“Swedes are so gorgeous”

Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Swedes are so gorgeous”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Booked into the Nordic Sea but was moved to this Hotel which is next door across the road.
Reception staff were courteous, friendly and helpful at check in and when presented with questions.
Great breakfast- quite an extensive selection.
Parking was a bit pricey though even whilst staying at the hotel.
A comfortable stay - though being interrogated by a certain hotel member of staff in order to get through; when tired after a long night out; was not at all appreciated at that time of the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Hello!

Thank you for your kind review. It makes me so happy that you enjoyed the staff and the services provided by us.

We want you to know that you are welcome back to our beloved hotel any day you'd like.

Have a great day!

Philip Persson, Nordic Light Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Ross-on-Wye
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My granddaughter (21) and I had 3 nights at this hotel and loved it. It is very central and most attractions are within walking distance, and the Hop On Hop Off buses and boats are very useful. All the staff were extremely polite and helpful especially those in reception. When I mislaid the key to open the lock on my case a man was immediately sent up to break the lock. Likewise when the safe wouldn't open a man came straight away to replace the batteries. The beds are very comfortable and the bedroom was quiet. There are some very good restaurants within a few minutes' walk such as the Meat and Grill and Bistro Bestick to name just 2. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel, and should I go again to Stockholm I would definitely stay at the Nordic Light.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Hy Sylvia,

I must say that your review was great to read. I will forward it to the front desk as soon as I have finished writing this answer.

Our staff is practicly everything and I am so happy and proud that we managed to help you with the things you needed.

You are more than welcome at any time at Nordic Light Hotel. If returning, send us an email so that we can make your visit even better.

Have a great day and again, a big thank you for posting your fine review.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stylish design hotel in the heart of Stockholm. I stayed for one night in a deluxe room. I am very pleased with the stay. The room is really nice, and the bed s are comfortable, ensuring a good nights sleep. Dinner from the hotel restaurant (room service) was delicious, and the breakfast menu the followong morning was quite good. All in all, highly recommended.

Stayed August 2014
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Frode,

Thank you for writing!

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities and can only hope that you will return to us soon.

Have a great day and come back soon!

Philip Persson, Nordic C Hotel
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I've been to Nordic Light hotel and absolutely loved it! Hope I will come back again some day. Beautiful room, delicious food.... One thing I remember (hope I did not mix it with some other hotel, but pretty sure that it is the one): in the dining room there is a big transparent something about being one week on the diet:" I've been on the diet for a week and all I lost is 7 days!" It made me laugh, because food was so delicious that I couldn't resist it!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jupitress,

Thank you for your warm and positive review.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, and also we hope that you will return to us.

I must agree about the statement... It is truely awesome...

Have a great day and come back soon!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were seriously jet lagged. They went out of their way to make a room a available. Room "maid" ran and got us ice and extra pillows and made sure we were comfortable. Chef gave me Tabasco for migraine, them called to see if I was ok. Amazing

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Diane D
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Diane,

Thanks a million for posting your review.

We always try to make our guests feel welcome and we try to pay attention to the details as much as we can. In your case, we have obviously succeeded.

Again Diane, thank you for writing and we hope to have you back at Nordic Light soon again!

London
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel location is great, very convenient for central station. Checked in after early flight & room was already available -an unexpected welcome bonus. The lobby is stylish and all staff were very welcoming and helpful including Jesper on the front desk who gave good local dining recommendations. The rooms are adequately sized & have very comfortable beds with luxurious bed linens. Generally the amenities in the room were exactly what you would expect in a 4 star hotel. Some of the furniture in the room showing minor signs of ageing such as loose handles & chipped corners but all perfectly functional. Toiletries in bathroom are luxurious organic Swedish brand but in captive holders so no nice reminders of stay to take home. The room price is competitive & fair for a convenient location in the centre of the Swedish capital. Hotel has bikes for guest use which were a great way to see this compact city. Breakfast buffet was a real treat-lots of choice with excellent local organic choices & home made preserves-yum! Cappucino was an optional chargeable extra at breakfast- a slight disappointment (they do provide very acceptable Swedish filter coffee for no additional charge). Not a five star review because detail of the cleaning slightly lets the property down. The room, bathroom & public areas were basically clean but a fixture in the lift was a little dusty & tea tray rubbish from a previous guest had been left in the ice bucket in the room. Have become accustomed to hotels of this standard offering a small surprise to guests eg. chocolate on the pillow on arrival which was missing here but extensive delicious breakfast buffet does compensate for this to some degree.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CassiusCat
Hello!

First of all I would like to thank you for posting your review in this forum. If only all guest could be as thorough as you, our work would be so much easier...

The details of your text is just great and I hope that it will be read by many.

Again, a big thank your for writing and we hope to see you back at Nordic Light soon again. Have a great day!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Nordic Light is an interesting hotel not least because it markets itself as a designer hotel with a boutique-like experience. While I tend to gravitate toward traditional (as in classically-designed) hotels, this really intrigued me and I was looking forward to a four-night stay while in Stockholm for business.

The location of the Nordic Light is beyond superb. It's perfect for tourists, business travelers and others.

I found the staff friendly and fluent in English, just as one would expect in Sweden where English is practically the lingua franca. The service was slightly better than most three-star hotels, but it did lack in some areas. For example, there was no bellman available for arriving or departing guests needing luggage assistance. Also, the front desk was also at times only staffed with one employee, which was odd.

The public spaces were clean and designed in the very contemporary decor that one expects based on the hotel's marketing. As for my room, I was slightly disappointed. This was mostly because I actually found the room to be kind of dark. While there were several lights, there never seemed to be enough to make the room bright. The air-conditioning controls were also pretty unusual, which made it difficult for me to control the temperature during an unusually warm time in Stockholm when temperatures ranged between 85 and 90 degrees.

The room was mostly clean with only the garbage in the bathroom having not been removed from the last guest. The furniture had a fair number of dings and scratches on it and the bathroom itself could use maintenance as the caulking in the tiles was visibly dirty in some places.

Other small things were off, too. The mini-bar wasn't restocked each day despite having been used. There weren't enough towels provided, either. Also, no slippers were provided in my room, though the rooms around me all received them. (I know this because I saw the maid's cleaning cart.)

The TV selection was decent, but it would be nice if CNN or other English language programming was offered beyond the BBC World Service. Wireless internet, which was free, was more than sufficient.

Breakfast each day was pretty good with just about something for everyone's tastes in the buffet, however, the service was poor. I was never once greeted by an attendant. There also wasn't anyone making fresh coffee or espresso for guests, which I thought was odd.

It is difficult to get a good hotel in Stockholm. While the Nordic Light wasn't perfect, it wasn't bad. I would consider staying here again, but only if the price was right.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
SthlmNordicHotels, Supervisor at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi!

I have read many reviews, but not many that are as well-written and thorough as yours.

What I can make of it is that we have succeeded in some parts but failed in some. The room should be clean upon arrival, a "hello" is easy to give the guests when entering the breakfast, etc.

I wish that we could have the same amount of feedback from every guest. Then I promise you, the hotel business would be a lot more responsive and guest friendly. I'm not saying that we aren't already, but we could have a better level of service in all departments of the hotel, which then would lead to a higher rate of guest satisfaction.

We would be honored if you returned to us. Remember that you're always welcome back to Nordic Light Hotel. Just let us know before you intend to return so that we can arrange something special for you.