“Nice hotel at central location - great beds!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #20 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oslo
“Nice hotel at central location - great beds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

At Sheraton the key highlight is the quality of the beds. Beds are huge (compared to any other hotel I've stayed) with high quality mattresses and pillows you will want to bring home. I know for sure I will always have a great nights sleep when staying at Sheraton - exactly what I want from a hotel stay.

Rooms are really nice; modern, clean and large compared to similar hotels. Breakfast is OK, the only thing really special is the singing chef making you great omelets of your choice.

Sheraton also has a nice frequent guest/bonus program: At my latest stay I was greated with chocholate and fresh fruits along with a personal greeting from the staff.

A few drawbacks: At one of my stays I had a room with an extremely noisy ventilation system, - but this is an exception and I am sure the staff will assist if you let them know. In all my other stays the ventialtions system has been really quiet and well-functioning. At one of my stays the bed linene had a few holes in it, not what you should be able to expect from a 5* hotel, but again I'm sure the staff would fix it immediately if I had let them know.
Room service food quality is as boring as in any other hotel.... Eat out if you can

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Marie S,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on one of your many visits to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. It is so fantastic when one of our most regular guests give feedback, and I want to assure you that every word of your review is brought up with the team. All pros and cons are already shared and I hope you will experience many more delightful moments here!
Glad to hear we immediately took action with the malfunctioning air condition and the linen.

The beds are really comfortable and if you are interested in knowing more, please go to at sheraton-hotelsathome.com or contact us, and we will direct you.

Should you have any further thoughts you would like to bring forward to me, please do not hesitate to do so. Hope to see you back in a not too distant future.

Igor Buercher

PS. For the sake of good order I take the opportunity to mention that we are an international upscale hotel. We do not participate in any local or international star ratings and we are not advertised as such via our marketing collateral.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I arrived late and checking in was a bit of a faff as the key card didn't work...frustrating!
Once in my room it was lovely and spacious, clean and well laid out - great to have some bottled water as a welcome. Nice toiletries in the bathroom too.
Breakfast was varied and plentiful, though the dining room was pretty hectic as the hotel was quite full (mostly of tennis players!), but staff did their best to keep things going smoothly and minimise delays.
Will happily stay here again when next visiting.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Yellowleader
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Yellowleader,

How nice of you to take the time to write your review here on Tripadvisor. Much appreciated!

I guess you stayed here during the Stockholm Open, which is a fantastic event, enjoyed by guests, players and staff. The entire lobby is turned in to a tennis court and the tennis buzz is all around. A peak period indeed. Our aim is always to, even during busy periods, keep up with the demand and the many guests frequenting the breakfast area at the same time. Sorry for the hustle with the room key, and thank you for your understanding regarding the breakfast hours and the fact that we were busy.

Hope to see you back soon!

Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Nicely located, walking distance from both the trian station and old city, the Sheraton is a good choice business hotel. Full buffet breakfast was outstanding. Wi-fi was included in the rate, which is high, as expected in Scandinavia. Never made it to the fitness centre, despite my best intentions :-) but colleagues told me it was quite well equipped and the sauna was well worth the visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Seat11A ,

Thank you for taking the time to make sure that your nice review is shared here on Tripadvisor.

Hopefully we will see you back one day, and I sure you will make your way to the Sheraton Fitness then, (which I myself find to be well equipped).

Warm welcome back!

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I always stay at The Sheraton when I am in Stockholm. Rooms are good size and comfortable as well as clean, reception desk is always friendly, breakfast is excellent, and the gym is open 24 hours which I find good if I am arriving quite late. There is also a pretty decent selection for room service 24 hours a day, which comes in handy if one has landed late that evening.

There are also several good places to run near the hotel, running around Kungsholmen is a beautiful 10K run, and there are shorter loops around Old town, or much longer ones if one runs towards Djurgarden.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Eric_Lemon,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Stockholm. It is absolutely great to see that you took the time to post your comments feedback here on Tripadvisor. Your excellent feedback has been shared within the Sheraton Stockholm team.

Stockholm seems to be made for runners and there are many different routes to choose from. I am sure your suggestions will be picked up by anyone who are looking for a good jogging experience.

I hope you will have a new chance to visit and that we might see you as our guest again. Let me personally know if there is anything special we can do for you.

Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I'm not used to a lot of luxury so I felt a little out of place when I entered the lobby.
Customers and staff were all suited up. But I was glad that I wasn't the only one in casual clothing.
Friendly staff, very clean room and oh my gosh buffet breakfast is so good!
Also had dinner at the Sheraton restaurant, delicious.
Of course it's not very cheap. Stayed at a platinum room on the 8th floor. Wonderful view.
The king sized bed was so huge you could almost get lost in it.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room with a larger shower/bath tub.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Junesy2014
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Junesy2014,

Thank you so much for your great comments. No matter the occasion, leisure or business, you are always welcome to stay here with us and enjoy our hospitality.

I am glad you did not get lost in the Sheraton SweetSleeper bed, which is a true wonder of comfort. You can actually purchase one of them and have it delivered to your home. Please have a look at sheraton-hotelsathome.com or contact us and we will direct you.

Hope to see you back one day!

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Family room was large, well appointed and clean. Service was excellent, especially from the reception staff who were very knowledgeable and provided good advice about places to visit, opening times and local transport. The breakfast was expensive so we opted to use the Espresso House on the ground floor. They served tasty rolls/sandwiches and a good selection of drinks, as well as some pastries, cakes and cookies. The hotel is very conveniently located for visiting the old town in Gamla Stan or for the more modern shops in Normalm. We took the Arlanda express from the airport and the hotel is about five minutes walk from the rail station. I would stay here again if I return to Stockholm. Our only complaint was that there is a £10 charge to use wifi in your room, after the first thirty minutes. You can use unlimited wifi free from the business centre but nowadays most hotels provide in-room access free of charge. If internet access is not an issue for you, then this hotel is an excellent choice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Qwerty2468,

Thank you very much for nice and sincere review!

It is always good for us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel to hear how our guests experience us, and as you mention internet is essential to us all. There is a cost in connection with usage in the room after the free 30 minutes. Our solution is to always offer free wifi in the entire lobby area. You can chose to connect your own unit or use one of the six computers in the Sheraton Link, free of charge.

You are always welcome back to stay with us and we hope to see you back soon!

Gent
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I have been reviewing this hotel before :
giving it a 4 at that time. I went back just recently after a bit less than a year later and must say that the side programs have been taken to the level of being annoying.
As before, I responded positively when asked whether I wanted to participate in the green program. You should realize that everything in your room remains untouched during your stay (which was 3 days in my case). No living soul enetered my room. Not that I need my towels or sheets changed but I would appreciate that the bins are emptied and that the room is cleaned. Especially at this time of the year, the streets of Stockholm are covered with sand and other rubish (that's their way to make them less slippery).
However some of that stuff sticks to your shoes and gets into your room. As the rooms are not cleaned, this becomes uncomfortable.
Furthermore, the temperature in the room was too low (another way of being green ?) with no way of changing the heating. One really gets the impression that the whole green program has nothing to do with the environment but only with reducing costs for the hotel.
And then at checkout, one last moment of emotional stress : "do you want to donate something for a good cause sir ?". No thanks I have already given enough ....
As far as the breakfast is concerned, I am still behind my previous review and I must add that the bell boy was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marc V
Dear Marc V,

Thank you again for taking the time to put your comments here on Tripadvisor. As you know by now we are grateful for all feedback, although we are a bit disappointed to hear that this time you felt our ecological ambitions are creating some frustration for you.

Our Green Choice program is aiming at making our planet a better and cleaner place, and is one of Starwood Hotels & Resorts missions. In order to help out in any way we can, we have implemented certain standards for the program. One of them is a minimum stay of two nights and you cannot chose the program for the day of your departure. Apart from this we offer flexibility and should you wish to use it for e.g. the second day of your visit only, that is fully possible. Then your room is serviced on all days except for the day you applied for the Green Choice. Also, the same if you chose to apply the program throughout your whole stay; then our maids respect that and your room is not serviced.

The same with the donation to our charity partner, it is voluntary and it is not our intention to create any mental stress for any of our valuable guests (I am so sorry to hear you were uncomfortable with us bringing it up). We all have different ways in donating and to support Unicef is our way. I have brought it up with the team, maybe it was something with the phrasing of the words?

It is such a pity that this visit was not in line with the last one, and you are more than welcome to contact me directly with any thoughts you might have. Also, should you come back to us – you know where to find me.