Rex Hotel
Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$141
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$277
US$168
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$165
US$83
US$71
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Stockholm Slussen(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$150
  • Restaurant
Story Hotel Riddargatan(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$247
US$210
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Motel L Hammarby Sjostad(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$86
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssister hotel across the roadmetro stationquiet streethotel hellstenfree coffee and teatwin roomnice hotelminute walkthree nightscentral locationtop floorgamla stanbreakfast roomold townbreakfast was deliciouscity breakclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Hotel Rex was an ideal place to stay in. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
We stayed from 10th - 13th June 2012 for leisure and also for business.

Facilities:
The Rex Hotel is a sister hotel to Hotel Hellsten which was opposite. It was great because it meant we can use facilities from both hotel such as the tea and coffee machines which supplied delicious coffee and herbal tea all day long. We popped over to Hellsten for dinner which was great. They offer 3 course meal for very reasonable price. We had herring, reindeer stew (my husand had elk burger) and there was ice cream available. It was absolutely delicious and the staff were very welcoming.

The hotel also has a PC with internet access and printer, so it made it easy for me to prin off documents for my business meetings.

Rooms:
The rooms were rather small but my husband and I were happy enough. They were clean, had big TV and were comfortable. Felt like home!

Breakfast:
Breakfast was continental but more on the Swedish side (i think), there was boiled eggs, cottage cheese, cheese, ham slices, rivita (a large selection), fresh bread (large selection), tomatoes, cucumber. There was also cereals available. It was minimal but good for myself an my husband as we weren't planning for a big breakfast.

Location:
The hotel is 1 minutes walk from Rådmansgatan station which is easy to get to other parts of stockholm. There are also local shops such as seven-eleven which is like an off-licence/mini super market. There are also restaurants dotted near the hotel, there is an Indian restaurant which serves delicious Indian cuisine, very fresh and light. Not like the greasy heavy type we have in London.

Tourist Attractions:
I would recommend taking the hop-on-hop off BOAT which is great! You get to explore most of stockholm. We even took a 20 minute boat to fjäderholmarna which is the closest of the archipelago islands. Worth the visit. We also took advantage of the bike hire schemes around stockholm which was really fun and a great way to see some of the sights. The hotel supplies all the relevant leaflets.

Money:
This is more to do with stockholm than the hotel. I would suggest taking lots of spending money as you can end up spending so much because things are not cheap. I spent £280 in 4 days (I don't drink and only went to restaurant twice).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank M_n_M1707
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The hotel is not fancy, but my room was clean, nice modern bathroom, comfortable bed. My flight arrived very early in the morning and left me with about 5 hours to wander around before I could check in to my room. My single room was small but had all needed amenities with wood floors, a small desk and, over the bed, a good reading lamp. Hotel coffee making machine in the lobby was a nice change from the instant coffee and tea you sometimes get to make hot beverages in your room. Besides having plug-in internet connections in the room, the hotel has WiFi access in the lobby and a computer in the lobby set aside for guests to use. The staff were friendly and my room was quiet, but I did have a few issues with the temperature in the room versus the breakfast room. My room was too warm and it took a day to adjust the radiator to a comfortable amount of heat. The breakfast room, on the other hand, was too cold and I was told by reception that the heat in the room had not been working for several weeks. Not good for a December visitor! The other issue I had was with the staffing of the reception desk. The same staff apparently handle two hotels across the street from each other simultaneously. This was problematic when it came time to check out in early morning and the staff was at the other hotel and I could not figure out which equipment on the reception desk I could use to reach reception at the other hotel.

Overall a nice place to stay, chosen because it was in the neighborhood where I had lived for a time, and near subway or a 15 minute walk to downtown, 25 minutes to the Old Town.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed in the Rex hotel for 2 nights in early June and really enjoyed ourselves. We stayed on the top floor, where the roof cambers and so the room felt quite cosy and there were many areas where i couldn't stand up straight and was at risk of banging my head (which I did a couple of times!). HOWEVER: If like us, you don't plan on spending a huge amount of time in the room it is a great place to stay. The hotel is extremely clean. It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk into the main square in Stockholm, or there is a T-Bahn stop round the corner that takes you directly to T-Centralen. The breakfast buffet is a continental offering which we enjoyed. There is also free wi-fi throughout the hotel, and free teas and coffees from the hotel lobby. All staff we encountered were extremely helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank von-balthazar
Per H, Owner at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Dear Von-Balthazar,

Thank you for writing this review about us! We are so glad to hear your kind words about our hotel, its location, breakfast buffet and especially about my wonderful staff.

I do regret that you were checked in to one of the rooms in the top floor at the garden wing where the roof is tilted. We try not to use these rooms for taller persons and if you would have requested, our reception would have done their best to change the room for you.

I am so happy that your Stockholm vacation was a success and that we could contribute to this from our side. I do hope we will have the pleasure to see you back with us again, or perhaps the next time you can try our newest hotel in Stockholm, Hotel Hellsten’s Malmgård, in a fantastic building from 1770.

Kind regards,
Per Hellsten
Owner

Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Good value for money if you take into account how expensive Stockholm is. It is located about 20 mins walk to the main part of the city. We were lucky enough to be able to check in early which was a bonus. The room was larger than we were expecting, although bathroom a little small but still had all you needed and was clean. Breakfast was plentiful, lots of choice. Tea and coffee making facilities in the foyer was good. Free wifi was also handy.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Sbev7
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The room was really nice and clean, but small. If you need more space, maybe ask for a bigger room.

Breakfast is served with a buffet. It tastes excellent!
At the lobby you get tea and coffea for free the whole day!
WLAN is inclusive.

Service is excellent and all employees so friendly!

Thank you for the hospitality. We felt like home!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple