“Perfect location, amazing staff”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #26 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had a great experience at the Sheraton Stockholm. The location is truly perfect- right in the center of the city and just a block or two from the train station. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I recommend staying in one of the club rooms, which gives you access to the Club Lounge (free breakfast and snacks and beer/wine/cocktails in the evening). It's more expensive, but I think it's worth it, considering how expensive it is to buy food and drinks in Stockholm.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear C A,

How nice and wonderful to hear that you are happy with your stay and especially with our Sheraton Club concept. The room cost comes with, as you describe, some special advantages and are well equipped. The lounge is a great place to sit down and relax, enjoying a cappuccino or two after a long day out on town or at work. And not to forget the cocktail hours!

It was a delight having you with us, and for me and the team to wishing you warm welcome back.

All the best and warm regards,
igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,669)

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we were greeted at the door and escorted to the check-in counter. There we were greeted by a very friendly clerk. Who was very helpful and answered all our questions. We arrived early but our room was ready to occupy. We had a great view looking over the canals and Old Town. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. The only issue was Stockholm was experiencing an unusually hot spell and the rooms were a little warm. The staff was very accommodating in offering a fan which helped in cooling the room.

The buffet each morning had a large selection of most anything you wanted and was very delicious.
This hotel is a must!!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel is in the absolute best location - literally 3 minute's walk from central station, Gamla Stan and 10 minutes from everything else. We had a deeply discounted rate so didn't expect the Presidential Suite - the room was adequately sized but had a funky odor. My guess is that it was a former smoking floor - but it was clean. The laminated wood floors were clean but looked horrible (scratched and marred) and really made the whole room look and feel dingy and dirty even though it was very clean, as did the 2 sitting chairs and area rug they were placed on. The bathroom was renovated and was lovely, and the king-sized bed was comfortable. The a/c worked poorly - a combination of a weak fan and coolish air. And with it in the low 80s that week, a/c was essential. Breakfast buffet was wonderful and very extensive. Most mornings they were understaffed, even very early on when it wasn't crowded. I would stay here again mainly for the location.

Room Tip: the rooms along the front with water view are likely more expensive, but seem to be larger with bugg...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RCAnyc,

Thank you for your review and feedback on your July visit to Stockholm and us. Nice to hear that you enjoyed our location and that you were happy with the upgrade. It is always a great pleasure to be able to create a surprise for our guests.

On behalf of the team I thank you for your feedback and I wish that your visit could have been an altogether top stay. This summer has been something extra ordinary with a heat wave that is rarely experienced up here in the North. We are grateful for the sun hours but unfortunately the temperatures have been higher than expected and I am so sorry you had to deal with our AC in the way you had to. We are on the case!

I am glad that you feel you would without hesitation come back one day. Please let me know when it is time again and I will make sure to follow up on your reservation.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying at Sheraton Hotel for my holidays and I am glad I chose it every day more and more. Its facilities and rooms are excellent and all tie together with the location which is near the shops, gamla stan, central station everything

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Costas C
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I loved the staff customer service which was excellent. The moment I thought of ordering something and inquiring about something, I saw someone at my table ready for assistance with a big bright smile on their faces. Would definitely come here again...

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

A fantastic stay in downtown Stockholm. Had a wonderful experience at breakfast with a wonderful waitress Michelle. She made our dining experience fantastic by helping us and our three year old son feel welcomed, pampered and safe. Thank you Michelle!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ola K
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Ola K,

Thanks for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us and highlighting an associate in particular that made a difference during your stay.

For me, that is one of the highest compliments we can receive and I will personally share your feedback.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon again,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had a wonderful experience; everybody is really friendly and very efficient there, they made me feel very special. I went to Stockholm to a congress, but I really intend to go back for vacation, and I will for sure stay at Sheraton. It was perfect.

Room Tip: My room didn't have a good view, but it was really quiet, which is very important to me.I dindn...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Adriana P,

I am extremely delighted that we made you feel special here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. We do strive to make a personal connection with our guests and provide a home away from home!

Please contact me directly when you plan to come back so we can arrange your say with us again.

Best regards,