Hotel Rival
US$402
US$341
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$178
Agoda.com
Victory Hotel(Stockholm)
US$206
1,783 results
All reviewspillow menubenny anderssongreat hotelquiet squareteddy bearold towngamla standeluxe roomfourth floorlovely parkcoffee machineboutique hotelloved this hotelbreakfast was includedlong weekendno air conditioningsubway station
Reviewed 5 November 2010

The Hotel Rival is, easily, the best hotel in Stockholm. Located just a five minute walk to Old Town Stockholm, and close to tours and other visitor amenities, it's location along side a city park is excellent. The rooms are very nice (they actually have king sized beds - a rarity in Europe), the rooms are well appointed, beds are very comfortable, bathroom fixtures are first rate. If you're on foot, the hotel is close to local transit/subway (T-bana), and within a ten minute walk of Stockholm's Central Station. The taxi ride from the Stockholm airport (Arlanda) was about 30-minutes and cost $75 - but less than the express train costs. A great hotel and THE place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2010

The room wasn't big, but it was nicely done. It is quite a funky hotel with a great bar/ restaurant. I would definitely stay here again. Friendly staff, good breakfast ... I really can't complain about anything. It is a 10 min taxi ride to the city centre (approximately SEK 150). Make sure you use Taxi Stockholm (Tel: +46 8 150 000). Very professional and cheaper.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2010

You feel the difference the second you step in - scratch that - BEFORE you even arrive. I had booked a superior room for myself, my husband and my elderly mother. In the lead up to our visit, I was filled with questions on the city, the transportation, places to eat, shopping, etc. The staff was exceptionally helpful, professional and gracious - responding immediately to all my emails with extensive and exhaustive information and sending me an email a few days prior to our arrival date with the weather conditions, the specs of the room and asking if there is anything special that we need prepared before our arrival. We had arranged for a pick up from the airport by the hotel and there it was ready and on time. We arrived very late at night - reaching the hotel a few minutes before midnight. Exhausted and hungry, we were greeted by smiles and a warm welcome. When we askd about dinner, they informed us that the restaurant was about to close but that they would call up to make sure that there is something for us. Sure enough, we had the most delicious hot meal and salad you can think of. The restaurant and the bar of the hotel are possibly the best in the entire city - best taste, service and value for money. We ate there almost daily especially after having tried other places and realizing that our hotel offered the best quality of food, service and ambiance. The room was immaculate, all the amenities you can think of (and ones that would not even cross your mind including a place to plug in the play station if you are travelling with children), CD player, DVD player (with a free CD and DVD collection in the room and others you can order, again for free from quite an extensive library - we tried ordering a movie once and literally less a minute between putting down the phone, there was a knock at the door and the movie delivered). This is the kind of service you got throughout. Again, the night we arrived, we informed them that my mother needed an extra mattress for her bad back. This is a request that we had made at other FIVE star hotels across Europe. They were the ONLY ones who obliged and the first thing the following morning. We did not have to even remind them. They helped with suggesting tours, reserving tours, getting cabs, and helping with just about anything and everything you wanted. Free internet, coffee and biscuits on the business floor 24/7 - the breakfast is one of the best - again a huge variety, constantly replenished and the taste unbeatable. The decor is really funky but that only adds to the beauty and charm of the place. Our room had a nice balcony overlooking a charming small park - the awning was lifted automatically after sunset and down again with sunrise. The neighborhood is just right - you are in a quiet elegant place yet under ten minutes on foot, you are in the old city and just about everywhere else. Honestly, this is one of the best hotels that we have ever stayed in (and we are very heavy travellers in both Europe and the US). Thanks are due to all the staff but especial thanks to Marcus, Anne-Sofie, Sean and Monty. If I ever go back to Stockholm, the unrivaled Rival will be one of the main reasons. Would I recommend it to others? I already have - my company is planning to send a group of doctors to attend a conference in Stockholm and I have already directed them towards the Rival. They deserve it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2010

The hotel is just right and it offers all the necessary facilities. The staff are quite professional. The Rooms are on the roomy side.. I loved staying there....I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and would stay there during my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Booked this hotel based on location, Tripadvisor recommendations and the fact that Benny from ABBA owns it (I admit it). Really enjoyed our stay. Check--in was prompt and efficient, and issues like wifi were automatically explained. I do not think they provide a service to take bags to one's room. The front desk staff were excellent: one two nights we tried to get bookings at restaurants, only to find most were booked out. One of the guys spent 20 minutes ringing around various places before finding us a table at a great classic restaurant. The next night, the staff also tried, but told us just to head out, and they'd organise things, as they had an idea what we were interested in and when we wanted to eat. Booking and directions were provided when we got back to the hotel, and again, a good recommendation.

The rooms are medium-sized, the bathroom was large, and our fifth-floor room had a reasonable-sized and private balcony. ABBA CDs are in the room, as is a large flatscreen TV. Wifi worked well for the stay. King-sized bed was very comfortable, and the room was extremely quiet.

The breakfast buffet is good, but not cheap (SEK 175 per person). The dining room is pleasant. It's a continental buffet, with cold meat cuts, gravlax, lots of cheese, pastries and fruit. I agree that the hot selections are limited. The quality of food provided is good, but as mentioned, not cheap. There's a cafe right next door (owned by the hotel) which is much cheaper, and numerous cafes and bakeries within a five-minute walk.

The hotel is one block from Mariatorget tunelbana (T-bana) station, or a SEK 150 taxi ride to the central railway station. It's about two blocks to a really good gym, Pro Gym (SEK 80 per visit). The area is quite hip: there are lots of design shops nearby (Sodermalm is Stockholm's groovy district), and it's about a 10 minute walk to Gamla Stan.

Overall, I really liked this hotel, and plan to stay here again on future visits to Stockholm.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple