“Excellent Stay!”

Ibis Styles Stockholm Odenplan
Ranked #85 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Lovely hotel!

I enjoyed the stay and the style of the hotel, it is different from other Ibis I have been.

The price is worth it!

The location is fine in front of the church and there is a lot of restaurant aaround the hotel.

Have a nice stay there!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Stockholm Odenplan

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We spend a few days early July 2013 at the Ibis Styles Odenplan in Stockholm. The hotel has recently been renovated. We had a room at the sixth floor on the front side of the building. Though through a small window, we had a nice view at the Gustav Vasa Church and part of the Odenplan. Location very near subway station.
The hotel is clean, newly decor and fresh. Breakfast is basic but ok... Free internet in hotel and at PC in the breakfast area. Staff is friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top floor are cozy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Excellent staff at reception, very friendly Mr Johan does at great job! Hotel very clean, newly decor ad fresh. Breakfast is basic but ok... Free interest in hotel and PC in breakfast area. Location near by metro and supermarket.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marc_twn
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It was the first experience with Ibis hotels, the hotel looked better than we expected. The location is good about 20 minutes walk from Old town. We booked a double room, but got a triple one. This room was really big, the bed was very high and comfortable. We had a wonderful view on the church. The breakfast was OK.
Check for the best price before booking.

Room Tip: We liked the room 402
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is a clean hotel with nice rooms albeit with odd shapes and very functional. Internet is free and service is hood. Also quite reaonable for Sweden. There are soo rooms in the basement and an elevator

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have probably only 2 plus points for this hotel. It is located in an area where you can get about to find eatery or walkabout to attraction places rather easily. Its also consider a quite area. I did not really get to interact with the staffs there as I stayed a night only, but they did help arrange a take away nice sandwich for me as I was catching a very early morning flight hence missing my breakfast hour which was included in the accomodation price.

Now further to the accomodation price, I really can't say its value for money at all - I did not really get a good night sleep in a too soft single bed in a tiny room with a tiny bathroom for the price I paid. I really did not expect this when I walk into the room. In my country and in London / Scotland, I would have only had to pay 10% -30% of the price I had paid for this room - and yet still get a slightly more spacious and comfy double bed room with a decent size bathroom, and this no frills hotel is called Tune Hotel. If not for my early morning flight (which was more of a convenience), I would rather stick to my stay at their sister hotel in Stockholm Jarva.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stockholm hotels are notoriously pricey, so we thought the €110 we paid for a night at the Ibis Styles Odenplan was excellent value.

We were in room 103, which rather than part of the main hotel, was on the first floor of an adjoining residential complex. The room was housed in a converted apartment that had been divided to form rooms 102 & 103 (with shared entrance hall). Still had an apartment feel in terms of lay out (and some of the storage cupboards were filled with unused paintings and carpet?). Room decor was reasonably up to date - although some might find the purple theme, including purple artwork, somewhat over bearing.

Overall, room size was much larger than we were expecting based on other Tripadvisor reviews. The bed was FABULOUS - very high, proper double mattress with crisp white linen. It was better than the majority of five star hotel beds that we've experienced during our travels in continental Europe.

The bathroom was the only let down - dated, with drab floor tiles, and no plug for the basin. No hand soap or any other toiletries, only a liquid soap dispenser on the shower wall. But for the price we paid, it was fine.

Free, fast wi-fi service with excellent coverage. Breakfast wasn't amazing, but it was included in the rate so can't really complain. Just make sure you clear your own table so as not to get on the wrong side of the grumpy breakfast staff! Also a good idea to head down at least half an hour before breakfast ends as the staff begins packing up fifteen minutes before it is officially over - they don't appear to welcome guests lingering about!

Reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. We were wary about leaving our luggage unattended in the open 'storage' area next to reception; however we didn't experience any problems.

Hotel is well served by subway and bus transport connections. Alternatively, it's a pleasant 45 minute walk to the old town.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the shared internal residential courtyard. R...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lollypollyme
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockholm
Norrmalm
Kungsholmen
First Hotel Fridhemsplan
First Hotel Fridhemsplan
#111 of 154 in Stockholm

Been to Ibis Styles Stockholm Odenplan? Share your experiences!