“Popular well located hotel”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #22 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Popular well located hotel”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I travel to Stockholm a few times a year & always try to get a room at the Sheraton. It underwent a major renovations a few years back & still looks great. The beds are comfortable, service very friendly and the location is great - 5 mins walk from the station (airport / Arlanda Express). The breakfast buffet is always really popular with tons of variety of good, fresh food. The gym is small but never feels too crowded, is always spotless and has some decent equipment.

Although I always travel there on business I did take my husband and baby son a couple of years back. The hotel was great providing us a crib and a toy for the baby and there was no fuss at all getting him settled and fed in the restaurant.

I'll be back again in 2 weeks and am already looking forward to it!

Room Tip: rooms on the front of the hotel have a fantastic view of the water and across to the old town
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank taliej757
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear TalieJ,

I am glad to hear that you had a good time here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel during your recent stay and it pleases me that we are your first choice when it comes to hotels in Stockholm.
Great to read your comments on our well maintained facilities and location.
Also, I am happy to hear that you once again experienced and enjoyed Sheraton´s warmth and hospitality. I certainly hope you will bring your family back with you some time again, maybe already on your next business trip in two weeks? All three of you are warm welcome to stay with us anytime!

Once again, thank you for your time – should you have any further feedback – just let me know.

Paul Peters, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We had a lovely time staying at the Stockholm Sheraton for four nights. The hotel is very handy for the Central Station (we got the Flygbussarna from Arlanda airport which took about 35mins and was reliable and inexpensive). We booked a flight and hotel deal through Expedia and seemed to get a really good deal compared to website prices.

Pros:
- Huge room and very comfy beds
- Brilliant power shower
- Complimentary tea, coffee, small bottle of water
- Lovely view from Superior Room
- Very friendly staff
- Free internet cafe
- Nice bar area

Cons
- Smelly drains which made the room smell
- Very expensive to add on breakfast, and not a huge variety of cooked items
- Very expensive room service

All in all we were happy with our stay but wouldn't have wanted to pay any more than we did.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LondonLovelyLady
Dear LondonLovelyLady,

It is just great to hear that you chose the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel for your recent visit to Stockholm!

From your feedback I can see that you had a lovely stay and I appreciate your sincere review where you have listed your Pros and Cons in a very good and efficient way. Very easy to take part of and I have forwarded all of these to my colleagues. We are discussing the content within the team - this is the only way we can improve and become even better; so a huge thank you to you.

We hope to see you in the future again and please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton during a business trip and I was positively surprised of the good service. The staff was very helpful, friendly and effective. Truly service minded! The room was ok and might need a visual upgrade, however everything was clean and nice. The gym is quite small and hidden away in a corner location without any windows and not suitable for a five star luxury hotel although everything was nice and in working order.

The breakfast was huge and very good. A was staying at the hotel over a weekend and the breakfast restaurant was quite crowded with a lot of people not staying at the hotel, so even though the service was ok I am sure that it will be great during weekdays. I also had dinner in one of the restaurants and the food was really good.

The location is great close to the Central Station, the City Hall, the Royal Castle, the Government House and Old Town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank suntrip62
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear suntrip62,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your business trip to Stockholm in July last year, and for your feedback here on tripadvisor.

I am glad to read that you found our staff service minded and effective, and that you really enjoyed your visit. It is important that our guests feel comfortable and at home at all times.
Also, thank you for commenting on the gym facilities and the restaurant. It is always great to hear what our guests have to say - we take all comments seriously and take action where needed.

Maybe you have been back to us already since last summer? If not, we hope we will have a chance to you see you here again. No matter the occasion, leisure or business, you are always warm welcome back to us.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

The Sheraton, Stockholm far exceeded my expectations. From the moment you step off the Arlanda express train from the airport and realise the hotel is 5 minutes walk away to the moment the friendly bellhop grabs your bags and ushers you to the check in desk it is obvious that this is one of Stockholms other hidden treasures!
The hotel is 5 minutes walk away from Gamla Stan (old town) and as I mentioned 5 minutes from central station which links you in easily to Stockholm's excellent rail system.
I highly recommend the hotel breakfast-great selection of yummy foods from the region.
Enjoy!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank orcajellyfish
Dear orcajellyfish,

Thank you for your excellent feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you felt very good taken care of upon your visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel - from the first moment when you entered the doors until it was time leave.

I have during my three and a half years as General Manager at the hotel been made aware of what a fantastic city Stockholm is and the possibilities it offers. The archipelago basically starts right by our door step, the scenery of both the city and the lake of Mälaren is stunning. I have grown very fond of it all and I am glad you had the chance to explore Stockholm, and our hotel.

Next time you are coming our way, just send me a note in advance and I will make sure you are well taken care of again!

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
New York
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I couldn't ask for a better location on my buisness trips to stockholm. The rooms are decent and even better once/if you receive an upgrade.
However, my biggest compliment to the hotel are the friendliness of the staff working there.
I stayed for four days in mid april and the staff really took good care of me. Nothing was never too much trouble. I would like to name the bar manager Jacob who seemed to be everywhere, delivering my roomservice order on one night aswell as making some wonderful cocktails with great conversations on another night.
In my many years of travelling- some hotel staff seems tired of talking to people and not really caring. In this hotel its the opposite! From the reception staff to the restaurant and bar.

I will most definitely recommended this hotel if you are prepared to pay the swedish prices!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank KFreidenbaum
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear KFreidenbaum,

My team and I here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel are proud to take part of your comments here on Trip Advisor.

It is important to us that our guests feel comfortable and are enjoying themselves both at our hotel and in Stockholm, so it is great to hear that you feel well taken care of.
We take great pride in having the best staff in the city. Jacob is one of our fantastic team members and I have forwarded your nice words to him. As you mention, he seems to be everywhere and makes wonderful cocktails!

Thank you for recommending us - until we see you back we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I often travel to Stockholm and stay one night. Normally I don't choose Sheraton as I earlier experienced a hotel that really needed a shine-up.
Now it looks like everything is nice and freesh.
Sheraton has has an outstanding breakfast buffet.
My room was spacious and with a very good queen size bed and 32" flst screen TV. Room clean and cozy. Pleasant and good room service. I only have one complain and that is the time it takes to checkin/checkout. There need to be more staff at peak hours. Staff was very nice and understood my needs. I will take Sheraton next time!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Larswahlin
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Larswahlin,

I am glad to hear that you have chosen to come back and try us out again. Also, thank you very much for taking to time to put your review from your last stay here on TripAdvisor. We always work hard on improvements and it is great to hear that you find us to be nice, fresh, clean, cozy.

The comment you have made on the check in/check out time is noted and we are looking in to how to improve also this.
Should you have any further thoughts you would like to bring forward to us, please do not hesitate to let me and my team know. We all work close together and always encourage our guests to speak their mind - this is the only way we can become even better.
Hope to see you soon again.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,

Paul Peters
hong kong
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Sheraton Stockholm is excellent. Their associates are professional to let the guests have a memorable stay in the hotel. During my stay, I enjoyed the considerate service from the restaurants and front office. They were not only professional in customer services, but also willing to satisfy the guests' needs.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wilson w
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear wilson w,

How can I thank you? Your review is absolutely great and I take it to my heart!
Thank you for your warming words: excellent, professional, memorable stay and willing to take extra care of our guests. Just through these few words you point out exactly what staying at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel should be all about, and I am so glad you had a chance to experience it all.

I wish you all the best and would be more than happy to host you again.

Warm regards from all of us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel,