“Beautiful Hotel & Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #20 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Singapore
“Beautiful Hotel & Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

I had good impression of the Sheraton brand and I was not disappointed with what I experienced when I was at the Stockholm Sheraton.

We booked the delux room and when I entered the room, I thought that I was "Ikea" land as most of the furnishing was done in pine wood. The bed was large and extremely comfortable and the view overlooking the harbour was stupendous.

The bathroom was large and clean and there was a large flat screen tv.

The location was brilliant in that it was next to the Old City. After finishing our meetings, we strolled along the walkways next to the river and touring the different attractions. Food was available and we were spoilt for choice.

The train station is just a 10 minutes walk away and I took a train to the Stockholm university for a look-see.

All in all, this hotel is, in my opinion, is simply one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Will definitely stay at this hotel when I'm back in Stockholm.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much – I truly enjoy reading about your impression of the Sheraton brand and especially us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. There is nothing more I as a GM can ask for when it comes to feedback and it is fantastic to hear that you had a genuine Swedish Sheraton experience, from the Swedish pine wood to the strolling along the Old City. (I am very fond of the Old City myself – it is just beautiful!)

I hope you will not wait too long until you come back to us and, should you feel up to it, whenever you are planning to return please feel free to contact me prior to your arrival and I will make sure we take good care of you again.

Paul Peters / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

This was my second visit to this hotel in 6 months, and given that I was a return customer and had paid top dollar for the room, I was hoping for an upgrade to a water facing room – didn’t happen (despite the response comments from GM Paul Peters in the review from “Nick365365" below saying that “the rooms that offer a breathtaking view of the water (are) the ones we always try to accommodate our guests in” – 11 Feb 2010) and I was given an inner room on the lowest floor quite a hike from the elevators – very disappointing.

The room however was typical Sheraton quality: large, luxurious, and well appointed with all the amenities one would expect from a five star hotel. And I have to say that the bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in – like being nestled in fluffy clouds – seriously !

Apart from the location of the room, my one real complaint is the fridge / mini bar, which is one of those ‘weight activated’ fridges, which means that you cannot store your own food or drinks in the fridge, because if you remove anything from the fridge to make room, you will immediately be charged. Unfortunately, this appears to (now) be typical of top end American hotel chains

Bar and restaurant looked nice (but pricey) and there is free internet (6 PC’s) for guests, located adjacent to the bar, an excellent feature.

The hotel itself is well situated, and is about a 10 minute walk to the main shopping area, the waterfront tourist area, and Gamla Stan. Also within 5 minutes walking distance of Central station (where the Arlanda express arrives / departs)

Overall, a solid 5 star hotel, and typically high quality from Sheraton

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank gsl33
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. It makes me happy to hear that you had a good stay with us, despite the fact that we were not able to offer you to stay in one of our superior view rooms. (The rooms facing the front of the hotel are indeed our most popular ones and we are often sold out on this particular room type).
On the other hand it is great to hear that your expectations where met when it comes large and luxurious - it is important to us that our guests feel at home, and that we offer a high quality experience. I agree that there is nothing as nice as a good nights sleep!

Your comments on the minibar have been brought forward and as this is one of the weight activated ones, you can always alert our front desk if there are special items you would like to store in a fridge and we can arranged for it to be taken care of.

I hope your third stay will be with us too and I wish you warm welcome back. Should you have anything else you would like to share with us please feel free to contact me directly.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

Most helpful staff, I've ever had the pleasure of being served by. Definitely go with a "superior" room on the sixth floor, the gorgeous 180 degree view of the water and Old Town is worth its weight in gold and is actually quite a value considering the expense of view restaurants in Stockholm. Bring in take out a few times and you will easily cover the additional cost.
I was one of the hundreds stranded by the volcano eruption in Iceland and amidst all the reports of hotel gouging in Europe am happy to report the Sheraton Stockholm staff went above and beyond to control costs and provide a great measure of comfort during uncertain times. The assistant manager, Stijn, came by to personally inquire about my opinion of the hotel saying that my extended stay was a good perspective from which to judge. Not many hotels would open that potential can of worms. But he had good cause to be confident.
Niclaus and Kristopher deserve special commendation for their unflagging tact and thoughtfulness in helping me stretch my rather meager vacation budget. From the beginning of my trip which required a 10 am check-in because of an unexpected snowfall, to cheerfully clearing out the min-bar fridge for my own use, to providing many complimentary touches at the first hint of an inconvenience, the Sheraton really succeeded in creating a home away from home environment for me during my extended fifteen day stay. I can not thank them enough for adding so much to my many lovely memories of Stockholm.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your warming review – I can imagine that visiting Stockholm for fifteen days was a bit unexpected for you and it is great to hear that you, despite the volcano eruption, managed to enjoy most of the time.
I must admit that the situation during this period was not optional for anyone – and I think that everyone I spoke to during these days, both our guests and our staff, was in someway affected. It must have been difficult not knowing from day to day whether you had to stay or could leave, and I am so happy to read that we managed to make you feel at home.
I would like to let you know that your words have been shared within the team here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, and we are all proud to be part in creating a nice experience for you. Also, Niklas and Kristoffer are grateful for your feedback and have asked me to express a Big Thank You to you.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you and I conclude by wishing you warm welcome back.

Oslo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

This hotel was book about 2 month before departure, and costs $300 for one night stay. The biggest surprise was the price for the breakfast, which costs $40 (and was surprisingly not included). Due to the price level, It´s very easy to find a hotel central in Stockholm wich gives you more value/money.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to giving us feedback on your recent visit to our hotel.
The rates we offer vary depending on room type and occupancy, and also you can book including or excluding breakfast.
As you mention, there are many hotels to choose from in Stockholm and it is such a pity that we did not manage to live up to your expectations this time. I want to make clear that poor service is not acceptable and I would like to find out more in regards to this comment.

We hope that you would consider offering us a second chance, and regardless of if you decide to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me directly in any matter.

I look forward to hearing from you!

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2010

great location, nice bar and comfy rooms with the best breakfast anywhere choice wise although the chocolate fountain seems too much . Most hotels are expensive in Stockholm so my value rating is relative. My first choice is the grand but this is a good hotel. The lifts are the only annoying thing as you have to put your key card in and I always seem to have a card design which loses the this way up arrows !

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all; how nice to hear that you chose us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel for your stay here in Stockholm this time. I am glad that you had a good time and enjoyed the comfortable room where you stayed, the bar and our breakfast. The chocolate fountain is a relatively new addition to our breakfast buffet and I guess it can wake mixed feelings among our guests. I think it is a fun idea and the queue can be long in front of it certain days - especially the children just love it!

The key for the lifts are there for security reasons, to prevent unwanted persons going up and down on the floors, and I am sorry you found it a bit annoying. Your remark about the key, and that it is difficult to see which side is up have been forwarded to our front office manager, and we will have a look at whether we can simplify this in some way.

It is great that you took the time to comment on your stay here on TripAdvisor and until we see you again I wish you all the best from my team and myself!

Stockholm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2010

This hotel is ideally situated, a few moments from the central station and with wonderful views over Gamla Stan (the old town). We stayed in an Executive suite on the 8th floor which was well worth it because the extra living space allowed us to spread out and relax, as well as giving us access to the 7th floor lounge which provides a nice peaceful alternative to the main bar. The service in this hotel is top notch, from the moment we checked in, each person we came into contact with was friendly and professional and nothing was too much trouble. One night we ate in the hotel restaurant (which was excellent) and the other night we went out in Stockholm but both nights we started our evening with a few drinks in the main bar which is a really lovely, trendy but comfortable place to hang out. I would definitely recommend waking up in time for breakfast because it is a feast of different cultures - I just wished I had more space in my tummy! I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel to my friends and colleagues for both business and personal trips.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your warming words – it makes me so happy to learn of all the wonderful experiences and memories you could bring with you back home from us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. It is always very rewarding to learn that we have made a difference, and to read about your experience is inspiring to all of us.

Personally I think that taking the opportunity to go the extra step and treat yourself with a suite, granting access to the Club floor is a good choice. Being able to enjoy the advantages of the Club floor and Club lounge can clearly make you feel relaxed and I am glad you appreciated the special atmosphere.

I have shared your nice feedback with my team - very encouraging! I hope you will soon be ready for a new visit and we sincerely hope that it will be with us, so we can once again offer you the genuine Sheraton experience.

Until we see you - I wish you all the best!

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
Roma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

I have never had to take any bus, it is so well positioned! Rooms are fancy and modern, clena and big!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for nice feedback and your recommendations of us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our location and could conveniently move around the city without using any transportation at all. I find that this is always the best way of getting to know a city.

I hope you will have a chance to come back to us and enjoy Stockholm a second time – maybe during the summer period when Stockholm is at its most beauty? My team and I wish you warm welcome back.