“Location, location, location!”

Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Palm Beach, Florida
“Location, location, location!”
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I chose this hotel because of a favorable rating in the NYTimes, a reasonable price, and its location near the Arlanda Airport Express. "Near" doesn't come close - it's steps away, making travel to and from the airport exceedingly easy and pleasant. Unlike most cities, being near the main train station (just across the street) doesn't mean a dingy neighborhood. It's an easy walk to shopping and historic areas and I felt safe at all hours of day and night. The room was simple but clean, the bed comfortable with soft sheets, and it was quiet for sleeping - exactly what we needed. The common areas are a bit run down but never dirty. Breakfast was excellent. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Satu_Andersson, Manager at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2010
Hi there,

Sometimes when I read guest feedback and reviews about our hotel I get a warm feeling - the whole world is a part of our hotel.

Thank you for writing a review and I am glad you liked your stay.

The hotel is turning 10 years this upcoming winter and we are continuasly taking action on our common areas to keep the hotel updated.

Warmly welcome back!

Hotel Manager at Nordic Light Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 14 July 2010

This was not my first stay at this hotel and won't be my last! Great location only a few meters from the airport express train and the central station. The hotel is in a nice moden building with excellent design features and eer changing light installations in the public areas.

I have always found the staff to be incredibly helpful at this hotel, which in some hotels in Stockholm they are a little offish at times, but not here.

This stay give me the best nights sleep that I have had in some time. The oom is lovely and comfortable and you can not hear anything from the road outside! Breakfast in the room is reasonably priced or the breakfast downstairs is also very good, running until 11am.

The hotel is fairly expensive, but they often have special offers on their website, especialy in the summer.

The hotel is a short walk to most things in the central part of Stockholm and only about 15 minutes walk from the old town and less than 5 from the main shopping areas.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Satu_Andersson, Manager at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2010
Hi there,

Thank you so much for your feedback and for letting us host your visit in our beautiful capital. I will forward your feedback to our staff. August 11 they will turn into Snoopy lovers since he is moving in to the hotel to celebrate his 60th anniversary.

Welcome back!

Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I have some mixed feelings on this hotel. Yes it is a trendy design hotel but it lacks some of the details you would expect at this cost.
It is perfectly located, close to the subway and in the middle of the shopping district. We visited several restaurants and all were within walking distance. If you arrive at Arlanda airport the hotel is just outside from the Arlanda express station. From Bromma airport it is 20min by taxi which you can arrange from the hotel.
Breakfast is perfect plenty of choice and good quality.
The bar and lounge are superb.
The rooms however lack a bit of the design you expect. The special lighting is nice but the room in total is not so design. As mentionned in another review the TV is still the old type which in itself is not a problem. However our television kept shutting down for no reason with a bang. It worked fine and then all of a sudden a bang and it shut down.
More important the bathroom did not appear really clean, there should have been some more attention to the details when cleaning. This was a real negative point.
Concerning the internet, I had a room with free wifi package, for 2 days it worked in the lobby and floors 1,2 and 4 but not on 3 and 5. The other days it was fixed and the day after it did not work again. This was not the fault of the hotel but of the external provider but did cause some frustration.
When I wanted to print my boarding pass in the business center the printer did not work. The receptionist was very helpfull and immediately proposed to mail it to her so she could print it for me which worked fine.
Staff was all in all quite helpfull.
When booking the staff was extremely friendly arranging everything incl pick-up from Bromma airport. They organized a taxi to pick us up and it did not cost anything more than the normal taxi. From Arlanda I would recommend to take the express train.

The icebar in the sister hotel across the square is a really nice spot to pass by. I booked it through the hotel and that went fine.

Due to the location I would say yes for this hotel, but make sure you can book through a deal, the standard price is to high for what you get.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Satu_Andersson, Manager at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2010
Thank you for your detailed respons!

There are always things going on at the hotel and the comments that we receive on our product are taken in consideration when we plan new themes, renovations and new design. Believe it or not, but I like the comments that I receive about our TVs since they help me to get new ones sooner :-)

11th of August Snoopy is coming to the hotel to celebrate his 60th anniversary. That will kick of the new theme with new menues, new design in the lobby/lounge area and Snoopy will get his own room at the hotel.

Hope we get the chance to see you in Stockholm again!

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Waited 10 minutes and gave up and had a drink. On return I was able to check in but no acknowledgement made of the delay.

A reasonable hotel which i have stayed in several times over a period of five years. However it is clear the service is falling away badly

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank wheelskeepturning
christinwikstrom, Hotel Influencer at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2016
Hi,

We would like to thank you for posting your review about our hotel.
You are welcome back at any time.

Regards
Christin
London
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I go to Stockholm frequently for work and this time stayed at the Nordic Light hotel. The room was fine, if no frills really. What lets this hotel down is the complete lack of service.

I had dinner in the hotel one evening. It was all of 9:00 in the evening and it was obvious that the staff was not keen on actually having someone sit in their restaurant and keep them from chatting with each other. But it only got worse a few days later when returning from a trip out to the islands I spent over an hour trying to get in touch with the hotel--no one would pick up the phone. I needed something sorted out for my arrival and could not (nor could 3 other people with me who tried calling incessantly as well) manage to get anyone on the phone. How a hotel can function like this is beyond me.

When we finally got back, it was late and we wanted food sent to the room. Their room service despite saying it was 24 hours wasn't. First you again couldn't get anyone to either pick up the phone at reception or at the roomservice number. This meant trudging back to the lobby to speak to someone. Their selection of late night food consisted of reheated salmon or sausage stew. Not exactly the range of hot and cold foods that they advertise. Finally after sufficient arguing got someone to order us some food from a restaurant and have it delivered. And this was after I had the receptionist tell me off for expecting someone to answer the phone.

Maybe if you want to go for a drink in the bar, it's a cool and trendy place, but how they expect people to put up with such a bad level of service at the prices they charge is baffling.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Satu_Andersson, Manager at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2010
Thank you for your response! It is extremly important to us.

I immediately recognized your description. I was noticed by the reception staff early in the morning that there had been troubles to get through at the phoneline. Unfortunately it turned out that the phone was broken which we of course took care of immediately. Thank you for letting us know!

The reception staff also got instructions not to charge your room for the meals. I really hope you did not pay that bill. Please let me know otherwise. We really want to correct our mistake and deliver the service that our guests can expect from our hotel.

Hotel Manager
Nordic Light Hotel
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We stayed in that hotel for a weekend. Some of the staff at the reception were friendly, the rest just ok. Not a service we would remember. The lounge and the restaurant are stunning, which doesn't match with the rooms. We still got a big old TV and the less you would expect in such a design hotel would be a flat screen in 2010!
The rooms are not minimalistic, they are just "empty" and the lights are fine, but far from what we expected from what is advertised in the homepage. Apart from that the breakfast was very good, but the waiters were always more interested in chatting among them than in taking care of the guests. Again, not a bad service, just indiferent.
I think we are just dissapointed with the room, the rest was ok.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your response!

I totally agree about the TV and therefore we are looking at upgrading our TV system in total. Hope it won´t take to long before we have that in place.

I am glad you liked our lounge area which we are very proud of. I am less happy to read that our staff did not deliver the right level of service. Your feedback has been forward to them and we have together walked over our service levels to remind ourselves. Hope we will get the chance to be your host one day in the future with new TVs and still a stunning lobby area.

There are always things going on at Nordic Light Hotel. August 11 a new installation will take place. Snoopy is coming to town to celebrate his 60th anniversary at Nordic Light Hotel.

Hotel Manager
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 2 July 2010

pros: good breakfast, great selection. rooms are clean and nice. decorated with expensive glasses (italla). bathrooms are clean, there is a towel warmer. towels and sheets for of superb quality. location was GREAT. right next to railway station and the center. there is an icebar but it's expensive.

cons: sauna was bad. it never got warm. also it is not inside this hotel you need to go to nordic light across the street which actually has awesome lobby. we stayed there some time. the corridors were bad, the key things did not work properly.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Satu_Andersson, Manager at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2010
Thank you for your feedback and how nice to hear from Finland!

When reading your review I got the feeling of that you actually stayed at Nordic Sea Hotel which is our sister hotel located across the street.

Many of our guests take the opportunity to get out the best of the both hotels.

There are always things going on at Nordic Light Hotel. August 11 a new installation will take place. Snoopy is coming to town to celebrate his 60th anniversary.

Welcome back!