“Not so great”
Review of Hotel Hansson

Hotel Hansson
Ranked #122 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The service and breakfast was good but the family room is not to great. It's in the roof of the hotel with the result it's very hot and there is no air con. The room was spacious but the window coverings is not effective in Sweden with about 20 hours daylight in the summer. The beds however was the best I have ever experienced. I think it would be great in winter but during the summer keep the heat in mind.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Henry F, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Hansson, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Guest,

-Thank you for pointing out that our staff, beds and breakfast are great.
-Only 2 of our 10 family rooms are located on the top floor.
-Sweden in the summer is rather hot, especially at the top of the building, day time.
-There are windows that open, equipped with 2 sets of curtains, as well as fans in each room on the top floor for hot days.
-Light is very strong in the early mornings of the summer months.
-Thank you for pointing out that they felt insufficient so we have a chance to improve.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Hansson

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I've been for 2 days business trip, outside the hotel is fine and very well located however the room was very bad, just a old bed with no mattress, every thing was very old with no confort.
medium breakfast

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fede_Martu
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The room was nice and quiet, breakfast was tolerable, but not more.

But my sleep was totally destroyed. In the middle of the night, twice, all the nights in the room turned on. The hotel staff were not able to fix it, so I had to sleep with something covering my eyes... The next day they gave me another room but no compensation at all.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Henry F, Informationsansvarig at Hotel Hansson, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Sorry about the lights. We have managed to correct the fault much thanks to your great reveiw. A good night's sleep is otherwize our main game.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I work for an organization with its main office in Stockholm and I travel to the city at least twice a year. When I first started statying here it was very convenient to our old office lcoation. Now the office has moved to another part of town and I use the metro, very convenient to the hotel, to get back and forth. I could stay closer but I prefer to stay at the Hotel Hansson. Why? The staff is excellent, they greet me by name when I arrive. The lobby is warm and relaxing, filled with musicof the excellent Spotify playlists put together by the staff on duty. The breakfast is diverse and delicious. The rooms are clean and cozy and have an a homey, non-hotel feel. I have several favorite restaurants within walking distance. As an itinerate traveller I prefer to find my favorite, home away from home, hotel rather that stay in yet anohter non-descript property that could be anywhere. In Stockholm it is the Hotel Hannson,

Room Tip: Some roiom are smaller that others, so ask to get the largest available room in your reservation cla...
Reviewed 24 January 2014

A comfortable small hotel. Its costly but then so is everything in Stockholm. Very limited options for food but there are plenty of good restaurants close by.

Rooms a bit of a lottery, some are very large and some are tiny. I have had both.

last time of staying room was extremely hot and I couldnt turn down the heating so slept with the window open (it was -8C outside) which helped. Fortunately the area was very quiet so I got a good nights sleep.

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Made a trip to Stockholm at short Notice and wanted to stay Near the city centre without paying the Earth. At 2 stops from the central station Hotel Hansson is the answer !! Clean, Tidy, Modern. The Staff were very friendly I had a fabulous time Next time I go to Stockholm there is only one place I will stay I booked direct with the Hotel found the whole thing Brilliant.

1  Thank PeteLambden
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Hotel well located in City. Close to Bus and T-Bahnen.
Great old rooms, with nice furniture, good beds.
Staff very helpful. Nice neighbourhood. For the location very quiet.
Breakfest extendable but was ok.

Room Tip: 20 min to Abba the Museum by Bus
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family