“average, in need for renovation”
Review of Hotel Hansson

Hotel Hansson
Ranked #125 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel 5 nights; rooms are small (I've seen 2 rooms, one of them was supposed to be the "exclusive" one), poorly furnished (there was no wardrobe in my room!, aircon in my room wasn't working, only fan; it feels like this hotel needs some serious refurbishment work; breakfast is ok, nothing fancy;
would i recommend it? well, there are better ones in this price range.
be aware when purchasing internet from the reception or their website, they are reselling public cloud access (which is cheaper if you buy directly, just connect to cloud network and open up web browser to follow instructions, easy.)

Room Tip: ask for top floor rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marek K

Reviewed 2 September 2013

An old renovated boutique hotel 25 minutes walk from the centre of Stockholm. We had a family room which was very large, when compared to the average Stockholm hotel room. The rooms are old but the furnishings were nice and the room was clean. The bathroom was small but modern. My complaint with the room was that it was stuffy and had no air conditioning. The windows had not been renovated and were the old style wooden ones that did not want to stay open to allow air into the room and when they did remain open it was rather noisy with drunks from the local bars and nightclubs. On the up side... lots of restaurants nearby including one of the best Thai restaurants in Stockholm, Blue Chili. Hard Rock is one block over. Lots of sports bars and many smaller ones along the main street as you walk into the centre. Staff were friendly and quick to help. Breakfast was the usual fare for any Swedish hotel no imagination there... We didn't have the Sunday Brunch but if you decide to have it, your room check out is extended to 14:00 instead of 12:00 to accommodate the brunch. I liked the hotel and its quirkiness, a great spot, friendly staff and reasonably priced. Just in dire need of air con or better windows and a mini fridge in the room would not go astray....

Room Tip: If you are a late sleeper or a light sleeper do not take 406 or 408, I will presume this is the same...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for two nights. The hotel rightfully calls itself a boutique hotel with its old styled decor and furniture. Rooms are quite big but the toilet in our room was very small, but with all the amenities. The staff members are always smiling and very helpful. Overall a pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This charming little hotel is close to the old centre of Stockholm and you can both walk and take public transport right down to the main square. The price was excellent and the quality surprised me. This was a short family trip and everything about the hotel made it perfect for a short city getaway. Our room was great, quite big, which is unusual for Stockholm! Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at the Hansson for four nights and had a fabulous time. The hotel was in a good central location and I felt safe walking to and from the hotel at night and early morning. Our room was great - large, beautifully decorated, quiet and comfortable and the choice of food at breakfast was healthy and delicious. But for the best thing about the hotel was the staff, especially the reception staff - Henry and Caroline were so friendly and welcoming and really helped me to plan our visit. They looked after us perfectly - and helped us recover from attending a busy conference! I'd love to return to Stockholm and to this hotel.
Sarah 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah5755
Reviewed 4 June 2013

First off its difficult to to actually find the center of Stockholm if you haven't been there before. I thought this hotel was going to be a bit away from everything but in fact it is perfect for a city break or longer stay as its so central. I was on a 3-day business trip and used to staying in some pretty anonymous places but this hotel is a hidden gem. Henry and the staff welcomed us warmly and made sure we were well looked after during our stay. The rooms were clean and reasonably well appointed. No tea/coffee making facilities but that was not a draw-back. An iron was available from reception on request. there were some lounge seats outside which we used at the end of a few busy days and could sit and watch the neighborhood in action. Just a few hundred meters away you will have your pick of restaurants. The area is safe and i could even leave my 1st floor window open at night without much noise. Myself and my colleague gave it the litmus test of any traveler on the ride to the airport...would you stay there again? We both agreed on a resounding ....'Yes'.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and I like the location with lots of restaurants in the surrounding neighborhood. The rooms feel more like an apartment and has a simple but alright size layout. Breakfast is served from 06:30 with a good selection. The only thing I can think of that I dislike is the Internet connection. You need a new code for each day and if you forget it on your way in it's a bit of hassle going down to the reception area again to redeem a new one. Maybe this could be added to the room on a daily basis with the cleaning service?

Room Tip: Rooms facing Surbrunnsgatan could be a bit noisy so ask for one facing the other side if you are a l...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business