“Great hotel, great location”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #26 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We have visited Stockholm on a number occasions over the last 7 years. The first time we went, we stayed in the Sheraton and have returned there each time. The latest visit was for 3 days in January. The rooms are very spacious compared to hotels of equivalent prices in other European cities. There is a good gym. The location is great for both shopping and sightseeing. The breakfast is perhaps the best I have come across in a hotel. Only slight problem is that the restaurant can get busy at times so you may have to queue to get a table. Will stay here again on my next visit to Stockholm.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view are nice but have stayed in an inside room too and it was fine
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Annebbb,

I am absolutely thrilled to take part of your review, and glad to hear you have the best of times on your numerous visits to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.

Our goal is to always offer best possible service and you are correct in mentioning that our restaurant can at certain morning hours become very busy. We are constantly looking at how we can improve our processes, and one of the keys is to connect to our guest as much as possible. We love feedback!

We look forward to seeing you many more times and already look forward to your next visit!

igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,671)

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I travelled to Stockholm to see a friend from the UK who is currently studying. There was no room at the inn so I made a reservation for 2 nights at Sheraton Stockholm. As soon as I walked through the door I was hit with the best customer service.

I slept soooooo well considering it is a city centre hotel.

Breakfast was truly amazing!

My only complaint is that .......... I choose to stay 2 nights instead of 3!

Thank you to all the team for helping make my weekend special.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Dear kieren83,

A huge thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent weekend stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. It is so thoughtful of you and I love reading your review over and over again. Happy guests and friendly smiles are what keeps us going.

I have shared your comments with everyone (we have a special Tripadvisor board and your note is already posted there for everyone to take part of!)

My team and I hope you will have the possibility to return soon. I am sure your friend will be more than happy to see you again.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

As a Swedish expat I used to come to the Sheraton becn ause it was the only hotel with an international standard in Stockholm. That is no longer the case. When checking in the girl at the reception offered me some extra SPG points if I agreed for my sheets not to be changed for two nights. She confirmed that they would naturally still clean the room. When coming back in the evening the room had neither been cleaned, nor had the bed been made. Calling reception it became clear the check-in girl had been mistaken, the deal was apparently that you get extra points if you agree to your room not being cleaned at all! Quite an extraordinary idea for a five-star hotel. I was promised some kind of compensation for this upon check-out, but obviously at the check-out they knew nothing about that.

Next to this came a bed that was far beyond its best days, sheets that were to short to cover it in full, a window that had not been cleaned in years and such a smell of old humidity that I was very close to request a change of rooms. It is also quite extraordinary that in a city that has mobile free networks almost everywhere, the hotel charges you 100 SEK per day for mobile access from your room.

The Sheraton has nice rooms too, but if you go here, make sure to book a superior category, ask for a room facing Tegelbacken (the front) and don't agree to any extra points for keeping your sheets...

Room Tip: Go for a superior category and request a room towards the front.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Guldkusten

Dear Guldkusten,

Your feedback here on Tripadvisor makes me and my team very unhappy. It is such a pity you did not have an altogether comfortable stay with us, and I apologize for the inconveniences met.

We have looked in to the reasons for your disappointment and why you were not properly informed of our Green Choice program. We are addressing it right now with our guest service agents. Making our planet a better and cleaner place is one of Starwood hotels and resorts missions. In order to help out in any way we can, we have implemented certain standards and one of them is the Green Choice program.

We are also following up your comments on the bed and the standard of the room itself, so thank you for your honesty! Should you decide to come back to us after all, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I will make sure you are much better taken care of next time.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I was a little nervous about staying at Sheraton, as a lot of their properties are tired and in need of updateing. This property was very clean and nice all the way around. Good size for a European room and nice and new looking bathroom. You can't beat the ease of walking to/from Central Station. Great hotel, great staff, great location. We will stay here again if we return to Stockholm.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Dear J N,

Thank you – it is just fantastic to hear that we did not only live up to your expectations, but also exceeded them.
It is great to read: great hotel, great staff and great location. I could not agree more and your comments have been shared within all departments.

No matter the occasion, leisure or business, you are always welcome back to us to once again enjoy our hospitality. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying here for two nights, middle of winter. Delighted with the service from a wonderful team of staff. Breakfast must rate amongst the best in the world? The rooms are spacious and very quiet, nicely appointed. Highly recommended

Dear rob-zihan,

My team and I at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel are glad to take part of your comments here on tripadvisor. It is important to us that our guests feel at home, so thank you for recommending us to friends and collegues.

Welcome back to stay again, and to once more enjoy our wide breakfast selection. We will keep a spot for you in the restaurant!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This hotel had been recommended because the rooms were larger than the normal in this area. We found it to be very convenient to the things we wanted to do. It was close to the Palace which we enjoyed a lot. We were only there two days and it was cold, but we did walk and explore a lot. We liked the large lobby with lots of seating places for family to gather.

Room Tip: We were very satified with our room...because it is a busy city, rooms on a higher level are the bes...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear hednwest2,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback on your visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. We sincerely appreciate your thoughts.

It is true that our rooms are somewhat more spacious than other properties. The view from our superior rooms is spectacular this winter, when the city is covered in snow. It is my first winter in Stockholm and although it is a bit chilly I am completely amazed by this beauty by the water.

We look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future!

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I was recently over in Scandinavia for a mini-vacation, before starting my new job. I booked myself at the Sheraton from January 16-18, as it's a recognizable American-based hotel chain and in American you know what to expect out of the Sheraton chain. Amongst Starwood properties, it falls in the middle of the ranks (below the St. Regis, Le Meridien, Westin and W Hotels, but above Four Points and Aloft). Anyway, I find most hotels in Europe to be not as nice as American hotels and I wanted the comforts of an American hotel - large room, comfortable bed, workout facility, nice lounge/cocktail area, clean and decent bathroom ... and the Sheraton did not disappoint, and is actually nicer than most Sheraton properties in the U.S.

While this is a largely business hotel, for my purposes of sightseeing around Stockholm, the location was perfect. The hotel is located less than 2 blocks from the central station - making it easy to connect to other parts of the city. Additionally, the hotel is just across the bridge from Gamla Stan and the Royal Palace, which I imagine is on every tourist's 'must visit list.' For my purposes, this was a great location and great spot to stay in.

The staff at the check-in desk were very friendly and helped me navigate my way around the city. I enjoyed myself at this property and would recommend this for leisure travel, even though it is a largely business hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear jkcarnah,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your January stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Much appreciated by me and the team.

Glad to hear you were positively surprised both by us and by Stockholm, a great city indeed. There are so many places to visit and I agree; “Gamla Stan” is a must as it is actually the first part of the city that was built. The historical value is priceless and always something new to discover in the narrow alleys.

Should you have any further thoughts you would like to bring forward to us, please do not hesitate to let us know. Hope to see you back in a not too distant future.