“Excellent hotel with great bar”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #23 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel with great bar”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Big, comfy beds in spacious, modern rooms. Great views from rooms on 7th floor. Spent a few hours with friends in the bar, excellent service and range of drinks. Very nice food as well. Good wifi which was free. Great, friendly staff. Mini bar quite pricy and code needed to use the toilet in the lobby/bar/restaurant area.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear catnip33,

Thank you so much for your time and effort to sharing your thoughts here on Tripadvisor. The team and I are very happy to take part of your review and you are warm welcome back to us one day.

I wish you all the best and if there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to let us know.

Warmest regards,
igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg, NY
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Initial research showed the Sheraton being a good choice for a three day stay in Stockholm. It is a GREAT CHOICE! After exploring the entire area we're confident there is no better place to stay when in Stockholm if you're coming as a Tourist. Absolutely perfect location! The Front Desk staff was terrific in every way....Thank You!

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade! We didn't get one, as the Hotel was sold-out, but the standard room w...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BillKNY
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear BillKNY,

WOW! How nice to see your comments here on Tripadvisor - much appreciated by us all.
Here at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel we believe in providing great service and I would like to point out that it is thanks to our fantastic guest that we have such a great team.

It is just wonderful to hear you enjoyed your trip and you are always warm welcome back to stay with us again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The Sheraton boasts a fantastic location. The sheer convenience of the hotel's location just a block or two away from Central Station makes the stay alone worth it. From the time you depart the airport using the Arlanda Express train you can be at the hotel lobby in less than 30 minutes.

The staff was very personable and efficient at check-in. My room on the 3rd floor was expansive with features such as a mini-bar. The fitness center on the first floor was very organized and spotless. I didn't partake in any eating at the hotel so I can't comment on their food options including the coffee shop that opens into the lobby.

The location is very well designed for those seeking access to the city center as well as the old town, parliament, and palace areas. In the two days I spent in the city, I walked everywhere from the hotel. For example it took me about 20-25 minutes to walk to the Vasa Museum. Conversely it took me about the same amount of time to walk to the edge of the Soderholm neighborhood.

I would definitely return to the Sheraton when/if I return to Stockholm in the future. The simplicity of being able to walk to/from the Central Station is a wonderful perk for starting and ending the trip. The staff was great. The rooms were large, comfortable, and clean. I was very happy with the choice and I think you will be too.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RegionalRoadie
Dear RegionalRoadie,

How nice to hear you felt at home away from home here with us at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Thank you for your excellent review and your feedback on how well you were taken care of by our wonderful staff.

Our location is truly one of the best in the city and it is easy to reach most of the interesting sites by foot. Stockholm is beautifully situated with a lot of water all around and no matter wich direction you chose to go, there is always water surrounding you.

When it is time for a new trip, please feel free to let me know. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Houston
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The hotel was in an excellent location right across from Gamla Stan making it easy to explore. The hotel was also very close to the train station at which we arrived from Oslo in the evening and very close to the subway station which was right across from the train station although we didn't use the subway much because you could walk to pretty much anything from the hotel. Service was excellent during out stay. In particular the people in the club lounge in the morning and evening were very helpful in making suggestions and providing information to make our vacation more enjoyable (as were the people at the front desk). We also enjoyed the lounge/bar in the evenings after dinner. Excellent atmosphere (including a DJ) and excellent service. Unlike many hotel bars, it was a fun place to hang out. We will miss out nightly visit.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank scott c
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear scott c,

Thank you for your time here on Tripadvisor. The team and I are happy that you choose to stay with us and to hear that you had a good time here in Stockholm.

I am glad you decided to go for the Club room option and hopefully we will see you here again sometime. Enjoying some quality time in the Club lounge with a cup of Nespresso coffee and a Swedish homemade cookie is never wrong. At the same time you can relax and connect to friends and family as we offer wifi for free in the lounge – very convenient.

When it is time for a new visit, please let me know if there is anything special we can do to make you feel at home away from home.

Warm regards,
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect, just a few steps away from Central Station, Gamla Stan, Sergel Plaza etc. I stayed here for 2 nights. I have stayed once before and the experience was very nice again. Service was very friendly, my room was clean and spacious enough. Breakfast is very good with a wide selection of hot and cold food and an egg station. I also had lunch and dinner in the same restaurant and was pleased with both. Lobby bar is also cozy. If you're planning a short visit to Stockholm, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ve8,

Thank you very much for your lovey words, and for recommending the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel to other travelers.
Also; thank you for choosing to stay with us for the second time! We are of course hoping for a third and maybe a fourth.

You are always warm welcome back!

Linz, Austria
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had a quick business trip for a conference in Stockholm, where I stayed two nights in the hotel. What's positive: 5min to the main station (T-Centralen) and in the center. Nice big rooms. Environmental program to save resources (opt out of one cleaning within two day cycle), which results in a donation for a good cause, or a personal voucher.
What's negative: For such a hotel in that price class, I would expect (especially in Sweden) that internet is not complementary, without the hassle of filling your room number and surname to purchase a 24h ticket (which didn't recognise my name). Stressed from the day I wanted to relax in the sauna, sad to hear there isn't one. Also the view from my window was in the backward against four walls, I was hoping to see towards the water.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Norbert T
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Norbert T,

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate all feedback, although we are a bit disappointed to learn that we did not fully manage to live up to your expectations this time.

We are constantly reviewing the wifi cost. As we are all dependent on being connected and keeping in contact with family, friends and work, we have decided to offer free wifi in our entire lobby area. At the Link@Sheraton, our connectivity hub, we have six computers for free usage 24/7. The usage of internet should be easy and I am sorry you found it to be a hassle.

The sauna comment makes me a bit puzzled, and I would like to find out more, and why you were misinformed. In fact we do have two saunas; one for men and one for women. They are situated by the Sheraton fitness center.

Great to hear that you liked our Make a Green Choice program, much appreciated by us that you choose to participate!

Should you have a new chance to visit us, please do not hesitate to let me know. I will make sure that we arrange for you to stay in one of our superior rooms with a great view of Stockholm.

Warm regards,
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have stayed at this Sheraton many times and find it to be a great hotel and would recommend it to everyone. Firstly the location is really good it's close to both the old and new parts of the city and you can walk to most places of interest in the city. It is also only 5 mins walk from the Arlanda Express station which makes getting to the hotel from the airport very easy. The staff are always very helpful from the checking in, to getting a taxi or in the restaurant. Which brings me to the food, the breakfast is excellent with a lot of choice and chefs on hand to make you an omelette, fired or poached eggs. I really like the variety of fruit smoothies they have which change day to day so you don't have the same all the time. Dinner is also great and surprising good for hotel food, as is the room service menu. All in all a really great hotel and my preferred choice for Stockholm.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake ... you get great sunsets/rises.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear NXG1968,

What else can I say but a huge thank you for your lovely review!

It is fantastic to hear that you chose us for your Stockholm visits and we are proud to be your preferred hotel. To stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel is not just spending a night somewhere. It is about genuine care and making you; our wonderful guest, feel at home away from home. Over and over again.

We appreciate all your comments and until we see you again I wish you all the best from my team and myself. You are always warm welcome to contact me directly if there is anything I can personally can do for you.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,