“Nothing I didn't like”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #25 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife, my 14 month old son and I recently stayed at this hotel during an impromptu trip to Stockholm. The main purpose of selecting this hotel was because it accepted dogs (with an additional 500kr cleaning fee - fair enough). As first time visitors to Stockholm we didn't regret our decision. We booked a standard King room which was well equipped with the standard mini bar, big screen tv, nespresso machine and so on. The hotel staff were very helpful during checkin seeing as we had a dog and a baby and needed to add a cot to the booking, didn't know where we should have dinner they accommodated every request with a smile. The hotel's location is perfect, walking distance to the palace, old town, the beautiful waterways and literally around the corner from mid downtown. The buffet breakfast at the hotel's restaurant is expensive but not one it was not a charge i regretted paying as it was extensive, fresh with chefs actually accommodating requests for omelets, fresh eggs and the alike.
All in all it is a typical Sheraton and what I've come to expect from the chain.
If I had to get picky the one negative I would say about the hotel's room decor is a little lost in translation, it has hints of traditional solid wood furniture, minimalist style mixed with modern design elements which leaves the room feeling a little cold - but by no means will this keep me from staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear TravellerPaul123,

Thank you very much for taking the time to make a post here on Tripadvisor. It is a delight to hear that you were all enjoying yourself, including the dog. It would simply be fantastic to see you back one day.

Regarding the decor, I would like to mention that the last refurbishment took place six years ago, in 2008, where we updated all areas within the hotel. We will keep your feedback in mind.

Hope to see you very soon!

All the best and warm regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

the staff were brilliant in general- especially front office
however we asked for a triple room and got a double! the price at check out was that for three beds and not two. it was not pleasant. the wifi was poor and I had to register to SPG to get wifi working - as a condition.
also even after asking the maids in the corridor - who spoke English- our beds were never made and towels never changed! we ended up taking some from their cart to dry ourselves. anyway - no tips for them in the room at the end of our stay

Room Tip: the lift on the far right gets stuck regularly
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear adaminhoxton,

My team and I appreciate being able to take part of your review.

I am glad you found our staff to be brilliant, but I must admit that it sounds strange that we never serviced your room, although you asked for it.

I can think of two reason for this:
If you choose to be part of our “Make a Green choice program”,(where you can choose not to have the room cleaned and instead earn SPG points), or if you keep the “do not disturb” sign on the door. In both cases our staff are instructed never to go in to the room.

Please feel free to provide me with more details, so I can follow up on. It feels important to avoid confusing our guests, and I would also like to look in to the number of beds you mention.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights over a long weekend in Stockholm. A very easy three minute walk from the central station and only five minutes from the Royal Palace and Gamla Stan.

Our welcome by a trainee receptionist was the warmest and most helpful I've ever experienced in 40 years of travelling and our room was comfortable. The staff were helpful throughout and I'd pick this again if staying in Stockholm.

Just two picky things that the hotel should pick up on. Firstly the wifi signal was so weak in our room (610) that our connection continually dropped out which was irritating. Secondly when waiting for the concierge at one point, she continued to deal at some considerable length with the person ahead of us that was asking about applying for a job at the hotel. Surely paying guests should be noticed and given priority?

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear NG-traveller,

Thank you for your time and review here on Tripadvisor. Great to hear that you found our location great and our staff being warm and helpful. Exactly as it should be!

I have shared your nice words along with the things you mention (not at all picky by the way). I have brought the comments on the wifi and the concierge forward to the right persons, and we are discussing them both. It is important for us to be properly connected, both to internet and to our guests. Sorry you had to wait for your turn for such a long time.

Should you plan a new trip to Stockholm, please let me know and I will make sure we take good care of you.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had over 100 guests here as part of an event. The hotel is lovely and the reception staff were really welcoming. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable and the room was gorgeous. I noticed how well the lighting was designed - great for working and reading. The other thing I noticed was how quiet it was in the room. I never head a door slam or people in the other rooms despite the hotel being full. The bedroom and bathroom were spotlessly clean and the bathroom had a walk-in shower.

The breakfast was great. The staff at the breakfast reception were also really welcoming and friendly (they made a point of using our names and welcoming us back) and the staff in the breakfast room were really quick to offer orange juice and coffee despite how busy the restaurant was. If there were several people waiting for a lift, staff would appear from nowhere to help call lifts and help guests with prams etc. The employees at the Sheraton really set the hotel apart - great job.

The hotel is around the corner from the railway station and walkable to restaurants and bars. Highly recommended if you are travelling to Stockholm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank waynecom7
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear waynecom7,

My team and I would like to thank you for your lovely feedback here on Tripadvisor. It is just fantastic to take part of your experiences and I am so happy that you choose to hold your event here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.

We take great pride in attending to every detail, and we have many years of experience when it comes to conferences, events and accommodating larger groups. We know how important it is to meet every individual need and at the same time create a group spirit.
I hope that you are maybe aiming at making the event a tradition with us. Nothing is ever too much to ask for and we look forward to taking care of you again.

Rest assured that your wonderful words have been shared with my fantastic colleagues. If there is anything I personally can do for you; never hesitate to ask!

Warm welcome back and warm regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I visited hotel on May 2014. Close to railway station, near to bus stops. It had very nice view from the room we've stayed. Room are clean, good size, well equipped and nicely designed. Restaurant in the hotel offers delicious meals. Friendly and professional staff, always ready to help.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ela P
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Ela P,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. A delight to take part of!

I hope you are already planning a new trip to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. When it is time for next visit, please do not hesitate to send me a note in advance. I will make sure we arrange a welcoming surprise for you.

All the best and warm regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We has a pleasant stay with Sheraton, our family room had two double beds and plenty of space. View from the top floor towards the City Hall was great. Location works for Old Town etc. Service at the counter was brilliant, thanks for that. Unfortunately the building itself starts to be oldfashioned and lacking some character. Same goes with the room, its kind of 80's and tired.

Room Tip: Family room has two double beds and plenty of room. This is not easy to find elsewhere from Stockhol...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maunolito

Dear Maunolito,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your family visit to us. How nice to take a trip together.

The view overlooking the City Hall can be very inspiring and our most popular rooms are the ones situated at the front of the hotel.

I can see that you feel a bit concerned in regards to the building and the look of the rooms. I would like to mention that the last refurbishment took place six years ago, in 2008, where we updated all areas within the hotel. We are sorry to hear that you feel our rooms lack character.

I hope to see you and your family back one day, and as you mention; our family rooms are very convenient to stay in, with plenty of space.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

After my 4 days of business trip in Sundsvall. I immediately went to Stockholm to unwind and enjoyed what the Stockholm has to offer. As an SPG member, the only hotel I know and I will feel more secure is in Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. It is famously located in the center of all tourist spots in Stockholm. It well convenient to take the train going to other cities and Arlanda airport From Sheraton, I walked over the bridge to visit the GAMLA STAN, Old townhouses, The Palace and shops for souvenirs . The room I had is quite small compared to other Sheraton hotels I've stayed in. It is comfy with a sweet sleeper bed. I like the restaurant that catered our buffet breakfast. The staff are friendly an attentive to my request. They'll greet you and encourage you to try some of the other menus. Over all it was a VERY GOOD experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CarlaTortal

Dear CarlaTortal,

Thank you for taking the time to post your warming review here on Trip Advisor. It is so nice to take part of your thoughts, and hear that you feel secure here. It is important to unwind from the demanding business life some times.

Our central location makes us close to the archipelago and the Old Town, which I would say is one of Stockholm´s most visited attractions.

Loyalty should always be rewarded and please feel free to approach me directly with any requirements you might have for the future. We are already looking forward to your next visit.