Lowest prices for your stay
£193
Fully refundable before Sat, 1 Jun
Get rewarded with One Key
traveljunkie779
warren, nj

Excellent hotel near central station and sights

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Sept 2016
Clean, modern hotel with great staff. The staff are all very helpful. Walking distance to Central Station and Gramla Stan. Good for vacationers as well as business travels. Has a good selection at the breakfast buffet.
Date of stay: September 2016
Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Gramla Stan
Trip type: Travelled on business
  • Tripadvisor
0.5 miles from Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
View more hotels in Stockholm
4,396 results
All reviews the club lounge old town gamla stan central station great location city hall arlanda express across the bridge walking distance royal palace an upgrade shopping area junior suite mini bar breakfast buffet vasa museum starwood
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent hotel with good services and customer oriented staff. I stayed one week and everything was perfect. The breakfast was very good and the staff were friendly and helpful and they have displayed a high level of professionalism. The location of the hotel is exceptional and close to every thing. In front of the hotel is the old town and behind it the commercial pedestrian street is located as well as the central train station. I highly recommend this hotel to the visitors of stockholm. It is simply the best in the town !

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank A Rahman A
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Dar A Rahman A,

Thank you so much for the excellent post.
For us it was a true pleasure taking care of you during the week and we hope that your future travel plans include Stockholm and us.
Your nice words have been shared with each and everyone of the team members.

See you soon again!

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Room was quite comfortable
Staff very nice and responsive, especially on check-in and check-out
Location was very central. We visited the city for 3 days and never had the need to get a taxi or public around the locations (unless you leaving into the suburbs)
Coffee shop quite nice downstairs
Tables outside the hotel could do with a little more looking after. Three times we went drinking outside and tables were quite dirty each time)
Given that the hotel is located i a very busy road,we found inside very quiet and comfortable to rest

1  Thank Arj229
Reviewed 10 September 2016

I reserved - with SPG cash and points - my room for the night before I was going to arrive so I could check it when I got there at 8 the next morning. Starwood documented that and the time that I was due to arrive and did arrive. After that day I was going to be staying on a reservation booked and paid for by my sister. When I got to the hotel they said I was a "no show" and after an extensive conversation let me check in to the room booked by my sister (who wasn't there yet). The woman at the desk said she would call about getting my miles redeposited. She did not. I raised the issue with the hotel when I got back home and they insisted that they hadn't known that I was coming in the morning (despite me having confirmed that with the main number) and they would not refund the points. I wrote back appealing that and did not receive a response. So I'm down 20,000 points for something I didn't get. If you like to reserve a room for the night before so you'll have one when you get there (as I frequently do) don't do it with this property. I've ever had a problem at other SPG properties doing this.

Otherwise the hotel was fine which a fairly large and comfortable room. It's easy to walk to Gamla Stan (old town) and lots of restaurants and shopping. The concierge was very slow and overwhelmed and we never were able to get to her even after waiting half an hour.

Eat breakfast at the coffee shop in the lobby - it's very nice and a third of what the Sheraton charges.

1  Thank KayMarco
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear KayMarco,

Thank you for staying with us.
I know that you have been in contact with us in regards to what happened and that the things you mention in your post have already been sorted out.
Your room was checked in at 08:13 on the 4th of August and it was the room that we had prepared for you on the 3rd of August.
I am very sorry that the information about the room handling had not reached us, but I believe that we in a timely manner managed to solve the situation.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Great hotel for this part of the world. Large well furnished and comfortable rooms. Could open two giant bags and not have to walk around them. In the U.S. this would probably be a 4 star, but here it's a 5 star at very moderate cost. The location is also perfect - breakfast was great and included.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I have had many stays at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel over the past several years. We had a nice room with a great view of the old town. I was very pleased with the service, and the breakfast was excellent. Great selection of cheeses, breads, made-to-order omelets, meats, etc. It is great that the hotel is conveniently located close to the old town, and within only a couple of blocks from Central Station.

1  Thank Pedro M

Dear Pedro M,

Thank you very much - what a fantastic review! Thank you for your continuous support, and loyalty to the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.

Your words fill us with energy and motivate us to keep on doing what we are doing. Your comments have been forwarded to the entire team.

We hope to see back soon.

Yours Sincerely,