Best Western Hotel Karlaplan
US$334
  • Restaurant
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$316
Lydmar Hotel(Stockholm)
US$480
US$456
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswestern hotelsupscale neighborhoodheated floor in the bathroomcentral courtyardstorage spaceking sizeminute walkwalking distanceour room was spaciousquiet hotelclose to the city centertourist attractionswi fimeatballsvasa museumpublic transportyogurt
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The hotel is located in a fantasic area. Walking distance to Vasamuseet, Skansen, Gröna Lund, and many other museums. No restaurant onsite but plenty of options a few minutes away. Our room was basic but in good condition. Overall I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is planning to do sightseeing around Djurgården and is looking for a good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Helsinki123123
Reviewed 29 July 2012

During the week when I needed to be in Stockholm, there were three major hi-tech conferences, and the whole city was booked up, so I considered myself lucky to find a room here. Needless to say, all hotel room prices were inflated. I had some reservations about the location of this hotel, but then, before I had seen it, my Swedish colleagues told me that Karlaplan is actually an upscale residential area.

It was a pretty and rather quiet neighborhood, and more central than I had expected. It is within 5 minutes waling distance of a metro stop. One can also walk from here to Djurgården, the island where the Vasa Museum, Nordic Museum, and Skansen are located.

The hotel had a very varied breakfast offering, it was lovely, though the room where it was served would get too busy at times. The rooms were actually large, but somewhat plain. It was a very clean establishment. Front desk staff were very helpful, and readily arranged for the right taxi to come, as in Stockholm there are a few varieties of taxis, and some charge much higher rates than others. In the end, I was very pleased with this hotel selection.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank JasmineMarti
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed at the Karlaplan Best Western on Business for 4 nights (Mon-Thurs).
Positives were: Friendly knowledgeable staff and good location .
Negatives were: No aircon and the breakfast was not very good. (Aircon was required on one night as it was very warm with the windows closed. Unfortunately, opening the windows did not help as it was very noisy between 11pm and 1am on my first night). Other evenings were ok with no noise.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank derricksasu
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My stay in this hotel was fine, staff was very kind and always up for any help, single room was quite good, however bed was small but very confortable, pillows were amaizing, I enjoy the stay here. Breakfast was 4/5 not the GRAND BUFFET but enough things to have a great breakfast, fruit, eggs, juice, milk, coffee, charcuterie, cheeses, cereals, etc, good assortment. the location is 2 stations from Central station so quite handy considering that Stockholm is a expensive city hotel prize was quite good for night, I would recommend to stay here and obviously get the Stockholm tourist card beause is a great option to enjoy the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank alseanvittor
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We were fortunate to get a large by Swedish standards room for our four night visit. There was the main sleeping room, a dressing room off to one side with a writing desk,and a bathroom off of the dressing room. The complimentary buffet was large and fresh each morning with an American style breakfast of eggs, and bacon and the traditional Swedish breakfast of pickled herring, cheeses, chopped veg, hard boiled eggs, and more. There was fresh yogurt and granola and an assortment of breads and pastries. There was certainly something for everyone. There were assorted teas and coffees. I asked for a water kettle for my room one evening and one was provided for me. Staff were friendly and helpful. Everything was clean and neat. The rooms were very quiet.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple