“Free!!”
Review of Maritime Museum

Maritime Museum
Ranked #75 of 313 things to do in Stockholm
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a lovely little museum. If you have children there's some nice interactive exhibits for them. I had a nice time walking around.

If you're only in Stockholm for a limited time than don't bother, but otherwise it's nice to fill in some time.

(Don't confuse this with the Vasa Museum!)

1  Thank Philapedia
There are newer reviews for Maritime Museum

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I just did not know where to start. There is no logic behind this museum. Also not very interesting, no wonder that there were almost no visitors.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I don't wanna disappoint whoever is going to read this but personally, I am not really interested in any maritime issues, so please read with discretion. It has quite some interesting remains of an old Swedish warship, ship models throughout the naval history of Sweden and other more contemporary maritime issues exhibits (e.g. pirating in the African East Coast & tattooing prints of sailors) I will only recommend it if you have time to spare and want an easy afternoon in a not-so-brain-draining museum.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I will preface this by saying I did not visit the main museum building when I was in Stockholm, I did however visit their auxiliary boathouse and dock on Djurgården. The boathouse was cool, they had old Swedish Royal yachts on display but it was the museum ships on the dock I most enjoyed. First off everything is free, which is a rarity especially in Stockholm. Second most museum ships have the interesting bits locked or roped off, not these though. I went through the engine room of an icebreaker and saw the old triple expansion steam engine and its oil boilers and I went onto a lightship and climbed 33 steps to the top of the on board lighthouse. It's right next to the Vasa museum so go and check it out to get a juxtaposition between Swedish shipbuilding of then and now!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is a really nice museum about the Swedish marine history. There are many big models of warships and cargo ships. Many things are in english, which is great. Another amazing thing was the authentic stern of a ship,There was also an exhibition about tatoos, but i didn't like it too much, but I'm afraid that the main reason was because it wasn't in english. Another exhibition was about the Swedish sea patrols in Somalia, but it was also only in Swedish. But what I really liked was the exhibition about cargo shipping.

Overall it's a really nice museum but I would really appreciate if everything was also in English.

1  Thank MrChiaak