“Ordinary 3+ - absolutely not a 5 star hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Stockholm Hotel

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #20 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Ordinary 3+ - absolutely not a 5 star hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

My wife and I stayed there one night just to get away from our daily life. Since it's rated as a 5 star hotel we at least expected a 4 star class hotel.
When we arrived they didn't have any room with a king size bed left, only twin rooms. We had paid a little bit extra to get a room with a king size bed but no: they couldn't provide that, they could only upgrade us but for a cost of 300 SEK! Ok, that was a really bad start. The check-in personnel were always very friendly, but not professional. Not at all.
The room we got had seen better days (definitely haven't been renovated since the 80's or something) and was really small. And we woke up at 3am of noice from a room above us (that should definitely not happen in a 5 star hotel where the rooms should be a bit more sound proof).
Before we went to bed we had a drink in the lobby bar and that was a pleasant experience: affordable prices and good service.
The breakfast had a good variety of food, but was too crowded with people sitting really tight together.
I travel in business quite a lot and have stayed in numerous 5 star hotels, but I'm sorry to say: this was not one of them!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2009
Dear Guest,

I am grateful for your open and honest feedback and glad that we have already connected with each other directly. Your quick reply to my reach-out was much appreciated by me and the team here at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel!

Also, it makes me happy to hear that you are planning to return and as agreed, please let me know the dates and I will personally make sure that your experience is a five star one next time.

You have my direct contact details – so please feel free to always let me know of anything that is on your mind.

Thank you for giving us a second chance.

Warm welcome back & warm regards,
Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lummen, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2009

I loved this hotel and it's one of the best hotels I've stayed in. Room was very big and clean. The bed was great, not too hard and not too soft, so perfect for my taste. The location is great, in walking distance of the important sights and shopping streets in Stockholm and the view is also very nice.
Breakfast was really good, but one day we had to eat in the lobby since there wasn't enough room in the restaurant. This was a big minus, but it was just one day. If you go early enough you won't be bothered. The service was perfect, staff very friendly! One night there was a lot of noise in the room above, we called the reception and they immediatly called the room above us to solve the problem.
Very professional good hotel! We booked it with a promotion, so we only had to pay for three nights and stayed four. So for us, good value for money!

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay – it pleases me and my team to hear that the Sheraton Stockholm hotel is one of the best hotels you have ever stayed at. Also, I am glad that you found the beds comfortable and the location great.
Referring to your comment on the breakfast I regret that your experience was not completely fulfilled and that you had to sit in our bar 360 one of the mornings. The hotel is often fully booked and at times, especially during the weekend, it might happen that the breakfast room becomes full at a certain time - sorry for the inconvenience there!

I hope you will find a reason to return to us and should you have anything else to share, please let us know.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2009

I booked this May trip in March after receiving the European Starwood Hotel Sale in an email. I paid basically $165 US per night (fifth night free) for a very spacious, clean and comfortable room with a fabulous waterfront view of Gamla Stan and Lake Maloren. I was shocked at the beautiful view when I walked into my room.

The location was great - close to the Arlanda Express ( at the train station) from the airport, Gamla Stan (old town), City Hall, the Ice Bar the Lake Maloren boats and the wonderful little korv (hot dog) stand on the way to old town.

The breakfast was lovely and had many choices. Reception was very friendly and efficient, and the little bar was cozy for a nightcap.

When I visit Europe, I hit the ground running and, while I want a nice and spacious room, I'm really not there all that much except to sleep. That being said, if I get back to Stockholm, and I hope I do, I would stay here again. There are fancier and trendier hotels, but for the location and Starwood points, the Stockholm Sheraton is worth a revisit. Clean, comfortable, well-located, nice breakfast.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2009
Dear Guest,

My team and I here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel would like to start by letting you know that we are proud and feel very special whilst take part of your wonderful comments.

We take great pride in keeping our premises clean and well maintained at all times, and I am glad to hear that you found the room and location living up to your expectations. Also, I understand you had the possibility to enjoy a nightcap in our cozy bar and a “korv” at the hot dog stand nearby – something I recommend that all our foreign visitors have an opportunity to try, at least once.

We would love to see you here again and I hope you will return - maybe by using your Starwood points. Let me know if you have any further feedback for us, and if so please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Paul Peters
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2009

Lovely hotel, perfect location, clean, contemporary furnishings. Very accommodating staff. We had an amazing room overlooking the beautiful harbor. Great internet, we loved it and will be back!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback on your visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel – I am so happy you found the location, design and staff to be lovely and perfect. All kind of feedback is important and always taken serious by me and my team. Without our great and honest guests we would not be anything.

I hope you will return very soon, and we will make sure your next stay is as comfortable and memorable as it was in August.

You know where to find me and I wish you warm welcome back to us.

Oakland, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2009

Stayed at the Sheraton for three nights late last month while attending a conference and business meetings in Stockholm. Very good, friendly, efficient staff. Room was not huge but decent-sized and fine--looking toward Old Town over the water and near major roads, but well insulated from street noise. Location very good. Perhaps five minutes or so from Old Town, and the saem minutes from the Central Station in the other direction--though be aware that the Arland (??) Express (that is, the airport train) platform is at the far end of the Station with respect to where the hotel is, so walking to that platform is closer to 15 minutes. Had the buffet breakfast one morning and it was quite good. Four free computer terminals, complete with printer, in the bar lobby area. Occasionally they all were busy, especially in the evening, but more often than not a terminal is available. I would gladly stay at the Sheraton again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonStockholm, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 11 November 2009
Dear Guest,

Let me start by saying that we would gladly have you staying with us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel again and I do hope that we will see you soon.

Thank you very much for your fantastic description of the superior room where you stayed, the view, the Arlanda Express train (which I believe is closer than a 15 minutes walk once you are familiar with the location of the station), the buffet breakfast and the rest of the comments you have made about us. Rest assured that I have shared these with my team here at the hotel.

Should you have any further feedback for us - please feel free to contact me directly.

Once again, many thanks and warm welcome back.

Warm regards

Paul Peters
paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2009

i stayed at the sheraton stockholm and booked a superior room which was a category above the standard room. The check-in process was warm, welcoming, smooth and very good. As my girlfriend and I headed into the room, our impression overall of the hotel was that it was clean. When we arrived to the room, we felt it had a very nice design since it was modern and we didnt expect it from a sheraton. In previous stays at other sheratons the rooms were never so modern. Our room had a very nice balcony with outdoor heating, with the view of the lake and the city (very nice!). The room was a little bit dusty in one of the night tables and lamps, the balcony had cigarette butts which was not nice at all.
We had a king size bed but the beds were set up with 2 twin duvets instead of 1 king size and we didnt like that much. We thought it was a scandinavian thing.
The bathroom was very clean but I felt a strange light smell of sewage and turn down service was upon request and nothing special about it..compared to other turn down service Sheraton experiences in the past.
The phone operators were a bit unclear in their explanations and I felt their english was good overall but sometimes they didnt really understand..
We had breakfast at the 360 restaurant and the breakfast buffet was very nice set up, a lot of variety and nice salmon and swedish specialities. The service was nothing special and overall a bit overpriced for what it really was, they really didnt approach us until 20 minutes after we arrived and the waiters really didnt explain where we could get coffee because we saw some guests serving themselves from a coffee machine and others getting coffee from the service staff.. The location of the juice bar and water was a bit unclear and overall ok, however when the breakfast ended the staff was a bit rude just vaccuming in our face kind of kicking us out.. i felt it was a bit rude.. the hotel itself is nice, very good location and overall was a good stay

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us – as you can imagine I am sorry to read that you were not completely happy with your visit, and that you found your stay to be just average.

It is clear that your experience started in a very good way and along the way something was lost. October was a busy month for us and although your stay might have been during a period when the hotel was completely fully booked, you should still receive the best possible service from us.
We are constantly training our staff to make sure we meet the demands from our guests in a proper and helpful way, and to see only opportunities beyond the challenges we face. However, I agree that it seems like we did not perform as good as we normally do and I have brought your feedback up with the departments concerned to make sure that we follow up on your comments.

On behalf of my team I apologize for the inconveniences met and I would like to ask you to contact me directly next time you have plans to travel to Stockholm. I will make sure you are much better cared for than this time.

Rotterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2009

We had an excellent stay in the hotel; there was a very nice, friendly atmosphere (also in combination with being the 'official tournament hotel' for the tennistournament, Stockholm Open). The room was great with a view on the beautiful city of Stockholm. We had dinner and drinks in the bar of the hotel; very good quality, nice and friendly staff. We very much enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience you have from us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. We appreciate to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I agree the Stockholm Open tennis tournament certainly added something extra to the atmosphere. Both for our guests and us, the staff working here.

Also, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the dinner and the drinks in the bar!

If there is anything we can do for you – please feel free to contact me directly. We wish you warm welcome back to Stockholm.