“Very good place to stay on business”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #28 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 September 2009

It's modern, comfortable, no fuss, no issues, everything I wanted was there, the service was excellent too. It's a little on the pricey side, and the rooms a little small, but overall probably my 2nd favourite hotel in Stockholm - everything you'd expect from a 5* hotel chain without much character.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you - it is great to hear that you found your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel comfortable, and that the service was excellent - all in line with your expectations.

I hope that we might see you again some time in the future, whether it is for business or pleasure. Please let me know if you have any further thoughts to share with us. (Out of curiosity, I would love to hear which your 1st favorite hotel is here in Stockholm!)

Paul Peters / General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,712)

Reviewed 24 September 2009

We have just stayed for 6 days at the Sheraton Stockholm We found the hotel very good Rooms were surprisingly large for Europe and comfortable We had a meal in the coffee - restaurant which was typical of most hotel coffee shops around the world-- average.Being a city and shopper I found the position wonderful walking distance to all the great shopping areas contrary to previous reviews plenty of good restaurants the under cover market the boats for tours all within easy reach and only 10 minute walk across the bridge to Gamla Stan I found this hotel excellent for the price we paid The transport system is so good getting to Sodermalm was no effort This area very interesting young trendy fashions alternate shops interesting restaurants being a hairdresser found this area wonderfully exciting but would not like to stay there not up market enough for me This is one of the great cities I think, clean I felt very safe beautiffuly dressed smart people and an elegant city

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you appreciated our hotel and the services that Stockholm offers. The location is good for any purpose your visit has and it is always nice to receive positive comments.

Södermalm is indeed a very nice area for shopping and eating out, and I am glad you got the chance to explore it. I am not sure if you have heard of the Millennium books? If not – I strongly recommend you to read them - Södermalm is the area where most of the exciting plot takes part.

Should there be anything further you would like to share with us – just let us know.

Warm welcome back & warm regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2009

Sheraton Stockholm hotel has a perfect location, not far from the Arlanda express and close to Gamla Stan. The executive floor provides excellent food in the afternoon, and coffees and fruits all day long. Rooms are comfortable, nothing fancy, what you expect from a Sheraton. Fintess room is good, so is sauna. I would consider this hotel excellent if the human factor was part of the equation. Staff is not rude, quite helpful actually, but it seems you have to pay for smiles. I understand that you do not feel like smiling all day long, I don't do it either. But in this case, do not engage in a job that requires social skills. And it has nothing to do with the so-called coldness of Swedes, that's another stereotype about the country. In a nutshell: you don't feel home (unless you live in a no-smiling zone).

Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank WanderingProfessor

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay with us in August 2009. We are always grateful for valuable feedback and I am happy to read that you in general found your stay enjoyable. However, I am sad to hear that you were not completely happy this time, mostly because of our staff.

We are constantly looking at how we can improve our product and the services we offer, and I have forwarded your comments to my team so we together can follow up. August was a busy month for us and the hotel was fully booked almost every day with a large number of guests staying with us or just passing by in the lobby. However, this is something that should not affect how our valuable guests experience our hospitality - I apologize for the fact that we were not able to make you feel at home here at the hotel.

We always appreciate to take part of suggestions and ideas from our guests, so please feel free to contact me directly with more of your thoughts.

Paul Peters/ General Manager

Reviewed 22 September 2009

We stayed here last year to celebrate our anniversary. We had a very good deal through their website. We booked a club room with a view on the river. Really nice.
Room was clean and spacious. Very good quality for this price

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice words! It is great to hear that you had a nice stay with us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Our aim is always to create good memories and make anniversaries special to both you and us.

I take the opportunity to wishing you welcome back to wonderful Stockholm.

Reviewed 20 September 2009

I booked this trip way back in February 2009, as a 'special offer' from Expedia Travel, for our Wedding Anniversary. What can I say, we were not disappointed, the location's terrific, just arround the corner from Central Station & over the bridge from Gamla Stan (Old Town & v beautiful).
We found the hotel to be fantastic, the room originally booked was for a classic room, however upon arrival our room was not ready & we were upgraded to a suite, which exceeded our expectations to no end. Check in was efficient, the room immaculate & so were the views.
Eating out..... We didn't eat breakfast breakfast (250 sek each!!!) There's so many 7/11's, McDonalds & other little coffee houses to grab a brew & people watch - so get out there!!
Felt resaonably safe walking around the city durring the evening, however, you must go to the Ice Bar, its location is Nordic Sea Hotel... Its fabulous...A constant -5 & everything including the holders for drinks are made from ice....Awesome x
Overall, a wonderful 4 day trip, we came, we saw & we conquered!! Check it out & enjoy it, we'll definately be returning the Sweden, thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much – I am really pleased that we got the opportunity to be part of making your Wedding Anniversary both special and memorable. A very important day indeed.

We take great pride in offering our guests first class service – feedback is extremely important and we always follow up on any comments or suggestions that our guests might have. So, once again – thank you and warm welcome back to us (maybe for the next anniversary?)

Reviewed 12 September 2009

The Sheraton is not a pretty hotel from the outside but its location is very good - easy walking distance from the train and bus stations; very close to Gamla Stan and the rest of the city, so convenient for evening meals etc. We had a great deal and a superior view room, which with 2 queen beds, was good for 2 adults and our 16 year old son. It was very clean, quiet and dark at night so lots of sleep! Although the near view was the train lines in and out of the town, the bigger view of City Hall and the water was pleasant. We didn't eat at the hotel but there were options within a 10 minute walk or less. In the 5 days we were there we did loads. I'd particularly recommend the "wildlife tour" (yes really) when we saw moose and calf, wild boar and piglets. Stockholm is great for a city break and our teen had a good time too.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to extend a big thank you for your feedback – nice to hear that the location of our hotel fulfilled the needs of your family,and that you had the possibility to stay in one of our superior view rooms.

Five days is a long time for a visit during which you can really explore and get the best out of a place, and I understand you all had a great time. I am very fond of the nature myself and think it is fantastic that you can find nice surroundings for a day trip all around the Stockholm area - the wildlife tour sounds exciting! Also, great to hear that your teen had a good time too.

I hope you have plans of returning to us one day and until we see you again we remain at your service.

Reviewed 9 September 2009

We spent 3 nights at the Stockholm Sheraton booked via Expedia. Booked it months before and had forgotten that the breakfasts were not included. We were considering them but were taken aback to find they were 250 sek (£22)each per day. (i.e. £132 for 3 days breakfasts!) As we are both only 'bowl of cereal' types we declined. We were offered the chance of a reduction to 15 sek per day but only if we booked all 3 days at once. Again we declined. Anyway, the check-in was very smooth and throughout the stay the staff were absolutely lovely and their English was superb - nothing seems to be too much trouble and they are a credit. Our bedroom was obviously a standard one and just ok, nothing special, the decor etc being on the drab side, with an unappealing view. However it was very clean and had everything we needed. Beds very comfy and we slept great. The supply of toiletries, tea coffee etc was very random - from the miserly to the generous, paper cups only one day, to large china mugs another. Strange. The free internet in the lounge is great, although you have to queue sometimes. Incidentally, my partner actually lived and worked in Stockholm for a couple of years some years ago and loved it, which is why I was eager to visit, having travelled extensively but never visited Sweden. Sadly, any appeal of this city is totally lost on me, the many hideous 60s concrete buildings and the vastly overpriced cafes and restaurants (I don't eat meat or fish so it was a real struggle to find anything) so I have no wish to return. However, if you do, the Sheraton is centrally placed and has everything you need, the outstanding staff in particular deserving mention.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much – I really enjoy reading the detailed description and comments of our hotel. I am glad to find that you were comfortable here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and that our staff was lovely and went beyond your expectations. There are some points from your review that I have forwarded to the department head team here at the hotel and which we need go through, such as the consistency in in-room items. Thank you for letting me know.

Judging from your comments about Stockholm I am not sure if you will return but should you do so, I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Once again – thank you for your time and warm welcome back to us.