“Sexiest hotel ;)”
Review of Nordic Light Hotel

Nordic Light Hotel
Ranked #35 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Convenient location in the city centre next to bus and rail services.
Despite the fact that the hotel building seems a little disappointing in the beginning (just a modern concrete block with colourful windows), this impression changes right after you enter the lobby which is seasonally changed, hosting various artists' works and decorations. The reception staff is very helpful and polite and assured us there was no problem with check out in the early morning hours (5AM).
They provided us with a magnetic card to be used in the elevator which was assuring that the hotel took customer security very seriously.
The room was very comfortable, with fancy rotating lighting (ours was hot pink!) which was a very clever and innovative decoration idea! We have to admit that we had one of the best night's sleep as the matress along with the pillows and the duvet were pieces of heaven.

Totally recommended and will definitely go back when we visit again Stockholm!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Constantin,

Thank you for writing such a positive review. It was very nice to read it.

We do take security very seriously, since we want you to feel "like home" when you stay with us. Our beds are from Hästens, which is a swedish bed company, and I am very delighted that you enjoyed the beds quality.

All of us at Nordic Light Hotel are hoping to see you here again and we wish you a pleasant day!

There are newer reviews for Nordic Light Hotel

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Nordic light is hotel is very near to central rail station. From airport, I have taken Arlanda express and this hotel is at walkable distance from rail station. It is located in center of Stockholm city. Room is very good. Lighting effects in the lobby are amazing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ravindra,

Thank you for making a review about our dear hotel. We hope that you enjoyed your stay and that we'll see you back here soon.

If you return, please contact us before arrival if you wish anything in particular.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Best location, near central station and 100m from Arlanda Express (To/from airport). Small rooms, you have to live in your suitcase because there is no space. If you want to use the safe, you'll need to crawl on the floor ! If you want to open the window, ask for the key on the reception desk. Bathroom is relatively big with a big, well working shower. Beds are small but extraordinary comfortable....I asked and was told they were specially made for the hotel by Aestens (most expensive beds in the world) ! Breakfast is good and rich, if you want a real expresso or cappuccino you'll have to pay for it. The bar in the lobby is a very nice and lively place to stay. Overall, a good hotel according to scandinavian standards.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Carina,

We are most thankful for your kind review. It means more than you might believe.

Our beds are from Hästens, which is a swedish bed company, and the beds are, like you your self described them, very comfortable for most guests.

We hope that you will return to us soon. Take great care until next time!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We got there and the room I chose was so small my wife and I wouldn't have survived the four days. We upgraded to a suite, of course paying for it, and it made a much better experience. Still some strange yelling from down in the street below at various hours of the night. Otherwise all was fine.
Breakfast was reasonable but nothing out of the ordinary. Everything in the city is 10-15 minutes by foot, Gamla Stan, piers, various neighborhoods. We shopped at the coop in the train station for drinks but still everything is super-expensive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew J
SthlmNordicHotels, Guest Experience Ambassador at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your review.
I´m glad you enjoyed the suite you upgraded to and that you had a nice stay with us.

Welome back to us and Stockholm

Best Regards Cecilia Ericson

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel is right next to the station for the Arlanda express to the airport. It is a modern hotel with a trendy reception and bar with DJ sessions so you feel like you are entering a club when you arrive. The rooms are very spacious and clean with mood lighting. The room itself was very clean but the bathroom still had rubbish in the bin next to the toilet and there was a food stain under the sink bin ( although to be fair housekeeping may well miss it unless they sat on the toilet - never less it could do why a clean!). The bed was big with decent pillows and although it was comfortable it was very creaky. The breakfast was good with lots of choice and the staff were both helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: A remarkably quiet hotel although I wouldn't want to be near reception!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cros831

Dear guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Sorry for the misstake in the bathroom upon arrival.

We would love to see you as guests again, welcome back!
Humble regards Cecilia Ericson

Reviewed 16 May 2014

350 USD out of my pocket and one experience richer....one experience which tells me that next time in Stockholm, I'll chose another hotel than Nordic Light Hotel.

Where to begin....

My secretary had booked a room for me at this member of the Design Hotel association. I had a look at the Design Hotel website, and immediately thought that this was a group of hotels I would try to visit more of in the future and as a consequence I signed up as a member to immediately receive points for my coming stay at Nordic Light Hotel. However, against all common sense, I received an email from Nordic Light and also later explained at the hotel, that this particular hotel did not give points through the Design Hotel membership program. This, to me, defies logic - considering it proudly states several places that it is member of Design Hotels. However, this should not linger with me for long and cause me to not enjoy a stay at a hotel, which looked very promising (however very expensive).

Upon arrival, there seemed to be DJ and cocktail event going on, which gave a nice urban vibe, however as I was on business trip - I unfortunately did not have the time and luxury to participate. In the reception, there was one employee on duty. She was checking-in another guest before me and once they were done, the receptionist disappeared into another room for a couple of minutes. I was standing clearly at the reception-desk waiting to check-in, and once the receptionist appeared again she started to work on the computer. She did not look up from the screen to smile and acknowledge that I was there or to apologies and say that it was only going to be a few more minutes or anything like that. She totally ignored me and started a short conversation with some other people who stepped into the hotel. After about 10 minutes wait - I was finally attended to and checked in.

The 7th floor and my room both had the appearance of being a bit worn down, and it did not match my expectation of a design rich and well kept hotel. I needed to iron a shirt and called the reception to have an iron and ironing-board brought up, to which the reception stated it was going to be brought up shortly. After 25 minutes!!!!! (and this is not an estimate, it is actual 25 minutes!) I called again, and the reminded the reception of the ironing board. It was this time brought up after a few minutes.

Afterwards, I went on a run around beautiful Stockholm, and on my way through the lobby, I mentioned that I had placed the iron and ironing-board outside my room, for them to pick up anytime. Returning from the run, the iron was still outside my room. Returning later from going out for dinner (I was not going to spend more money at the hotel for dinner, considering my experiences so far), the iron was still outside my room. When I woke up and went for breakfast, the iron was still outside my room. When I left the room to check out, the iron was still outside my room. I reminded them of this when checking out.

The breakfast was nice and simple Scandinavian style, and the service at the reception was fine on the day of check-out (I stored my luggage at the hotel, while attending a meeting in town).

Location is great if you're using the Arlanda Express to the airport.

Now, you can ask me - what does it matter to wait 10 minutes for checking-in and what does it matter to wait 25 minutes for an ironing board and that they do not pick it up again? Well, I travel around 100 days a year and the standard I compare Nordic Light to is all the other hotels I stay at during my travels and the standard is that none of these things should happen. To me it is a signal that they don't have very established procedures to organize their tasks and for 350 USD, I would expect better or at least just present service.

I hope I just visited them on a bad day - and that normally it is a good (however expensive) hotel.

One star for poor service, and they are awarded a second star for actually doing fair on the morning of checking out.

However, I will not likely give them a second chance...

p.s. If you need to use the iron and ironing board, it is most likely standing outside my room on the 7th floor ;)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Nick E

Dear Nick,

Well... Where to begin... (like you wrote your self)?

A good beginning is to thank you for taking the time to write your honest review. It was a bit depressing to read, but very important information on our behalf.

What happened to you is not acceptable. Not at all and I can guarantee you that we will look into the matter. Our staff is normally very professional and trained, and under no circumstances should you have to wait that long (without any line in front of you) for check in. Same goes for the ironing board.

All I can do is apologize and I hope that you will give us another chance so that we can prove that we are better than your first encounter with us. I promise you that we can do SO much better.

Again Nick, thank you for writing and I and the rest of the staff of Nordic Light Hotel wish you a great day. You can contact us at any time if you want to.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have stayed at Nordic Light on multiple occasions over the past year and a half. I have been impressed consistently with the level of customer service provided, and my stay a few days ago was no exception. Jesper at the front desk was extremely friendly and super accommodating, going above and beyond to make me feel comfortable after a long night of travel. The location is amazing for convenience to the Arlanda Express, it cannot get any easier to travel to and from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Nicholas B

Dear NJ,

Thank you so much for writing your review. It was pure joy reading it.

I will make sure that Jesper will get this message. It will be my pleasure to give it to him.

We all at Nordic Hotels hope to see you soon again, and again, and again... And once again, thank you so much for writing about us.

Warmest regards,