“Efficient but impersonal”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 March 2014

A perfectly good hotel, typical of the Sheraton brand. Good clean rooms a little on the small side. Breakfast very busy indeed, probably not enough staff at really busy times, but they tried, were very friendly. Dinner also very typical of a large hotel chain, good but not exceptional and quite expensive even for Stockholm.
Very well located for many of the important sites.
Our room had no view, it faced inwards, make sure you ask for a better one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city. Many rooms face inwards.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Legal-Al,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on TripAdvisor and updating us on your visit in September 2013.
We are within the team going through your feedback. The breakfast area can become very full when the hotel is fully booked and our aim is to offer a flawless breakfast experience. Please feel free to turn to me directly should have any further thoughts around this.

Nice to hear about our friendliness - we hope you brought some good memories with you home. Hope to see you back and should you return one day; please let me know.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had proposed to my girlfriend the night before our stay at the Sheraton, Stockholm. The other couple traveling with us had emailed the General Manager, Igor Buercher, and informed him of our engagement. When we checked in, the staff recognized my Gold status and set us up in an upgraded room where we found a complimentary bottle of champagne, congratulations card, and rose petals. Our two-night stay was seamless. The concierge, William, was extremely helpful and managed to set us up at F12 that Friday night on short notice. The bar manager checked on us frequently while we imbibed in the very inviting lobby bar. The whole hotel was clean and well-designed. The rooms were comfortable and clean. We were offered assistance in transportation and sight seeing. I don't have a single negative thing so to write. This stay has really strengthened my loyalty to SPG - well done.

Room Tip: Views of the river are desirable
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Keegan T,

Thank you very much for your warming review. I am so glad we could add a little extra something to your stay. It is just great that your friends contacted me directly in advance and that we got the chance to take your experience to the next level.

Hope to see you all four back one day and until then: Keep the love alive!

All the best and warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Visited the Sheraton last October. Our bedroom had a beautiful view of the city. The hotel location was perfect, everything was well within walking distance! The breakfast buffet was excellent, the selection of food was brilliant. Hotel staff were very friendly, special thanks to Steve the concierge who offered great restaurant recommendations. Really enjoyed the cocktails available at the hotel bar, pricey but gorgeous! Would 100% recommend the hotel for anyone planning a trip to Stockholm!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view...was lovely waking up each morning & looking out on the city!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Ciara R,

How wonderful to take part of your lovely words!
The team has been thanked on your behalf, and especially Steve, who send his warmest regards to you.

When it is time for a new visit, just let me know and I will make sure we recommend some nice restaurants (such as our own 360 restaurant and bar, hope you had a chance to check it out!).

Warmest regards and warm welcome back,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel is located very close to the Central Station with excellent connectivity around the city and to both airports (Arlanda and Bromma). It has a nice view of the Stockholm old town and It is located right in the middle of the city so if you like walking, it is perfect. There are plenty of good restaurants within the walking distance. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful and they instantly provide you with any information you need. Rooms are big enough, nicely decorated and very clean. There is everything in the room (including safe) and if you need anything else, it is delivered immediately. Sauna and fitness are a tad small but generally available and well equipped. My one grievance was the WiFi in the room. Only half an hour is free and the signal and the speed was appalling. Connectivity was constantly lost and although staff did everything to help us in the end we had to go to the lobby to check mail. Simply unacceptable for this age. To sum it up, a very nice hotel with an excellent location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Old Town.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Robert_M75,

Thank you for your time here on Tripadvisor. It is really nice to hear that your stay with us lived up to, and hopefully exceeded, your expectations.
The wifi connection is right now up for a review and we will add and count your comment in to our investigations. It is certainly of highest importance to always be connected.

Until we see you again, please let us know if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed one night at this Sheraton located in downtown Stockholm, walking distance from the central station. I took the Arlanda express from the airport and walked to this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I got upgraded to the Junior suite with a view of the river. Being part of the SPG club, I had access to the Sheraton club which served breakfast and evening snacks.

I liked the hotel and will recommend it. Stockholm is a beautiful city and this is located centrally (close to Old town, palace, etc)

Room Tip: Junior suite is spacious and good value.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear MonsoonPhoto2014,

How nice of you to take the time to write your amazing review here on Tripadvisor. We are delighted!

A stay with us should be memorable and I am glad you had the chance to explore our Sheraton Club. A great alternative when you long for your own livingroom at home.

Your feedback has been shared with everyone within the team, and we all hope to see you back soon.

All the best and warm regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My first feeling when entering the hotel was that it was trying too hard - I really didn't need to be be escorted on the short walk from the door to the reception desk. The receptionist was friendly and efficient. I was expecting a decent room and that's what I got. Plenty of space, well equipped and tastefully furnished, and a good bathroom. There's nothing "special" about the rooms and there's nothing in the decor to give you the feeling that you are in Stockholm. The public areas are pleasant, although there is a sense that you are sitting in the lobby when having a cup of coffee or glass of wine. The service was good when it came - I felt as though I was required to sit and wait for a while so as to appreciate how fortunate I was to be there. My rate was room only and I did not sample the breakfast - I simply refuse to pay SEK 295 ($45) for my morning coffee and bowl of yoghurt. From the lobby of the hotel you can access an Espresso House coffee shop and, quite frankly, the coffee there was much better, much cheaper and is accompanied by much better service.
At the end of the day it's the Sheraton and there's a formula. Compared to other hotels in Stockholm I don't think this one offers anything above and beyond the norm and, compared with other Sheratons is certainly no better than average.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear UncleBean,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay in October last year. We strive towards being more than just average and it disappoints the team and myself to read that we did not completely manage to make you feel confident and special.
The expectations look different for every guest. I would love the hear more about yours, so please feel free to address me directly with how we can fulfill yours.

When you make a booking at our hotel you can choose to include or exclude the breakfast. There is always a possibility to make sure it is included when you make the booking directly with us here at the hotel, however when you book via a third party (e.g. Expedia, Booking.com) the breakfast is not included and I hope you were informed in advance. (if you made the booking with one of or partners). The rate we charge for breakfast is based on the general breakfast cost at other international hotels, both in Stockholm and other parts of the world. Glad to hear you found an excellent alternative in Espresso House, it feels good to have them so nearby.

Should you come or way again – please give me a heads up and I will make sure you feel much more at home.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Loved my stays here for it's location, courteous staff, amazing breakfast. The rooms are clean and big enough. Its very close to Arlanda Express Station. Gym is a tad small but then its generally available.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear GVJMaheshwari,

It is a delight for us to see your wonderful review here on Tripadvisor.
Hurry back, we cannot wait to take excellent care again.

All the best to you and your family (such a sweet photo in your profile!).