“Doesn't get more central than the Sheraton...”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #27 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 December 2009

What I loved most about this hotel was the location. As everyone has mentioned it's located right in the middle of everything close to the old town and to the new part of the city as well. I arrived at 01:00am with the bus from the airport and had no trouble getting to the hotel in a few minutes as it is next to the train and bus station.
The rooms are spacious and confortable decorated in a very modern "Swedish" way which is not my favorite but that's just me...I had an inside room but many of the rooms have lovely old town views. The hotel looked very busy all the time but the staff I talked to were very nice and helpful. At the lobby level next to the bar there are a lot of computers with comlimentary internet use which I have never seen before (at least not so many). You can also print free of charge.
Breakfast was OK, maybe there could be a bit more variety. I also had a few room service items and wasn't very impressed (especially with the Swedish meatballs!).
In general this is a very good hotel and definetelly the best location in town.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
PPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much – I am really pleased that we got the opportunity to be part of making your trip both special and memorable here in Stockholm, and at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. Feedback is extremely important to us and we always follow up on any comments or suggestions that our guests provide us with.
Therefore, I have taken the opportunity of discussing both the breakfast and the meatballs with our Chef - normally our breakfast offers a wide selection of choices, and we have every intention of keeping that way, so please feel free to contact me directly to let me know exactly what you missed and I will be happy to forward your request.

Also, thank you for the photos you have been so kind to post here on Trip Advisor – the hotel went through a major renovation back in 2007 and as you mention, I guess that the preferences are just different in what choice each and everyone likes.

I hope we will see you with us again some time – warm welcome back.

Paul Peters / General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,693)

Reviewed 6 December 2009

We chose this hotel in Stockholm because we are loyal SPG costumers. As others have stated, the location couldn't be beat. It's across from Central Station, a few blocks from Old Town, and a few blocks from the pedestrian mall. Since we were only in Stockholm for two days, the central location was perfect. The one issue we had was using the business center at night - it's right next to the bar and it was very loud. The design inside the hotel is Scandinavian modern including the room which was very comfortable. The staff was helpful and about as warm as we've found people in Sweden to be. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
PPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much – I enjoy reading your description and comments of our hotel and am glad to find that you were comfortable here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. I hope you will not wait to long until you come back to us!
Also, thank you for mentioning the Christmas decorations - I hope you liked them? They were very special this year and contributed to a lot of attention from guests and visitors from all around the world.

Whenever you are planning to return please feel free to contact me prior to your arrival and I will make sure we take good care of you again.

Reviewed 4 December 2009

This hotel will not wow you with its old world charm or amazing pool etc.. but the rooms are very clean, simple, nice. What you get here is a hotel that is in the middle of EVERYTHING. We only used public transportation once and that was to get out ti the VASA. Other than that we walked everywhere. I traveled with my wife and our 2 sons (both under 3) and my brother and his daughter (6 months) and they accommodated the kids with cribs it was great.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback – it is indeed nice to hear that the location of our hotel fulfilled the needs of your family, and that you were able to move so easily around the city with all the kids.
The summer is a great time for a visit where you can easilyexplore and get the best out of Stockholm, and I understand you all had a great time. I
am especially glad to hear that you visited the Vasa Museum which must be one of the most fascinating museums in our city and of which I am very fond of myself!

I hope you have plans of returning to us one day and until we see you again we remain at your service.

Reviewed 4 December 2009

I have stayed at the Sheraton Stockholm for more than 20 nights over a 5-month period. From a business perspective it offers everything that is required especially when staying on the Club Floor level. The only gripe is the very expensive internet in the rooms which hopefully Sheraton could address.

The service I received from the staff was generally very good, especially from our account manager Mille Kyhl who was very service-oriented.

The gym, club lounge and the rooms themselves are all well designed with everything that I required as a business traveller and also served us well when my wife visited for a weekend.

In terms of areas for improvement, I think the room service menu could be expanded and/or more variable and also the quality of some of the dishes (e.g. fruit salads) could be improved or be fresher. In addition, on several occasions the room keys would not be extended for late check-outs despite multiple confirmations and checks which was annoying as it required multiple trips to reception to try and rectify the issue.

Overall however, the Sheraton in Stockholm has served me well and I would stay at this hotel again especially when staying on business or if you are Starwood premium member.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and letting us know that you have been enjoying yourself here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel over the last five months when you have been staying with us. I am very proud to hear that and would like to let you know that we look forward to offering you many more comfortable visits.

Also, thank you for bringing the points forward where we you believe we can improve; the room service menu, as well as our other menus, is being reviewed on a regular basis and we welcome any special suggestions and requirements you might have, so please feel free to direct those to me directly. Regarding the key cards I understand that the occasion you describe must be a special one and I apologize for the inconveniences you were put through at the time. I have shared your feedback with my team and trust it will work much better next time you are staying with us.

I have shared your great feedback with everyone, and especially Mille. It means a lot to all of us to take part of our guest’s experiences and on behalf of everyone I hereby send you a warm thank you. I hope that we will see soon again!

Reviewed 4 December 2009

the hotel is quite ok, but i have seen better service level in five star hotels. E.g. there was first no hairdryer or iron at the room

Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
PPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for updating us and the users of Trip Advisor on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel in December 2009. From your feedback I can see that you were not completely happy with us, and from your comments I understand that it is mostly depending on the service you are referring to.

Regarding hairdryer, this item should be available in all our rooms and is situated in one of the drawers of the desk.
We are in the process of changing all our irons in the rooms to steam irons and therefore, right now iron and iron board is available around the clock via our housekeeping department - I am sorry that none of this information reached you at the time.

You are more than welcome to contact me directly to fill me in on some more of the details which led to your disappointment. Our aim is always to make our guests feel warmly welcomed and to me it is clear that you did not feel at home this time.

Reviewed 4 December 2009

I stayed here twice a few years ago--once during Midsommar and again before Christmas. The location is excellent, just over the bridge to the Gamla Stan/Old Town area, and located directly across from the main train from the airport. As a Starwood Corporate cardholder, I was eligible for an upgrade and got a terrific room overlooking the water, which had hardwood floors and tasteful Swedish decor. The lobby bar was a great spot to end our evening, with a glass of glogg and pepparkakor cookie. There's also a nice sauna, a treat since we don't have saunas this nice in Chicago. The staff was amazing on both trips. I'm sad to hear that the quality of the rooms has declined, as this was one of my favorite hotels and a perfect location in Stockholm. The upgraded rooms were quiet and spacious.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
PPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2009

Dear Guest,

I am so glad to hear that you had a good time here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel during your stay in 2006 and that you enjoyed the fantastic city of Stockholm (which is still fantastic).

Thank you for commenting on our facilities and location. However, I understand that you were staying here before the huge renovation in 2007, which the hotel was in great need of. I am sure that you would find that we have gone through a tremendous transformation. The bar area is now situated in the middle of the lobby – close by the windows so our guest can have a good look at Stockholm, whilst enjoying something to drink. By the way; we still serve “glögg and pepparkakor” during the Christmas time.

Should you have an opportunity to travel to Stockholm again you are more than welcome to stay with us – I would love to hear your opinion on what you think of our updated premises. Why not come already now in December? It would be a pleasure to host you again!

Once again, thank you for your time – should you have any further feedback – just let me know.

Reviewed 3 December 2009

The Sheraton in Stockholm was a great hotel, it was pushing the 5 star rating however overall the stay was very enjoyable.

The main highlight about this hotel would be the location, only a stones throw away from Stockholm's central station and in walking distance to all of what Stockholm has to offer.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank GCaceres

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice feedback – I appreciate you sharing it from your visit here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel.
I agree, the location is amongst the best in the city, conveniently situated near most of Stockholm’s main attractions.
My team and I wish you warm welcome back - we will make sure that your next stay is as memorable as the first one.

Paul Peters/ General Manager