“Always a great stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
New York
“Always a great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have stayed at Nordic Light on multiple occasions over the past year and a half. I have been impressed consistently with the level of customer service provided, and my stay a few days ago was no exception. Jesper at the front desk was extremely friendly and super accommodating, going above and beyond to make me feel comfortable after a long night of travel. The location is amazing for convenience to the Arlanda Express, it cannot get any easier to travel to and from the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank njbenevento
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear NJ,

Thank you so much for writing your review. It was pure joy reading it.

I will make sure that Jesper will get this message. It will be my pleasure to give it to him.

We all at Nordic Hotels hope to see you soon again, and again, and again... And once again, thank you so much for writing about us.

Warmest regards,
Philip Persson, Nordic Light Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip because it was close to the Arlanda Express. The helpfulness of the staff did not make up for the disappointing quality of the room, so different from the stylish design promised by the web page. Dull, dated box like rooms that felt like a 1970's conversion of an office block. The bed mattress was so thin and worn that a sound night's sleep was out of the question. The staff were accommodating and "did the best they could" by offering me an extra top mattress. No water in the room, certainly no tea or coffee making facilities. No body lotion, cotton wool or other useful toiletries, just the very basic stuff. The concept of "Nordic light" was rather lost on me - a hollow gimic consisting of a pink coloured light aimed on the wall.

Breakfast is a notch above the sleeping arrangements. Attractive restaurant with a vast array of healthy (and less healthy) offerings.

Dinner - expensive and quality erratic. I only at there once, on. Tuesday night, restaurant was pretty empty, so I was hoping for good performance from the kitchen - they weren't exactly rushed off their feet. I ordered the entrecôte, which came with roast potatoes and a tomato salad. The steak, whilst tasty, was luke warm, whilst the potatoes scorching. The tomato salad, which had an interesting orange and parsley dressing, was very tired, and tasted like it was yesterday's.

Good bar, nice vibe, simultaneously cosy and hip.

Universally friendly and service-minded staff - over the 3 days, everyone was proactively helpful.

I shan't be going back. If I have to stay in that area if town again, I shall look for a better bed!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank VagabondGourmand
Hi,

First of all, thank you for writing your review. We need all the input we can get, positive or negative.

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay and that we did not reach up to your expectations and our real capabilities. I can only apologize and hope that you will give us one more shot - so that we can make up for your last stay.

Again, thank you for writing and I and the rest of the staff of Nordic Light Hotel hope to see you again.

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Situated very close to the central rail station and a very short walk to the metro/underground, this hotel looked very stylish from the reception with the friendly staff and a busy and welcoming looking bar area. The rooms are compact and a little world weary but warm and clean. There was a funky red spotlight shining on the bed, not sure what that signified. From the point of view of being a city centre hotel it could have been better sound insulated but exhaustion guaranteed a good night sleep anyway. What was a nice touch was the light/alarm clock that wakes you up by gradually raining the light level but also playing gentle sounds such as birdsong in a forest. However although it did wake me up I did find myself actually feeling so relaxed it actually caused me to drop back to sleep. Gotta get me one of those clocks though. Breakfast was served continental buffet style but was well presented, fresh and good choice available. There was a small, well equipped gym which was very accessible. Overall the staff were friendly or quietly efficient, not the cheapest place to stay in Stockholm but I think it offered good value for money and I will stay there again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Veteran75
Dear Sir,

Thank you writing your review about Nordic Light Hotel.

We are always trying our best to make our guests feel like "at home". One of example of this is the wake-up lamp that many find, like you did, comforting and a bit funny. The brand is Philips if you wish to acquire one for your self.

I'd like to thank you for pointing out the things you enjoyed and I really hope that you will return to us soon.

If you need anything in particular for your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We all wish you a pleasant day.

Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The reception staff was helpful and service minded. The room was, even with an upgrade, over all just ok and average. It was clean and it probably was contemporary furnished a few years back, but now it looked quite worn down. The sink in the bathroom had cracks in it and the shower drain was clogged. They should really do something about the rooms before rumour spreads and it gets way too outdated and even unpleasant.

I do visit the bar once in a while for an after work since I find it rather nice, and their brunch is really in my taste. However since this review only portrays my experience of the hotel stay part, the grade is based purely on that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sokriw
Hello!

Thanks for writing your review. It means the world to us, and it does of course not have to be positive if that is the way that you feel. Honesty is always appreciated.

I am sorry to read that you found the hotel a bit worn down. We will of course take action in this matter.

I am however very glad to read that you liked the brunch. I also hope that you will return to us so that we can prove that we can do better in the hotel...

Take care and have a great day!

Philip Persson, Nordic Hotels
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I did not stay here and the review is on the bar in the lobby area only
Classy and upscale lounge ..... The bartenders brew some good cocktails. I found them helpful too...Not many beers on the menu though. The DJ spins real nice lounge music and the acoustics of the place, despite high ceiling, is not bad

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ajay9252
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Hi,

Thanks for reviewing our bar. They deserve an equal amount of praise too!

I hope that you'll be back soon and that you try the hotel.

Have a great day!

Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Location is great. Get off the Arlanda express (or walk toward Arlanda Express if you arrive at Central Station) head to the taxis and the hotel is 1 block away in the direction that the taxis would drive, just don't walk into the Nordic Ice Hotel which is across the street. Shopping district is 5 minutes away, Old Town is 10 minutes away. Wifi is fast enough and free, breakfast is ok as is the restaurant for dinner. I didn't understand why I had 2 tiny blankets instead of one, no iron in the room and no safe in the room otherwise I would have given it 4 stars. That said, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shen_Jackson
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Hi Jack!

Thanks for writing such a nice review.

We do have safety boxes in all the rooms, so it's strange that you did not find it. It might have been on maintenance during your stay though.

I'm glad that you would stay here again, you are welcome whenever you want.

See you soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Surprisingly good nights sleep for such a central hotel. Great design and attention to detail. I am a big fan of this hotel. Rooms are not huge but this is the Nordic way! Super bar and restaurant/breakfast room. This is so convenient for the express train to and from the airport and very close to the main shopping streets and commercial area of the city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for writing in this forum!

You are always welcome back to us, so we hope to see you soon again!