“Nice and unforgettable stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #20 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice and unforgettable stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

After my 4 days of business trip in Sundsvall. I immediately went to Stockholm to unwind and enjoyed what the Stockholm has to offer. As an SPG member, the only hotel I know and I will feel more secure is in Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. It is famously located in the center of all tourist spots in Stockholm. It well convenient to take the train going to other cities and Arlanda airport From Sheraton, I walked over the bridge to visit the GAMLA STAN, Old townhouses, The Palace and shops for souvenirs . The room I had is quite small compared to other Sheraton hotels I've stayed in. It is comfy with a sweet sleeper bed. I like the restaurant that catered our buffet breakfast. The staff are friendly an attentive to my request. They'll greet you and encourage you to try some of the other menus. Over all it was a VERY GOOD experience!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CarlaTortal
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear CarlaTortal,

Thank you for taking the time to post your warming review here on Trip Advisor. It is so nice to take part of your thoughts, and hear that you feel secure here. It is important to unwind from the demanding business life some times.

Our central location makes us close to the archipelago and the Old Town, which I would say is one of Stockholm´s most visited attractions.

Loyalty should always be rewarded and please feel free to approach me directly with any requirements you might have for the future. We are already looking forward to your next visit.

igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kauhava, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is in the very centre of Stockholm. I have been many times in Stockholm but this was my first visit to stay longer (2 nights!) and in the very center. The location is great to walk over the bridge to Old town or the other way to the central station. I also liked to jog along the path into the Kungsholmen where there are a lot of joggers. We received our rooms immeadiately although we came early. Thank you :-) The staff was very polite.
Minuses: no free wifi in the rooms. We were a group of 5 and it was impossible to find a table in the breakfast room. The breakfast premises are too small. Breakfast is a little overpriced.

Room Tip: See view is not very spectacular; we liked the rooms on the other side, they are very quiet from the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jyri
Dear Jyri,

Thank you for your post and nice words here on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you had a good stay with us.

May has been such a great month were we have been fully booked or almost fully booked most of the time. When the hotel is full, also the breakfast becomes well visited during certain hours. I hope you despite this were able to enjoy your breakfast experience with your friends. The feedback you have provided is forwarded to our food and beverage manager. Much appreciated.

No matter what the purpose of your trip is: business, holiday or celebration; you are always warm welcome back to us.

Athens
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Sheraton, while on vacation in Stockholm.

Pluses:
Location - It's walking distance from everything, or a short taxi ride away
Service - courteous, professional and with a smile
Room - clean, spacious, although there are minuses (see below)
Breakfast - although it feels like a typical "American hotel" type of breakfast, the quality is good, and the selection ample.

Minuses:
Concierge recommendations on Dining - we were given two recommendations by Ida, and both were not good (East for substandard sushi and Marten Trotzig which was overpriced and not good quality).
Room - there is some wear and tear in the room. The drawers in the closet of room 6 are crooked and are difficult to open. Overall, the hotel has not renovated the rooms in a decade or more (I know because I have stayed there before)
Value - at about €250 / night, I did not feel that the room and breakfast were a good deal

Overall, average.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a water view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear AlbertR,

Thank you very much for taking the time to commenting on your four nights getaway in May, to Stockholm and us.

The pluses and minuses you have brought to our attention have been forwarded within the team. I am surprised to hear about the restaurants that our concierge recommended and we will make sure to follow up. (These are to my knowledge good restaurants here in Stockholm.)

Regarding the room, I assure you that we like to keep our hotel in a good shape. The last refurbishment took place six years ago, in 2008, where we updated all areas within the hotel. Thank you for mentioning the drawers in the closet, which we will check and make sure these are fixed immediately.

I want you to know that you are always warm welcome back to stay with us, and when it is time for a new visit please let me know. I assure you that we will take very good care of you and make you feel at home away from home.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Recently returned from a truly excellent weekend break at this great hotel.
We were greeted on arrival by a most friendly and helpful man at reception and this set the tone for our entire visit. We had a lovely spacious courtyard room with a wonderfully comfy bed, the location is very safe and central, staff friendly and the hotel bar and facilities excellent.
The bar is a great place to relax or start/finish your evening and the food (club sandwich) very pleasant.
I initially thought the Arlanda Express from the airport to be a little pricy but having now used this service I found it to be pretty impressive - clean, fast, efficient and had us in the city in 20 minutes - perfect.
Can not wait to return. Thank you all at Sheraton Stockholm.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Rosie H,

Thank you very much for your absolutely amazing review!
I love to read about your trip to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and your fantastic words have been shared with my team members.

We all hope to see you back very soon, where we promise to not only meet but once again exceed your expectations.

Keep up us updated on your future visits!

Warm regards and warm welcome back,
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Decrepit rooms that make you not want to stay a night longer, bathrooms too small to move about. Flimsy towels, pillows too soft. Rooms are depressing, the furniture is simply too outdated as is the air conditioning which doesn't tell you the temperature. Horrible wallpaper and curtains from twenty years ago, very far elevators, low ceilings. You feel like in a box. Club floor lounge crowded with families their children. The closet door of my room doesn't close. When you see other hotels of Swedish design in Stockholm, why bother staying here. It's something that hasn't changed since the 70s. Breakfast choices limited. Advantages : great location, spacious Club Floor room, nice gym, courteous staff. Otherwise avoid it unless you're a family with children (the experience might be different). Don't get a courtyard view, too dark and demoralising. Too many people in the lobby sometimes, the disadvantage of a big hotel. The building may be classified historical in the exterior but there are historic hotels in Stockholm, or anywhere, where the interiors are new. Time for a renovation, even if the hotel was renovated in 2011!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Makiesser
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Makiesser,

Thank you for your post and feedback on your recent visit to us in April and we are sorry for your unsatisfactory experience. We always aim to exceed customer expectations and obviously we fell short this time.

Going through your comments I can see that you feel disappointed mostly in regards to the room itself and the layout. The last refurbishment took place six years ago, in 2008, where we updated all areas within the hotel. We apologize if you feel this is outdated. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed ensemble has 4 king pillows, and along with the bathroom terry was ordered last year. These are all of brand quality.

The Sheraton Stockholm Hotel has 465 rooms and when the hotel is full you may find many guests moving around within our premises. We love taking care of all our guests and no matter the occasion everyone should receive a warm welcome to stay with us; whether it is for business, together with friends or family, celebrating something special or looking for a romantic getaway.

I wish you would have contacted us directly during your visit so we could have had a chance to act upon your requests. I always encourage all guests to contact me directly so please feel free to do so, and once again we regret your extreme disappointment with your recent stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We spent a weekend with a one year old baby. A big baby grib was available but no potty.

We enjoyed the breakfast every morning. Maybe overpriced, but great selection.

The hotel is located near the old town and shopping possibilities. That was the key thing for the stay :)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ElinaRev
Vantaa, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Location was the main reason to book this hotel and location was good, not great. The service attitude was faraway from 5 star. We came early and asked the possibility to get room earlier. The answer was very rude and unpolite. 15 minutes later we were anyway told our room would be ready in 10 minutes. At this time we alreaydy had changed our plans and did not need the room. If I would have worked there and had this situation, I would have politely answered I will check the possibility and in the meanwhile we might perhaps enjoy the breakfast. We would have paid for the breakfast, because we were hungry. They would have earned some money from our breakfast and we would have been happy, we got the service, we were hoping for.

The room itself was very small and basic. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was great, but when we came out from breakfast there was a huge line outside. I don't think it is nice or very luxury to stand outside the restaurant waiting for to get in to enjoy your breakfast.

There was also a long waiting time to check out, but there was also possibility to make it by yourself without waiting, which we used because we had to rush to the next meeting.

I can not think one single reason why this hotel is having 5 stars, it's not worth of more than 3 stars (except the breakfast, but you are anyway paying extra for that) and I am sure you can find better hotel even in Stockholm with the same money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wanikka
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear wanikka,

Thank you for your time and comments here on Tripadvisor. I cannot enough stress how important it is for us to receive feedback on how our guests experience us.

Your comments truly shows how important it is to always offer the best possible services - something we are known to normally do. Therefore it is so sad to read that you experienced that our attitude were not in line with our promises.

The past month has at a certain extent been a busy month and we have from time to time experienced that there were many guests coming at the same time to enjoy the breakfast. This have at times lead to some queuing and I can assure you that we offer service as fast as we can.

I sincerely hope you will a new chance to visit Stockholm and us, and when it is time again; you know where to find me. I promise we will make everything effort to make your next visit much more comfortable. Also, If there is anything else you would like to share with us - please do not hesitate to do so.

igor.buercher@sheraton.com

PS. For the record; I would like to add that the Sheraton Stockholm hotel is an international upscale hotel. We do not participate in any local or international star ratings and we are not advertised as such via our marketing collateral.