“Big and friendly but troublesom internet...”

Clarion Hotel Stockholm
Ranked #46 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Winterthur
“Big and friendly but troublesom internet...”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I've attended a conference at Clarion Hotel in Stockholm and stayed there for four nights. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable but there is no wardrobe or dresser to store your clothes. Breakfast offers quite a variety of choices, including freshly made omelettes, but coffee is terrible. Staff is helpful and friendly and the location is quite convenient to get into town and elsewhere.

However, as a business/conference traveller I was using the internet on different devices and that is just one of the worst experiences I've had: Even though there is free WLAN available you need to use a different login for each device and it lasts for 24 hours only until you have to use another login. But that's not enough of the trouble: anytime you switch off your device and start it again, you need to sign in again (and no, it was not because I didn't know how to do it, as all the other participants of the conference had the same issues...). Very bad internet service indeed!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed here for 10 days and always enjoy this hotel as its quite modern and well looked after hotel. The breakfast is great except for sat and sun where there seems to be a lot of locals flocking to the buffet.
The fitness centre is small but ok for a decent workout. Free weights goes up to 22 kg, treadmill, bikes and a few machines. Bonus is the fruits you can grab after your workout :-)

The cleaning of the room leaves a bit to be desired and restocking of the minibar doesnt happen often enough, however I could just phone reception and get it sorted out but never bothered doing it.

Service is general was very professional, not too friendly but taking into consideration this is Sweden it was better than the average hotel.
Rooms doesnt have a tea/coffee station is might be a negative for some.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Athens,GREECE
Reviewed 27 September 2012

PROS
- Very good location
--- by metro, only 3 stops from Gamla Stan - 36 SEK ticket
--- by taxi, 10 mins at 120 SEK
--- on foot, 20 mins
- Soundproof room
- Very wide variety and good quality of breakfast
- Huge breakfast room with nice design and cosy seats. Very bright with a view at the nearby area.

CONS
- A little careless cleanliness
- Relatively small beds
- Low lighting in the room
- Peculiar/disfunctional bathroom door

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Lima Region, Peru
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Love this hotel, the location is great, rooms are clean and very nice, close to the metro station, all arround modern and fashionable. The service was very good and the restaurant Minami, was great!!! I love the asian cuisine , I had very good Japanese , sushi sashimi, excelent, there is live DJ , with very good music..the place is fun!! I will come back, with my family , because this time was very short ..so I will come back , I love it!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Aachen, Germany
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The best: The staff is very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast is really good and offers a lot of choice.

Could be better:Climatisation is very often not working properly too cold or too hot or like last time blowing very noisyly all night!!!

SPA : NO SAUNA FOR GUESTS NOT EVEN WITH A SILVER STATUS. ONLY OPEN FROM 8 to 20...IF YOU WORK THEN TOO BAD!
AND WHAT I FIND OUTRAGEOUS IS THE ENTRANCE COST 95 SEK ENTRY WHEREAS THE SWIMMING POOL CLOSE BY WITH OLYMPIC LANES OPEN FROM 6:30 to 21 with SAUNA IS ONLY 85!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
AnthonyChu, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Stockholm, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Hello Phillippe, thank you. We're very pleased that you find the staff to be friendly and helpful, and that you enjoy our breakfast. I am sorry that you had a problem with the temperature and vent, and hope that we were able to help you with it.

With regards to the sauna, we certainly appreciate your opinions and have even internally registered them as a guest idea for review (including the opening hours). However I would like to point out that the entrance is for access to Elements Spa as an entire experience. The 2 different types of saunas are only a part of our spa concept - also included is access to the spa pool and several other features such as yoga sessions, fruit and tea, and unlimited usage of a wide range of products such as aryuvedic oils and creams.

We respect that your interest possibly lies only in the sauna, but on the other hand one could look at your comparison with the nearby pool complex in another light and see how much more of an experience you get for only 10 SEK! I do hope you are able to give Elements Spa a try sometime. We are very grateful for your patronage and that you contribute with your opinions - we value them very much. Please don't hesitate to let us (or myself personally) know if we can help you at anytime. Best Regards, Anthony, Guest Relations Manager
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Its very nice hotel, modern. We loved stay in this hotel even its not so close to city center. Taxi is not so cheep here...but we used to travel by motorbikes so it was ok. Room was nice and clean, but little bit small. Breakfast was delicious but there were too many people in the same time and you had to wait in the rows...Hotel bar in the first floor was good, alcohol bit expensive but thats normal here;). Receptionists were always kind and help us with wifi. The only wird thing was parking in the next building and loooong way back to hotel. First time we got lost in another building ;))))))

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucia J
Hello Lucia, We're very happy that you loved your stay and had a positive experience from the different services and aspects of the hotel. I'm not sure if we managed to inform you at the time but the parking garage is not run by us but rather an external garage "chain".

As it is situated under and behind the hotel, the exit to street level is in the buildning just besides us. We also offer valet parking service from our entrance and back where we have a section of the garage that is exclusive to us. However I understand in your cases this was not applicable as the situation with motorbikes is a little different... Thanks for writing about your experience and we hope to be able to welcome you back to us! Regards, Anthony
San Giuliano Terme, Italy
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Been there last week for a medical congress. Checked-in 1.30 in the morning: the man at the desk offer me an upgrade for 200 SEK per night for a larger room. I accepted. Once in the room, I realised it was a room for disabled people. Usually this is not a problem for me, but there wasn't any wardrobe so I had to keep my clothes in the suitcase.
More, the day after the shower soap dispenser went out of soap. Someone removed the empty dispenser but it wasn't replaced by a new one.
Moreover, the third day of my stay my room wasn't cleaned (I was out of my room from 9 am till 4 pm). At 4.30 someone knocked at my door, I answered that the room would have been free from 6 to 9 pm.
After dinner, I went back to the hotel but my room wasn't cleaned yet (still no soap in the shower...).
The morning after, after my complaint, they disconted me the upgrade... never more!!!

Room Tip: Change hotel
2 Thank Amelio1
Hello Amelio, I would first and foremost like to apologise for the inconveniences caused during your stay. Your frustrations are fully warrented and it seems that you somehow experienced several instances of lack of attention to details - the kind of small details that we normally pride ourselves on - and in doing so affected your impression and satisfaction.

I am glad to see that we compensated you for the problems caused and hope that it may be of some consulation to know that we proactively use these rare but unfortunate circumstances when we learn of them to help keep our quality control and routines in order so that similar instances are prevented. What you experienced is not typical of our standard of service and we are sincerely sorry. If you would like to further discuss your stay or if you have any questions that I can help answer then please do contact me at any time via anthony.chu @ choice.se. Best Regards, Anthony