“Couldn't fault it.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Couldn't fault it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

Stayed five nights earlier this month and I couldn't fault it. My husband was here on business and I was lucky enough to come too.
Our room was overlooking the courtyard, so no view, but I would certainly not call it a second class room. It was very comfortable with a lovely comfortable Kingsize bed, two comfy chairs, good lighting, plenty of wardrobe space and a supply of coffee and tea etc which was well stocked and replenished. The shower room was compact, but very well lit with a walk in shower and plenty of shelf space and towel rails. Towels and bedlinen were good quality and all was scrupulously clean - what more would I need?
The advantage of a room facing the courtyard is that there is no noise at all, so you get a very good night's sleep. The curtains were also very good at blocking out the light.
I tend to judge a hotel on how friendly and helpful their staff are, and I was very impressed by everyone I met here. They seemed genuinely very obliging. Yes, there always seemed to be queues at the desk, but we were always very well treated when it got to our turn. A very helpful lady concierge helped us find a suitable restaurant on one evening.
Breakfast was expensive, but they seem to often offer a discount at reception which makes it much more affordable. I really enjoyed the breakfast and it did set us up for the day. Again it was often very busy, but staff were always very pleasant and helpful.
Location was absolutely fantastic, with Gamla Stan just over the bridge and the station and T Bana just round the corner. Another plus point was the free Internet access in the lobby and plenty of seats in the lounge area, with no pressure to order coffee or drinks.
I would love the opportunity to stay in the Sheraton Stockholm again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Dear Foss,

Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel – it truly makes me happy to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and would like to return. Our quiet courtyard rooms allow you to sleep very well right in the middle of the city and our beds are well-known for their comfort.

It makes me proud to know that you were so well taken care of by our staff – I believe we have one of the best hotel teams in Stockholm. My apologies for the queues at front desk; we are always striving to minimize the waiting times, but at busy times there can be some queuing.

Welcome back!
Paul Peters, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I stayed here three nights at the end of May 2011. I read everyone saying it was so close to the train station but I was concerned that it was walkable with a suitcase when I was very tired and not yet oriented to Stockholm so I did Google maps and Google earth to see what to expect. I did not need to worry - though it was helpful to know I was going the right way. It was a straight shot to the hotel and no problem at all to walk it with my luggage.
My room was comfortable and very functional. I had a nice view of the water and the Stadshuset which I never got tired of looking at. The windows opened.
The first morning I looked out my window and saw the Stockholm marathon going by. I continued to see them the rest of the day as I walked around Gamla Stan, etc.
I made great use of the club lounge. The concierge who was there at peak times went out of her way to help me when I was having trouble finding a boat trip to the archipelago. She accompanied me down to the lobby where she was better able to help me find what I needed. She did the same when an issue arose with my checkout. I also had breakfast there two mornings and in the restaurant on the third morning. I had a drink and snacks in the lounge in the evening. There were also a couple computers to use there. The lounge was relatively small and got pretty crowded at times.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

The staff was very friendly, but quite busy. The first room was small and faced a busy street (the cars almost at the eye level). The second room better, facing the tranquil inner yard (which had a scuplture, and wich would need some kind of upgrade, now it somhow looked like a prison camp...).

The bathroom was adequate, the bed comfortable, the quite busy breakfast ok.

There was nothing wrong with the hotel, but it did not feel luxurious at all.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Flying Finn,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel in May, 2011. It is indeed so that the street outside our hotel is busy during daytime, but you can hardly hear it through the windows. Just like you mention, the courtyard rooms are very quiet. Our building is listed as a landmark from the early 1970’s and we cannot make any major changes to the courtyard – although we would very much like to.

We are striving to give every guest a “wow” feeling when staying here. If you are planning to return, I hope we will succeed in making your stay even more memorable than the last one.

Paul Peters, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

There is no doubt the location of this hotel is outstanding. Very easy to get to by car and a carpark which you access from the hotel lobby. Proximity to the old part of town is outstanding as is the ease of access to most main tourist monuments. We had a room on the top floor with a balcony and a view which was also excellent.

However, it is important to note that at the very busy time of highseason (we were there for midsummer) the feeling was that lots of permanent staff were on holiday and temporary staff was there instead which is rather surprising as it severely affects the service standard. I could of course be wrong about the vacationing staff but for example queues of 10 people waiting to check in was a daily occurrence and a couple of times there were two of those lines. This inevitably lead to that if you wanted any kind of information for sightseeing or the like you had to wait, a long long time.
Also, if you wanted information on restaurants etc which weren't perhaps on their standard list or about going out to the islands but away from the standard route then I got the reply, more than once, oh I don't live here so I don't really know but here is an informationbooklet. Certainly not what I expect from this level of hotel!

Roomservice was also slow and not very good, again surprising for this type of hotel, and the service in the bar was autrocious! We had to wait first for 30 minutes to place an order, then 30 minutes more for the drinks (there were only 3 of us) and then 30 minutes to get the bill. This was not the fault of the personnel, it was the simple fact that in a packed bar there was only one person working behind the bar.

If this place wasn't so incredibly understaffed I would say that it was great, but because service was so severly lacking I can only give it and "average" vote.

Room Tip: balcony with a view
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear “glutenfreeswede”,

I am grateful that you took the time to comment on your stay at our hotel, and I can assure you that we take your comment seriously. Just like you are writing, you stayed here during a very busy period and some of our staff had just started for the summer. However – you should still have received better service, without having to wait so long! My sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused.

I hope you will consider returning and experience a fully staffed hotel. Welcome back!

Paul Peters,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed 5 nights and enjoyed our experience in the hotel. The Sheraton is conveniently located near the central train station as well as the visitor center (very helpful). We were able to walk to the majority of areas we visited (Gamla Stan, Kungsholmen). The room had 2 queen sized beds (different than other Scandinavian hotels we had stayed at where generally two twin beds were put together with separate comforters) and was quite comfortable. The clean room had hard-wood floors and the bathroom had lots of counter space (even a shelf below for extra storage of toiletries). The concierge service was helpful. Several lobby computers to access the internet. Only annoyance was that the free room wi-fi was only for 30 minutes a day (and one day did not allow access). Very nice fitness center too but unfortunately for our kids there was no pool (but we swam at a nearby beach).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Colchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed at the amazing Sheraton Stockholm Hotel for 3 nights sept 6th til sept 9th.The hotel room felt so homley and we loved all the little extras. The double sleeper bed was like sleeping on a huge cloud each night and we just didn't want to get out of it. We stayed on the club 7th floor and loved the fantastic range of complimentary breakfast hot and cold every morning of scrambled egg bacon hash browns toast selection of cereals, ryvita, Plenty of juices apple orange the list goes on. Free coffees teas and soft fizzy drinks ,Along with the very tasty canapes and huge selection of alcahol in the evenings at the cocktail bar for 2hrs. Also access to free wifi and computer usage. Also the room was used to sit and chat and play cards or chill out and watch tv. We will certainly be recommending the club floor and your hotel to everyone we know. We had such a relaxing and very enjoyable stay and didnt want to leave. Thouroughly spoilt.
Concierge treated us like royalty from the moment we arrived and gave us our room cards through to coming up to see us each evening to check all was well, helping us find our feet with maps and sightseeing tours to the moment we checked out and handed our cards back. They really did make our stay worth while.
We see the whole of stockholm as everything is in walking distance of the hotel. It's amazing how many islands there in stockholm we were shocked. we took so many photo's of the hotel from the road and from the sightseeing boat on the river that goes straight down past The Sheraton Hotel.
The bedroom we had was all freshly decorated with such lovely glass lamps, wooden floors and plenty of cupboard space. Even an ipod dock my partner was thrilled about.
We will certainly be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed 3 wondweful days at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. excellent location next to the old city. delicius food breakfast and dinner. nice room and good service.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple