“"Dried grated deer" 😳”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Östermalm
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We managed to secure a table at Ekstedt restaurant, after a long day I didnt want a huge dinner so I opted for the 4 course set dinner, the restaurant only serves set dinners by gives you an option for 4 or 6 courses. I was reluctant to order the wine pairing too, but it turned out to be a good choice.
There were items on the menu that worried me, "grated deer" was one of them. BUT it was all delightful! It may not be the best restaurant in Stockholm, but it surely is recommendable.
The courses are inspired by Swedish traditions and the food is fresh and delicious!
The Wine pairing was great, not to much, just right and well paired. They seem to like Austrian wines in Scandinavia these days!
I would come back!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We invited my parents for dinner, when they visited me in Stockholm. The food is excellent and the service is great. It is not usual, but we enjoyed great food and good wine.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I challenge you to experience Swedish cuisine at its best. Niklas Ekstedt created this restaurant after a time off from everything. He searched roots from Jamtland and found them. Smoky stickiness. Lingon berries. The Swedish fish "Goes" at its finest. Service is educational, subtle and cordial. If you wish to fully understand what the quietness of the deep forests of Sweden is all about, if you want to have a fantastic dining experience...be sure to book a table at Ekstedts. Oh...you wonder if it is pricy!
Believe me...you will call for the check and simply don't care. We ate an essentially 11 course dinner with an Excellent wine package for 5000 SEK. You Do the check in your own currency.
Or not. Just take my word for it.

1  Thank Michel B
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

This place is unique in its cooking due to that they only uses wood fire to cook everything which gives the food an extra kick. They certainly deserve the Michelin star. The service was great and the chef also gave us an extra course besides from our 4/6 course menu. All the flavors blended well together and nothing was over cooked or undercooked. Recommend this place !!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Fantastic Food and even more incredible experience. Make sure you go hungry! The atmosphere is perfect. Meals are plated in the dining room. Spectacular.