“Great location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jose, California
“Great location”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I come to Stockholm a minimum of once a year. I always stop at the Sheraton. Good breakfast and great service from the crew everywhere including the bar. Rooms are small but clean and nice. Convenient location with easy access to Train Station, Gamla Stan and downtown.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear 007Daniel,

Thank you very much for your post. Fantastic to hear that you always stay with us when you travel to Stockholm. We hope we will have the chance to see you here many times.

If there is anything I can do for you in connection with your visits (some special celebration or occassion maybe?), please do not hesitate to let me know.

igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend to visit friends living in Stockholm. For some reason this hotel was cheaper than a lot of 3 star hotels also located centrally in Stockholm, so it was really great value for money for us! The room was a little bit worn (but nothing major), but otherwise everything else was as you would expect from this standard of hotel, with a good restaurant and bar, and cafe attached (handy if you missed breakfast time, as we did!). Service was also very good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear KiwiinNorway,

Thank you for your time and effort to post your review here on Tripadvisor.

Long weekends are always nice, especially when you get to spend them with good friends.
I hope you will do a revisit again this summer. There are occasional dates where good deals can be made, all based on demand and request, so start looking and hurry back!

Congleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Previous visit to Stockholm was a whisk round the city on a cruise ship tour so the combination of a birthday treat and Mothering Sunday surprise was just the excuse we needed to explore in greater depth. Well, it beats a bunch of wilting daffodils.
We did not arrive until late evening so opted to travel by taxi from the airport to the hotel. In the event, the hotel is located so close to the station that we could probably have saved time and money by travelling on the dedicated rail link.
The room was ready, on the 4th floor and overlooked the harbour. It had tea/coffee making facilities and sufficient supplies for the 3 of us although there were only two ceramic cups. A simple call to housekeeping the following morning ensured 3 cups and an enhanced supply of provisions were available for the rest of the stay.
The room was nicely decorated, pristine and adequately spacious despite the two large double beds. Two armchairs, table, stool and the ubiquitous TV were the main features and there was a safe, two hairdryers and adequate wardrobe space. I note some reviews have criticised the rooms as "impersonal', but this is an international hotel and what may be seen as ones own personal taste may be offensive to someone from another culture. We were pleased with the cleanliness and high standard of maintenance.
Beds were comfortable. I would have welcomed a bedside table at each side of the bed, instead of one between the two beds, but that is a very, very minor point.
Daylight revealed stunning views over the harbour the variety of pedestrians, traffic, rail movements and flights heading toward the airport, all securely soundproofed behind triple-glazed windows was a delight. Go for a room at the front of the hotel if you can.
Breakfast was great. Again, others have commented on the wide choice which is true, but we enjoyed chatting to the very jolly and knowledgable chef as he prepared my fried eggs (10/10 on the fried egg rating, by the way) and friendly staff all helped to make the experience enjoyable.
We walked too far on our full days in Stockholm, and frankly could not be bothered to walk out to eat in the evenings, so we used the restaurant. Yes it was expensive, but show me something that isn't in Sweden, and the quality was good. The adjacent bar area is obviously a good meeting point for people going on the explore the nightlife, consequently it is busy and noisy, but a joy for people-watchers like us.
Our SPG membership has yet to kick in, so I can't tell you about the additional delights awaiting the 'preferred' guests. Maybe next time?

Room Tip: Great views from the front of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Happyretiree63
Dear Happyretiree63,

Thank you so much for your wonderful post and warming words.

We love feedback and always discuss around every review, share it within the team and follow up on everything that needs special attention. I am sure that there are plenty of Tripadvisor users, who appreciated the effort you have made on giving such a creative and detailed review.

Hope to see you back one day. Keep up the attention to details - this is what makes the difference to all of us.

All the best and warm regards,
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 1 April 2014

If only for a weekend..As I would expect from the wonderful hotel, the service was impeccable, and uber friendly staff!!! I love staying here, what can I say? What is a refreshing relief is not having to pay for ice, as we almost had to at the Grand in Oslo.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Serendipidy S,

Wow - thank you for your continuously support to all of us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.
As usual; a delight to read your warming words.

You are always warm welcome home!

All the best and warm regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

all staff very professional and hospitality, view from our room very good, looking front to city hall?, breakfast is better than 3 hotel we stay before, people in stockholm also very friendly, opposite with new york

Room Tip: room with window to front of the hotel all very good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear honggoaffandy65,

Thank you for your time, and for recommending our superior view rooms to our guests.
The view is indeed magnificant, and Stockholm is right now about to embrace the spring and the green period. The scenery from the rooms look very different depending on which time of year you are here, so if you have a chance to back later in the year I recommend that you do so.

Until we see you back I wish you all the best and warm regards,
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I had the same lady check me in as the last time. She was very friendly and overall the staff are very nice at this hotel. I remember I had a memorable stay the last time I stayed here but this time around it was underwhelming. It was the first time in a while that I wasn't upgraded at a Starwood property. I entered the room and there was a note from the manager welcoming me back to the property but no welcome gift like a bottle of wine, basket of fruit or snacks. It made me feel like they forgot something because usually, there is a note with a gift at the majority of Starwood properties that I stay at. My room preference was not met and I had feather pillows in my room even though my SPG account clearly states that I am allergic to feather pillows. The breakfast was pretty good and the internet speed was fast. I am staying again tomorrow night and I just hope that it's a much better experience.

Room Tip: Get upgraded.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear whslc,

Thank you for your review and for letting us know about your dissapointment on your second visit to us. I sincerely hope this will not happen again, and I would like to ask you to get in contact with me directly when it is time for a new trip tp Stockholm.

Upgrades are always depending on the availabilty, and when we have a chance we always offer one. Same as we always check the preferences that our SPG members might have in terms of special requests. I apologise for not doing this correctly this time.

Hope to hear from you prior to your next arrival.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Have now stayed at the Sheraton Stockholm more than 5 times, and it continues to be very good, efficient and very welcoming. The breakfast itself is excellent and the staff (Julian and everyone else) continue to welcome you in the morning with a smile. The reception has continued its good wotk and make you feel part of the hotel on arrival.

Room Tip: Look to try and get a lake facing room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Martin1952_60,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visits to Stockholm. It is wonderful to hear that we continue to make you feel welcomed back over and over again. Your excellent experience and feedback has been shared within the team, and especially Julian send his warmest regards to you.

I hope you will have a new chance to visit soon and let me know if there is anything special I personally can do for you.