumbled upon the tavern while I was strolling Gamla Stan and frankly the decision to enter the restaurant was one of my best decision ever taken. The atmosphere, the food, the staff were all fantastic! It's worth the experience.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun for what it is.”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a gastronomic delight then probably not my first choice in Stockholm.

Good hearty food in a cosy environment. Make sure you make up a good Viking name and place of residence as you will be announced to the other customers as you arrive.

Nice to see mead on the drinks list - something a bit different. We had the "feast" - it was fine - a huge plate of meat with different sauces and a mound of parsnips. The beef was a bit tough

The pudding was a highlight - lovely baked nutty tart with a poached apple in it.

All in all - kind of fun but It didn't blow me away.

Brasilia, DF
“Great food, great ambience”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I went there twice. Both the drinks (beer of the house and mead) are delicious, the food is really intresting and the ambience is just fantastic. I was only there on weekdays (they close on sundays) but on friday and saturday I am told they play viking music as well. The food is a tad expensive (what isn't in Stockholm), but I consider it worth it!

Visited June 2014