“Nice place to stay in Stockholm.”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #26 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Very nice. Airy rooms. Nice beds. Small bathroom, but with good space for "ladies stuff".
Friendly reception and always helpful. Nice lobbybar, but not the friendliest staff here though. Everything you wish for breakfast. Good location from railway station, seaside, Kungsträhagen and Gamla Stan.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,668)

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I had, I think a great room with 2 dubble beds.. Actually, I asked myself who else had to sleep with me !
You know that feeling when you have to sleep in another bed, that you think you will not be able to sleep...
I think the matrass was in memory foam. It has been ages since I slept in such a comfortable bed, outside my home.
Breakfast buffet was really complete and had local food as well as continental.
amazing hotel !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Igor B, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Tiziana M,

Thank you so much for your time and the excellent feedback you have given us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Glad you enjoyed it and that you found the bed to be so comfortable, right in line with your expectations. If there is anything else you would like to share with us, please feel free to do so.

We all wish you warm welcome back and hope to see you soon again.

All the best and warm regards,
igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Reviewed 1 September 2014

My original search for a hotel in Stockholm was driven by my SPG preference but I selected the hotel for its location (the fact that I'm platinum with Starwood so I would earn points and have access to free wifi also helped) and its overall ranking in Stockholm.

I must say, I wasn't disappointed in our choice one bit - the hotel was a quick walk from the central train station (we came from the airport on the Arlanda Express). The very friendly front desk associate wasn't able to grant my suite request so we kept the basic room we reserved (albeit on the club floor). The room was clean, cozy and very nicely appointed. For the average American traveler, the shower is one of those half glass partitions which can be a challenge for those not accustomed to the smaller space and containing the water inside the shower..........certainly not a big deal but something to consider.

For those with access to the club room, it was small but very nice. We were pleasantly surprised by the breakfast they offered (they also offered a cocktail hour in the evening although we didn't take advantage) - very nice and a great way to kick off each day of exploring the city. The staff inside the club room also was very helpful and friendly - although we didn't use them for options around the city, they were helping others so something that fellow travelers might want to take advantage of if staying at the Sheraton.

As for the location, it was close to the old town with the palace, the city hall, the boat ride to Drottningholm Palace and shopping. We're walkers so spent most of our time on foot but we did have the Stockholm card so the tram 7 to the Vasa Museum and after a 10+ mile day we did take the metro back the central station.

Bottom line is this hotel is a very solid choice for seasoned travelers, business travelers or first time adventurers.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Just walking distance from the station and most attraction places in Stockholm.
Staff was excellent, room with aircond was very important in Aug which they have.
Only one side of the hotel has a good view the rest of the rooms are street view, so make sure you ask for the good view.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear dood2002,

Thank you so much for caring and posting your lovely feddback here on Tripadvisor.
I wonder when we wil have the possibility to seeing you back? Very soon I hope.

Keep your expectations high and warm welcome back.

All the best and warm regards,
igor.buercher@sheraton.com

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed for one night, and found the location excellent. The hop-on-off bus stops just around the corner and the hotel is in short walking distance from the train station. There were plenty of taxis outside the hotel.

Whilst the room felt a little dated, it was clean and comfortable. Lounge was reasonable, however even though it was moved to the conference area due to it being a busy period, there were not enough seats. As the hotel was quite busy, the queue at check in / out was significant - however the staff remained very friendly.

Breakfast was excellent, with a solid choice of hot and cold selections.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed the week of August 22 for 5 days and I am glad that I picked this hotel over all others. the locations is fantastic, maybe not right across the street from the central station as others but it is about a 5 minute walk. Hotel is conveniently located to Gamla Stan and more importantly very close to the triathlon venue.
Booking the room was easy and the manager even sent me to reminders of my booking and that I could upgrade to a larger room. Upon check in they tried to put me in a room with two single beds which kind of baffled me especially after the two emails indicating my bed preference, this was sorted out right away.
Rooms are very clean, beds are very comfortable, bathrooms had everything one needs including razors. What puzzled me was the stupid placement of the shower head. They put the shower hear in the corner which made no sense as it greatly reduced the area where you could stand.
Overall great experience and would not hesitate to recommend and I will be back.

Room Tip: Pick a room based upon your bed preference