“Ballet? Don't miss a backstage tour!”

Opera House (Operan)
Stockholm Grand Tour by Coach and Boat
Ranked #36 of 301 things to do in Stockholm
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Ballet? Don't miss a backstage tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Even if you can't get a ticket for performance, you can still enjoy their backstage tour. I did see "Swan Lake", but my seat was not good, and I couldn't see almost a half of the stage...

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Athens
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Classical beauty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

It is a must if you are a classical music fun. I am not one, but I liked the building very much, my general feeling was very good and I left the building thinking that the visit was worth.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank chrifoti
Trinidad and Tobago
331 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 626 helpful votes
“Tannhäuser - we had a great night out ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Opera House is small compared to the Houses in other places in the world.
Nevertheless, it has a decent orchestra and got a great Group of singers together.
We enjoyed the dark part of Tannhäuser, and the set reflected a bit of Nordic Design, too.

Visited May 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Small but beautifully formed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We attended a concert and recital of Mahler's Das Lied von der Erde. The performance was excellent the Opera House is small when compared to La Scala or Covent Garden but extravagantly decorated. The chandelier was stunning and ceiling illustrations unusual. The entrance hall and rooms above are worth a visit as is the downstairs cafe/ piano bar

Visited March 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A fantastic night out with my wife”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife surprised me with a night at the Opera.
We started with an extremely good dinner in "Bakfickan" on the back side of the Opera building. It is a small restaurant that accepts no bookings and you might have to wait awhile but the fish casserole I had was amazing. It is small and cosy and perfect for a date. The Opera building itself is beautiful and old with plenty of history to it.
In the pause my wife had booked us a table in Guldfoajen where a bottle of Champagne and strawberries were awaiting us. This was a truly wonderful surprise to a wonderful evening. You can book this on their homepage. Needless to say, I am a very fortunate man.

Visited November 2013