“Nice atmosphere, main dish not satisfactory!”
Review of Vinvalvet 1644

Vinvalvet 1644
Reserve with
Vinvalvet 1644 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,642 of 3,060 Restaurants in Stockholm
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Slussen
“Nice atmosphere, main dish not satisfactory!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We visited this place in order to have some late lunch so you can imagine that we were hungry! We have started with a cup of tea which came only in one flavor!!!or at least we have not been offered otherwise.

Since we were hungry we decided to go straight for the main dishes, so we chose duck which I do not recommend it in case you are hungry! The food was good and the taste was nice but some pieces had quit lots of fat.

Overall if you would like to go on a date or have some relax romantic time and drink some wine this might be a nice place to visit.

Visited January 2014

Stockholm, Sweden
“good food”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Service and food is good! The restaurant is very specials, romantic and kind of mysterious! I recommend 100%

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Hanna I
Stockholm, Sweden
“Amazing atmosphere, average food”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We had a girls night at this tapas restaurant, which has an excellent location right next to the Slussen metro station and the Hilton Hotel. If you are not looking for it, you might walk right by it and miss it, as it is just a door leading down some stairs. But once you get downstairs, it has a lovely ambience. The restaurant is in a wine cellar, so it is all stone walls, arched ceilings, wine racks, and candles, with beautiful Spanish music playing. We were seated in the back of the restaurant, and the service was friendly and efficient. We were 3 people sharing 7 tapas and the bill came to about 450:- SEK, plus drinks. The food was average, not the best, and I found it to be too salty. I would return for the environment, but not the food.

• Visited February 2013
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Nice food, shame about the service”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Right next door to the (far better option) Bla Dorren, this Tapas restaurant was conveniently located to our hotel (Hilton) so, deciding to have a meal where we could order several dishes, we opted for Tapas...

It's a quiet, cellar type place, probably targeting romantic couples rather than families or groups (me and my daughter visited). It's well decorated and the food was really nice and, to be fair, not badly priced for Stockholm (7 tapas dishes and a couple of soft drinks... eventually = 420 SEK ish).

However... the service was one comical moment after another (he says, in hindsight... Not so comical at the time). Seated at a table straight away, but then took ages for someone to ask us what we wanted to drink. I asked for a couple of Sprites which seemed to confuse the waiter. I explained it was like lemonade... He asked if it had alcohol??? Errr... No... it's like lemonade... So 10 minutes later he proudly turned up with a couple of green, alcohol free cocktails. I explained that's not what I wanted. I just wanted a couple of fizzy lemonades... After which he returned with 2 bottles of Sprite! (how hard was that!?)

After another 10 minutes (and when another couple came in and sat next to us, giving their order, around 20 minutes after we'd been seated) we gave our order... The food eventually came (after our neighbors). We finished and (eventually) got the bill, but seeing the couple next to use query their bill (been charged for more drinks than they'd ordered) at least made me feel it wasn't just us who'd experienced dodgy service!

By all means, give it a try, the food was good... Maybe the waiter was new, or just having a bad night (perhaps he didn't like us not drinking!) In any event, with plenty of options around (and another trip to Stockholm already being considered), I won't be paying a return visit.

• Visited December 2012