“Lovely! Dinner was in the top 10 meals in my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thoresta Herrgard

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stockholm
Thoresta Herrgard
Ranked #94 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Lovely! Dinner was in the top 10 meals in my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We visited Thoresta Herrgard in September 2012, for a work event. It's difficult to find, but worth the trek. Immediately, we were greeted by a welcome smile and great service. The location is beautiful, rooms ok, but just fine for a cozy retreat.
The food! I can't say enough! Seriously, the dinner was in the top 10 best dinners I have ever had, anywhere around the world. Elegant, impeccable service, and unique and creative dishes.
Breakfast was lovely, everything freshly made, delicious.
If I had millions of dollars, I'd bring my whole family from the US and friends for a weekend here! it'd be worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Solo
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

A small but cosy main building in a lovely landscape. Personal, attentive staff. Good rooms, but with nothing special. Above all: the food! I've been to many conference mansions and castles in Sweden, but this take the prize for the cuisine. I would say it's in a division of it's own in the "weekend-castle-business". The format is just right; the place is just small enough to allow for serious cooking. Inventive dishes with lots of flavour. Much care on the details. My personal opinion is that this is a clear contestant for a Michelin star. Highly recommended both for a conference (small to medium gathering) and a weekend brake-away.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Zürich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

When I searched for the Hotel on the map I was a bit worried that I would sit in a grey November month in the middle of nowhere. It is actually in the middle of nowhere (ca. 40km from Alanda airport), but soooo beautiful and cosy! The rooms are simple but clean. They are located in the annex. The highlight is the main building where you find the restaurant and the living rooms. Beautiful view and country side luxury with chemines and sofa corners and amazing food. The November days were still warm and sunny, which means I could even enjoy the terrasse. There is a great golf course near by. Or you can just have a walk around the lake. Order a taxi upfront via the Hotel if you go there from Arlanda (fixed price, ca. EUR 60).

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2008

I ran a course here and the facilities (rooms etc) are pretty good and they are well geared up to handling conference groups.

However two things stand out. Firstly the food is truly first class - I understand the chef is in the running for some kind of national award. Every meal I had there was a real treat and quite memorable.

Secondly the place has some of the friendliest and helpful staff I have come accross in a conference venue for some time.

Quite a few hotels I know could take a leaf out of their book.

• Liked — Stunning food and sensible internet policy
  • Disliked — No comment
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockholm
Södermalm
Ulfsunda Castle
#4 of 11 in Bromma
Gorvalns Slott
#1 of 2 in Jarfalla

Been to Thoresta Herrgard? Share your experiences!