“Great location, convenient and very clean”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #23 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“Great location, convenient and very clean”
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Booked four nights through SAS (Expedia) at a great price for Stockholm. Chose it because of the great location just a couple blocks from Central Station and the convenience of the airport train or Flybussa shuttle bus (much cheaper but 20 minutes longer). Check-in took more than 5 minutes because the weekend afternoon front desk manager was engaged in an extended telephone call while I waited and waited. Room was large for Europe, modern and very clean. In-room safe, LCD TV, and comfortable beds were appreciated. Bathrooms and daily service was great. The other plus for the hotel is the free Wi-Fi in the lobby and "business center" which unfortunately was over run with children playing on-line games, drawing and printing pictures, or chatting for hours on Facebook or other social networks. Parents would send the children to play on the computers while they sat in the bar. The computer area is unsupervised by Sheraton staff in the evening. Thankfully I had my own netbook or the wait for one of the four PCs available would have been interminable while parents used the room as a baby-sitting service. There's a 7-11 and McDonalds opposite the Central Station which serve coffee and breakfast items much cheaper and quicker than the Sheraton's restaurant which is very crowded in the morning. No pool but a small sauna is nice.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 22 September 2009
Dear Guest,

I am so glad to hear that you had a good time here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel during your visit in August 2009, and that you enjoyed the fantastic city of Stockholm. Thank you for commenting on our facilities – we take great pride in keeping our outlets up to date and well maintained at all times

In August the hotel was fully booked almost every day and the amount of guests arriving and departing was huge. Our front desk managers handle different kinds of tasks and requests and I am sorry this caused some waiting time for you before you could check in. Also, your feedback on the business center is something we take into consideration and it is a pity that you found the computers to be tied up all the time. Again, we had many guests in house, and this is something we appreciate and at times it means that the hotels premises are being used to a large extent.

Once again, thank you for your feedback – should you have any further comments, just let me know. I wish you warm welcome back.

Paul Peters / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Netherlands
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Very helpfull staf, personally involved and friendly. The lobby bar is a good place to meet, and a DJ adds the right flavour during the evening hours 17.00 - 23.00.
The food is really good with Swedish honesty. Rooms are properly clean and up to convenient and modern standards.
The hotel is very well located towards the city center and main attractions!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeffrey K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel – it pleases me to hear that you found our staff and service excellent, and the hotel itself clean and updated.
I agree that the DJ has certainly added something extra to our bar 360 and we are happy to have him playing here.

I hope you will have the possibility to return to us some time in the future – we all wish you warm welcome back.

London
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Upon checking in, I was booked into a room with 2 single beds, and I didn't think that this was a problem so I accepted the room. The room was right above the main entrance, on a very busy and loud street, with lights on all night. Both of the beds were very worn, and sloped towards one side. I was working in the conference centre, and didn't have much time, and because I finished work late every night, I didn't complain or change room for 2 nights, during which I think I had no sleep whatsoever. Eventually I complained, and was relocated, but put under pressure to move all my belongings as soon as possible. I thought it best to comply, and was only too happy to grab all my things and move to the new room. Unfortunately when I was packing up to check out, I discovered that I had left some clothing in the previous room, so I contacted reception. They checked lost property for me, but were unwilling to contact the person who was now accomodating my old room. I think that their atitude was poor.
The pillows in the rooms were far too soft, and it took 4 calls to customer service before anyone came to provide me with a foam pillow, which was slightly firmer. Again, poor service.
Finally, the conference centre where we worked had absolutely filthy carpets.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay with us – it makes me sad to read that you were not completely happy with your visit, and that the room where you stayed was disappointing to you, mainly in regards to the beds.
Also, the comments you have made about the lost items and the poor service received makes me very concerned. I have forwarded your review to the lost and found attendant and the housekeeping team, and we are discussing how we could have handled this issue in a more caring and efficient way.

However, I am pleased to let you know that all the beds at the hotel are right now in the process of being changed. In fact, your review has helped us to speed the process up and I can guarantee that should you plan to return, please let me know and I will make sure you can stay in one of the rooms with new beds.

I would like to add that the carpets on the conference floor are deep cleaned on a regular basis, and I am sorry this had not been done before your visit.

It is always sad to find out that one of our valuable guests are unhappy, so should you wish to contact me to share any further feedback, please feel free to do so.

Lansing, IL
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Stayed there two nights before a cruise. Great location! Clean, safe. Breakfast was a bit pricy. Would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent feedback – it makes me happy to read that you during your embarking trip to Stockholm chose to stay with us, and that you had a great time doing so.
Please feel free to let me know of any further feedback you might have and warm welcome back.

netherlands
Reviewed 17 August 2009

When you travel by plane to stockholm, the arlanda express train is the best way to travel to the city center in 20 minutes.The Sheraton is 5 minutes walking distance from central station.It is also 5 minutes walk from old town as well as city hall from where boats leave for the summer castle.location is absolutely great.hotel is modern style without too much atmosphere.service is very good.rooms are standard sheraton,nothng special but very adequate.breakfast is ok.we had a special royal package which was a good deal, including breakfast.otherwise meals and drinks are expensive as expected.For weekend tips very good hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel – this is fantastic feedback for us for which we are very grateful.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the location of our hotel – which is conveniently situated for transport by train, tube or bus and for sightseeing around the city.

We hope that we will see you here with us again and I wish you warm welcome back.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 August 2009

The Sheraton Stockholm is a superior hotel in every way. The location is incredible. Central Station is just two blocks away; Gamla Stan, the historic district with its incredible views, charming cobblestone streets, imposing castle, and warm, coffee-colored buildings is a two-minute walk over the bridge. Also, "Sergel's Torg," a popular square with a huge fountain and tons of stores, is just around the block.

When we first arrived, I asked our front desk clerk if there was any way we could get a room with a view. I wasn't expecting one because we paid the Expedia Sale Rate, but she seemed thrilled to accommodate my request. When we opened the room door, we had "the view." If you have looked at the hotel's photos on this site, you know exactly the one I'm talking about. Stockholm: the water, the boats ticking on the sea, and the iconic city hall tower standing gloriously above it all, its golden crown sparkling in the gloaming sunlight. The floors were hardwood. The mini-bar was computerized and well stocked. (You're charged as soon as you remove something, so be careful!) The bed was extremely comfortable, with plush white comforters and lots of extra pillows. The bathroom was incredibly big and sparking clean. We could hardly bear to leave it. We called down to Guest Services because we had heard of a vegetarian restaurant in the center of town. Not only did they call the restaurant for us, but they made our reservation at a water-side table with the best view in the place, had a taxi waiting for us, and gave us a business card to take with us so we'd be able to get two dinners for the price of one! There is a business center adjacent to the bar on the first floor with five free computers. When I had difficulty with their printer, I was escorted to the front desk where they let me use one of theirs. The wide-screen TV in our room had a great selection of over 20 channels, and you could opt for Internet-via-your-TV for a fee. The lobby bar had a DJ in the evenings. My only wish is that breakfast was included in the room rate, but even with their "special," we would have been paying $25 per person. We don't recommend that. Just cross the bridge into Gamla Stan and find yourself an open-air cafe, instead. Don't be lured into staying inside all day...I know it's easy to do in a place as luxurious as the Sheraton, there is a spectacular city waiting outside the hotel doors, too!

1 Thank Dianeyz
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2009
Dear Guest,

May I start by letting you know that my team and I here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel are absolutely thrilled and delighted to take part of your wonderful comments.

As you point out in your much appreciated feedback we take great pride in keeping our hotel clean and offering Stockholm’s best service! I understand that you were able to experience some nice meals during your visit and I am glad we could contribute to making these special too.
All of the Stockholm hotels charge app. the same rate for the breakfast and I am sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy our fantastic breakfast buffet, but I hope you will be returning to us in a not too distant future - we would love to see you here again.

Paul Peters
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We came to visit Stockholm with 2 young children. The Sheraton has a good location, the rooms are very clean, the view is outstanding and the breakfast is delicious. By all means it deserves the 4 stars.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank PacificTraveler13
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice feedback – I appreciate you sharing the details from your visit here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.

Being a father myself I know that when you travel with small children the location and the cleanliness are very important.

My team and I wish you warm welcome back - we will make sure that your next stay is as memorable as the first one.

Paul Peters/ General Manager