“can't wait to go back”

GreenLeadersSilver level
london
“can't wait to go back”
Reviewed 6 April 2010

i stayed at the sheraton for 4 nights in february to celebrate my anniversary and had a fabulous time.
the staff were really helpful and informative, they fixed a problem with our heating quickly, booked a great
restaurant for dinner, provided extra pillows and fresh milk. everything that was asked of them.
the room was amazing. on the 8th floor we had views of the old town and the water, a massive bed, great bathroom and plenty of space.
the location is really handy for ryanair flights - just around the corner from the bus station. it's also handy for some of the best tourist sights, which in -20C is fairly important!
when they found out we were celebrating we returned to find chilled bubbly in the room.
altogether a really good team effort and we're going back soon (in the summer!).

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank goatfish
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay in February 2010 here at the Sheraton Stockholm. Although this was probably the coldest period during this years long winter I am so happy that you discovered the warmth of Stockholm. It is such a nice city to spend a special occasion like yours in, and it is great that we could contribute to making your anniversary fabulous - and offer you some bubbles to go with it!

What make the rooms on our 8th floor so special are the balconies and the space, and most of them offer a fantastic view of Stockholm. I wish you warm welcome back some time during the summer. You will see a completely different side of Stockholm, where June, July and August are the guaranteed summer months. Also the autumn which starts in September can be just spectacular. Hard to say which of these four months that is my favorite time.

See you soon again - warm welcome back, and thank you for your time.

Paul Peters / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
Reviewed 6 April 2010

We stayed over the Easter break and thought the hotel was great. The rooms were clean and comfortable,the staff were very friendly and helpful and the location could not have been better!!!

The only gripe I would have is the description of the hotel as a 5 star, I would consider it a 4 star. There is no pool and there is extra charge for everything. We paid around €14 just to watch a movie in our room which is ridiculous!!!

Overall though a very pleasant experience!!

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

My team and I here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel would like to start by letting you know that we are proud and feel very special whilst take part of your comments.

We take great pride in keeping our service standards high and I am glad to hear that you found us to be friendly and helpful. Also, I am happy to read that the cleanliness and comfort were in line with your expectations.

We are constantly reviewing our charges of the product we offer and will keep your comment on the movie cost in mind for future updates.

We would love to see you here again and I hope you will return to us soon – I can not promise that we will install a pool, but assure you that your next stay will be just as pleasant as this time!

san diego
Reviewed 27 March 2010

The corridors of this hotel have a stench which does get into the rooms I would think considering it did in my room. The rooms are not well ventilated as I guess they power everything off when the card is removed from the room which is used to complete the power circuitry to the room.

Another negative- Every time I ordered an extra key to put in the card reader to ventilate my room it disappeared when my room was cleaned. Looks like thye do not want you to use power at all and they mean it!!

The highlight was earth day when they powered down your lights down from 8.30pm for an hour whether you liked it or not.

The bar below with live DJ was nice. Drinks and food are expensive but then its stockholm downtown.
Location is awesome right in the heart of the action and a easy walk to Gamla stan which is the old town.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
PPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us – it is sad to read that we did not fully manage to offer you a comfortable and memorable stay.

Regarding the electricity in the room; I can assure you that all of the electricity being cut off when you take the key out of its holder is not the way it is designed to be. The key holder is just for the lightning in the room and is not affecting any other electricity circuits. From your description I can not clarify why this happened and I have forwarded your comments to the chief engineer, who is on the case and looking in to it. Also, the stench from the corridors you refer to is something we are looking closer at.

We along with the other Starwood hotels chose to participate in the worldwide Earth Hour, meaning that we closed off part of the electricity in the corridors and other public areas at 8,30 pm. However, each and every guest could chose whether the lights in the rooms should be turned off or on, so for me it seems that the way your room was affected was not at all correct. I have to date not experienced an issue like this and it is important for us to straighten it out, so could you please come back to me on this? I would appreciate it.

On behalf of my team I apologize for the inconveniences met but at the same time I am glad to read that you enjoyed our location, the bar and the DJ, and Stockholm in general. Should you return to us I will make sure you are much better cared for next time. Looking forward to hearing from you.

UK
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Can only say what a great hotel, staff were perfect, Malin was our main contact and he made the weekend (my proposal to my girlfriend) so magical. Hotel is perfectly located, cant be any closer to all the attractions, the views from the rooms over looking the river / bridges / gamla stan were outstanding. Thanks for such a brilliant weekend, a credit to the Sheraton organisation. Oh and the nicest of beds!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank morepatrols
Dear Guest,

It makes me so proud to read about your experience of us and especially Malin, who made it possible to bring your proposal to your girlfriend up to magical heights. Judging from your fantastic feedback I assume that the answer was – YES. It is simply great to hear.
I wish you both all the best for the future and obviously, we would be more than happy to host you when it is time for the important travel of your life – the Honeymoon. Please feel free to contact me when it is getting closer and I will make sure that we offer you both yet another unforgettable experience.

Warm regards and good luck from all of us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 March 2010

We stayed here for a weekend break in March 2010. We had a great time in Stockholm and this hotel was a major reason behind that.

The hotel is in a great location - literally a 3 minute walk from Gamla Stan and about 10 minutes walk from the bars/restaurant/shops in Normmalm and Ostermalm. Furthermore, it is right next Stockholm Central Station so if you are getting a bus or train from the airport, it practically brings you to the hotel.

The room we stayed in was a King room which was very spacious with a very comfortable bed, widescreen TV with plenty of channels. a desk and chair, plus 2 armchairs. The bathroom has immaculate and had a great shower. The room was very clean and was cleaned each day by the cleaners.

The hotel has a great restaurant and bar. The buffet breakfast in the morning was great, with a wide selection of food and all good quality. The bar is very cool and has a DJ playing chilled music each night. The only thing I would point out is that the staff were often quite slow when serving. On a couple of occasions we were waiting quite a long time for staff to come over and take our drinks orders, and I noticed other guests experiencing the same things too.

There are a range of computers to use in the lobby where you can use the internet free of charge. Also, there is free WIFI on the ground floor of the hotel. Internet in the rooms comes with a charge.

The staff in the hotel were excellent and always happy to help. On each night we were there, the staff recommend some great restaurants and bars to visit. Definitely eat at Sturehof if you can get a table (thanks Marcus!). If you're unsure where to eat, ask the staff and they will help out.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again next time I visited Stockholm.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback on your visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. I am so happy to hear you found us living up to your expectations and that you liked our staff, the location, bar and restaurant and the other details you mention in your review. All kind of feedback is important and always taken serious by my team and me, and without our fantastic and honest guests we would not be anything. Also, thank you for the comment about the bar service – I have discussed with our restaurant manager and we will make sure we improve on that point.

I hope you will return very soon.

You know where to find me and I wish you warm welcome back to us.

Stockholm
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I recently hosted a conference for 60 delegates from all over the world and I have to say, without exception, the level of service from the staff, was exceptional. The management team consistently demonstrated flexibility in catering to our needs, even when these were outside the Hotel facilities. I could not recommend this Hotel highly enough for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
PPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2010
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel for your important conference and for your recommendations to others. It is such a joy to read that you had a good time, and that you experienced exceptional service and consistent flexibility during your stay.

I hope you would consider using us again, both for yourself and your colleagues. When you have plans to return, please feel free to contact me directly - I and my team wish you warm welcome back!

wirral
Reviewed 9 March 2010

stayed here for three nights in feb with my husband whilst visiting my son who works in sweden. Hotel was perfectly placed for both the trains and the bus terminal which was very handy seen as we had an early morning flight from skavsta.The room was just a classic room with no view but was a really good size and very clean with a lovely bed and tv. I enjoyed the breakfast which was a nice change from english breakfasts with lots of meat and cheeses to choose from.We enjoyed the hotel bar although dont think we quite expected the high price for the drinks we could have bought a bottle for the same price as we paid for a jack daniels.!!!! We would definitely use this hotel again as it was a perfect location for shops,, restaurants, the old town and all transport which i have to say was very impressive and always on time!!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review here on TripAdvisor. It is nice to hear that you find the location of our hotel, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel to be perfectly situated for your needs and that you had a good time whilst visiting your son. I have also used Skavsta Airport for travelling with my family, and no matter which airport you arrive to or depart from it is easy to reach us by public transportation.

I have shared your comments on the above, as well as on the cleanliness and breakfast with the rest of my team, and we would love to see you here again very soon. Should you have any further feedback for us - please feel free to contact me directly.

Once again, many thanks and warm welcome back.

Warm regards