“So much fun”

ABBA The Museum
Ranked #10 of 320 things to do in Stockholm
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: ABBA The Museum is more than an ordinary museum. Naturally, the members’ costumes, gold records, original items, memorabilia, and much, much more are here. But at this museum you are an important part of the experience! We simply want you to experience the feeling of being the 5th ABBA member. To find out what you would look like in their legendary stage costumes, to sing at the Polar Studio, to experience exciting 3D avatars, and to enter the stage together with the band.

Excellent and fun!
We returned to Stockholm to visit the museum. 2 in our party of 4 had been to Stockholm 3 previous times and it was the second time for my husband and I. We were not disappointed.
So much for everyone to do and you can have video memories to relive time and again!
If you like ABBA then don't pass this up

1  Thank WendyRegular
Write a ReviewReviews (5,935)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I've been there last April and I was trilled! ABBA The Museum is a paradise for the fans of ABBA, but also for everyone who wants to enjoy his trip in Stockholm!
If you are in Stockholm, you MUST go to ABBA The Museum!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Jättebra! My friend and I had a wonderful morning at the museum. The interactive stuff was great fun and I loved looking at all the costumes and photos. Highly recommend

1  Thank magdesigner
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We went there in 2013 and the whole family loved it. both he parents who remember ABBA from the old days and the iPhone generation teenagers who loved both the history and most of all the interactive part.
For me i love how the ABBA members have all been involved in the making of the museum !

1  Thank Johanna H
Reviewed 14 August 2014

ABBA The Museum is simply amazing. If you're an ABBA fan, it is the perfect pilgrimage. If you're not an ABBA fan (yet), you will be by the time you leave. One of the best parts is that it is so interactive. You can sing and dance with ABBA holograms, record ABBA karaoke, dance in a music video, mix your own versions of songs and so much more.

If you're an ABBA fan, one of the most exciting parts is the retro rotary phone at the museum because there are only four people in the whole world that know the number. If it rings, you'll want to run and pick it up because you can guarantee it will be a member of ABBA on the other end of the line.

The museum is home to a large exhibition of memorabilia, costumes, replicas of key places in the ABBA story, photographs and videos is on show. While making your way around the exhibition I highly recommend you pay the extra amount to get the audio guide which is narrated by the ABBA members in their own words and voices. It's an invaluable part of the museum experience. The curator Ingmarie Halling went on tour with ABBA in the 70s helping with costumes and make-up so her careful touch and first-hand expertise brings everything to life.

I will definitely be back to visit and one day I even hope to work for this wonderful museum.

NB. Take a camera and it's best to go with a friend for all the photo opportunities that will no doubt arise while you're there. I went alone and it was difficult to take selfies and I didn't like to bother the other customers.

1  Thank GracieGirl27