“Great location, excellent service, perfect location...”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #21 of 157 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, IL
“Great location, excellent service, perfect location...”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This hotel is exactly what you would expect from the global Starwood/Sheraton brand. The location is excellent, the service is top-notch, and the property is clean and comfortable. The hotel is just minutes from the main train station, old town (Gamla Stan), and a 3-minute walk to the subway to explore all Stockholm has to offer. Downstairs bar is well-stocked and the service is great. Dmitry took good care of us each night for happy hour. Good breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank bherand
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear bherand,

Thank you very much for your great words. It makes we very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.
We take great pride in offering our guests the best possible service and I am glad you mention our location and service in your review, especially Dimitris who is one of our valued team members.

Great, excellent and perfect are words I never get tired of hearing! We look forward to seeing you in a not too distant future and if there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Paul Peters, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have stayed at this property several times when visiting Stockholm. It's well located, clean and modern, with lovely Scandanavian wood floors (like you find at Arlanda Airport, too). The AAA rate was actually pretty good - around 1,800 SEK which is inexpensive by Stockholm standards.

The downside was that the rooms were hot. Granted Stockholm was having a scortcher of a weekend, with temperatures of 25-26 degrees, but that's what air conditioning was invented for. The A/C filter in the room was completely plugged, with what looked like a small quilt on it. After cleaning, the air flow improved greatly, to the point where the unit could almost get down to not-quite-sweltering. The next day, it died altogether. Second room fared no better. Again the filter needed cleaning, and evan after, the unit would not deliver enough cool air. You would think that maintenance could just open up the cold water (it's a chilled water system) and get more cooling, but apparently they haven't done that.

I'd hate to think that I have to double book rooms in Stockholm and then cancel one depending on the weather forecast, but that seems to be where it is heading. I like the hotel very much, but not when it's hot in the room.

Room Tip: The rooms facing Gamla Stan have sun all day long. That would be good in winter (and probably sprin...
1 Thank luv2travl003
Dear luv2travl003,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us over and over again. It is always very valuable to us to receive comments and suggestions from our regular guest.

It is not nice to read that you had issues with the cooling system in the rooms where you have been staying. I know we had very warm days some weeks ago and our system should be able to cope with it.
When you come back next time, please let me know and I will make sure that you are much more comfortable in the future. Also, if there is anything else you would like to share with me - please do not hesitate to do so. As I said - great suggestions are always welcome from our most loyal guests.

Houthalen, Belgium
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Great location, close to the central station (400 meters) so you can easily use public transportation, like the Arlanda express.
The staff is genuine friendly, at check in, check out, restaurant...
The Club lounge floor is providing that little extra, with lounge access, where you can have breakast, check out, Happy hour.
Rooms are good size and very comfortable. The beds are excellent.

The only negative is the insulation of the windows, which could leave some of the rooms noisy. If you're sensitive to noise (as I am), ask for an inner courtroom, where it is very quiet.

Especially the hospatality of the 360° restaurant is great, great food and also great service, especially from Robert, who used to run their Bavarian restaurant in the past

Room Tip: For me inner cortyard and not the rooms ending with 50 (service elevator is next door)
1 Thank Eddy B
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Eddy B,

How nice to see your comments here on Tripadvisor! I would personally like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your warming words. It is a great pleasure having you with us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.

You are always warm welcome back and we will make sure we always do the little extra for you.
I have shared your feedback with everyone, especially Robert and he is as happy as he always is. I would like to point out that it is thanks to our wonderful guests that we have such a great team.

Paris, France
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I reserved this hotel based on the picture on the hotel website and I found it was really nice as I expected. Recommend to book club lounge floor; worth your money with lounge access with Nespresso coffee, snacks and sodas. Very good location with the tourist information center and train station nearby. I took the train from the airport and walk less than five minutes to the hotel. You can walk around and go to the old town from the hotel. I changed to stay in the suite in the third night. Nice room with very nice view. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Club lounge floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MerciGirl
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear KatieOnTour,

Thank you very much for your nice review. I truly enjoy reading about your September visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. It makes me glad that you decided to rate your stay here on tripadvisor and I am proud to hear that you are happy with our services.

The Club floor rooms are indeed very nice and with an extra touch, which includes full access to our Club lounge: for breakfast, relaxing with a cup of Nespresso coffee and Swedish homemade cookies, and in the evening enjoy a glass of wine (or two).

I hope you will not wait too long until you come back to us!

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed 2 nights in the classic room. The room was spacious but had no view. If you want a view, you need to go for the superior with a view. I liked the wooden floors in the room. This is certainly a plus for people with allergies. The bed was comfy although I like my mattress and pillows a bit firmer. Nice shower with good pressure. It is a great idea to have a hair dryer in both the room and the bathroom, especially when you are not traveling alone.
Breakfast was excellent and had everything and anything. We were in the hotel for a meeting and we also had the pleasure of having the lunch at the hotel restaurant. The lunch buffet consisted of warm and cold dishes and is also very suitable for vegetarians. The dessert buffet had too many goodies to choose from. The coffee breaks during the meeting were the best we've ever had. Not the usual cookies and cakes, but healthy refreshing smoothies, little wraps, fruit salads, hummus, asian salad and so on. Many thanks to Annika and her colleague Shian for the excellent support during the meeting: nothing was too much and everything we asked was done immediately and with a smile. I also experienced very good support from Josefin when booking the conference. I highly recommend the Sheraton Stockholm for your meeting!
The hotel is located only a few steps from the Old Town and from the shopping street Drottninggatan. I very much enjoyed my long morning walks along the water and in the old town.
Also highly recommended is Stockholm Taxi for the transfers between the ARN airport and the hotel. They charge a fixed fee of SEK 520.
We had a most delicious and enjoyable evening at F12 GRILL restaurant. The restaurant is located about 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel.
Location and the excellent service will bring me back to Sheraton Stockholm.

3 Thank SP MD 2
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear SP MD 2,

Many, many thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Your fantastic review speaks for itself and makes all of us happy.

We are constantly working on our food concepts and we can clearly see that the healthy food alternatives are more and more appreciated. Dining in our restaurant 360 is part of the experience - happy to hear you appreciate our efforts.
Our aim is to make all and everyone to feel warmly welcomed at all times and judging from your input I can see that you enjoyed yourself on your conference trip to Stockholm. Hope you had time to experience the city itself as well.

I have forwarded your comments to my team and especially Annika, Sian and Josefin are happy to take part of your nice words.

Should you plan to return, or if any of your colleagues will follow your advice to check us out for conferences, please feel free to contact me directly so I can make sure we once again offer a flawless experience.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Good hotel in the centre of Stockholm. Clean, comfortable and quiet, Close to train station. Lots of taxis avaialble if required.

2 Thank Spitfire24
Dear Spitfire24,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel.

We always carefully go through and pick up comments that are posted on trip advisor, so great that you took the time to do so. Should you have plans to return to us one day - just let us know. Summer is just around the corner and that is when Stockholm is at its´ most beauty.

Warm welcome back!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

Trip advisor

Sheraton Stockholm - Some good, a lot NOT

Stayed in a club room for four nights on a business trip.  First the positives: great location close to old town and the train station; great breakfast in the downstairs restaurant  - one of the best omelets ever, good selection, good quality; and the exercise facilities are good - up to date equipment, including weight and cardio machines.  Now the not so positive: concierge in club doesn't work in the evening - had to use front desk to make dinner reservations.  They told me they would make a reservation for me at a restaurant and leave me a message - no message and no reservation, after giving them a very generous tip.  Next night, told where to go to catch a ferry to a restaurant on one of the islands - directions were wrong and had to take a later ferry.  For $430 per night, the rooms are adequate, but nothing more - furniture needs to be updated, floor scratched up, small tile (no marble or granite) bathroom - shower only.  Finally, the club lounge was way too small, always packed with people, no where to sit and generally uncomfortable.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank dt95
Dear dt95,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and letting us know the details around your stay with us. Great to hear of all the positive angels but of course a bit distressing and disappointing that we did not manage to go all the way in making your stay with us a perfect one.

We are right now preparing for the summer and the hours of our concierge services will be considerably extended. The restaurant booking experience seem very strange and it is unacceptable that we do not keep our promises. I assure you that I am following it up with the front office team so we can train everybody in the correct way. It is crucial to all of us and all of our guests that we hand out correct information at all times. (I think I know which restaurant you are referring to and if it is the one I am thinking of: it was one of my first restaurant experiences here in Stockholm when I took over the hotel in 2008).

The club lounge concept is very popular and I admit that the Club Lounge can at times be very full. We are currently looking at whether it is possible to increase the area when we are fully booked and also, we are looking to update the rooms at all times.

Until we see you again; my colleagues and I wish you all the best.