“The place to stay in Stockholm”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #21 of 157 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“The place to stay in Stockholm”
Reviewed 16 June 2010

This hotel was excellent! It is one of the most central hotels and is close to the train station and the sights. Public transit is the best way to get around stockholm and this hotel is right around the corner from a subway station - very very close. The staff at this hotel is incredible. We arrived at the hotel early (prior to check-in) and our room was not ready. The front desk took our suitcases - then gave us a map of the city and took time to describe the area and make suggestions for where to go and what to see. Within a few hassle-free minutes, we went from arrival to enjoying our vacation by seeing the sights. The hotel was interested in making sure we knew where to go and what to do. It was obvious that every staff member we talked to was proud of Stockholm and proud of their hotel. The staff made us feel welcome and at home. When we return to Stockholm, this hotel is a must.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel with us, and for posting them here at TripAdvisor. It is simply great to hear that you enjoyed your visit – Stockholm is a great city and from our property it is indeed easy to explore it both by foot and public transportation.

It makes me very happy and proud to hear that you found it to be excellent and the concern that our staff members showed you is something that I as a General Manager am especially proud of. A hotel’s atmosphere is created by its team and for us it is so important to make our guests fell comfortable and relaxed – just as you did. Please be assured that I have shared your comments with everyone in the team, and I must say that I am proud to have such fantastic colleagues.

I would like to wish you warm welcome back to stay with us again – we will do everything we can to once again make your stay excellent.

Paul Peters / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 11 June 2010

6 Nights stay, stayed in a junior suite, so we had enough space. bad thing was I got the courtyard view, and that the room had only 1 small window. I had access to the club lounge, but i did not use it much.
Check in/out was fast
Breakfast was ok, but not more.
Location is good, close to business, shopping and to gamla stan. its also just a short walk to central station, and arlanda express.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel in June 2009.

It is a pity that we were not able to offer you a junior suite with a view this time. This summer our hotel is more or less full every night and this is great for us. However, it also means that we are not able to offer all our precious guests a room or suite with the special Stockholm view. The demand for this type of view rooms is huge and we wish there was a way that we could offer it to everyone.
Although I can see that this was a source of disappointment to you I am glad that you had a good time here in Stockholm, and a great stay in many other ways. I hope I will have a chance to welcoming you back to us. Should you have any plans to return, please feel free to contact me directly and I will see what I can do in terms of the room allocation

Once again – many thanks.

Warm Regards,
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Excellent hotel staff, maintenance, and cleanliness. Rooms are good size by Scandinavian standards and are well appointed.

Location is unbeatable. A block from the main train station and metro, and a five minute stroll from Gamla Stan.

Perfect for business or vacation.

• Stayed June 2010
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2010
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had a good stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, and glad you have shared here on TripAdvisor - exactly as it should be. I believe we all agree that it is important to be comfortable in and happy with the room where you are staying and that you feel at home away from home.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts - we hope we will see you as our guest again and until then, we remain at your service.

Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Malin Nilsson works as a concierge at The Sheraton Hotel in Stockholm. She has gone above and beyond the call of duty. Our trip is planned for June 2010, and I have been contacting Ms. Nilsson since March 2010 with many different tourist questions. My husband and I have never traveled to Sweden, but if I had to judge Swedish people based on my interactions with her, I would say I love all Swedes. Ms. Nilsson has never made me feel as if I'm bothering her, and she has really taken a personal interest in seeing that my husband and I will get the most out of our stay. Kudos to Ms. Nilsson for showing such exemplary customer service and kudos to The Sheraton Stockholm for having such a gem of an employee. You will not be disappointed with her.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your warming words. It was a great pleasure having you with us in June and I have shared your feedback with everyone and especially Malin. I agree that she is a great asset to our team and always has the best in mind for our valuable guests, such as yourself. I have been in the Stockholm team since 2008 (I am Dutch) and I enjoy every day at work; I say that it is thanks to our wonderful guest that we have such a great team.

I hope you will chose us also for your next stay and until we see you again I and my team wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming you back.

Malin says hello and sends her best regards to you!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 June 2010

My boyfriend and I recently traveled to Stockholm to attend a wedding of a college friend. The Sheraton in Stockholm only cost about $1250 for 6 nights which was an INCREDIBLE value for this time of year. May, June and July are peak travel times to Stockholm and the rates everywhere else were much higher. HOWEVER there is a catch. You had to book and pay in full the total stay amount 4 months prior to booking. We caught this deal on sale back in January and jumped on it. Sooo glad we did too because when we arrived, the going rate for the week would have been twice that amount.

The hotel itself was nice, clean and modern. The staff was very accomodating and always greeted you with a smile. I was also suprised that everyone spoke perfectly clear english. The beds were a bit hard, however I personally found them very comfortable. The rooms were on the small side, but overall bigger than most you would find in Europe. The rooms were also all new and looked like they had recently been redone. Overall the room was very nice and a great value.

Although not many, I did find a few cons with this hotel. The in room blowdryer provided did not dry my hair very well. The blow dryer was very weak, so if you have thick hair you may want to consider bringing your own (keep in mind you will need a step down converter as the electical current is 220 there and most american appliances are 110). The room service, atlhough it was very fast, was VERY expensive. We ordered a cheeseburger at 3 am and paid close to 50 bucks for it. The brunch was also waaay over priced at 35 dollars a head. The food was good, but not worth the amt you pay. We for the most part in the morning strolled over to the main shopping street (Drottingham) and ate breakfast at a coffee shop, then for dinner headed over to Gamla Stan (the old city) where the food was much more resonable. The other con I personally had was that I am a Starwood preferred guest, and they told me they were giving me an upgraded room. We found out that people who were not starwood prefeered guests in our group actually got even better rooms then we did. For example, our room didnt have a bath tub, just a shower, while people who had no status at all were given nicer rooms that were bigger and had tubs. Im sure if I complianed I probably wouldve been moved, but by the time we realized this, I had already unpacked and didnt feel like moving again.

Overall, this hotel was a very nice place to stay and in a great location. Its located in the center of the city and was a great value for the money!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel, where you spent some time together with your boyfriend. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Stockholm and us, and we appreciate that we can take part of your feedback on amongst other things the room where you were staying and the room items in general.
We always carefully go through and pick up comments that are posted on trip advisor, so thank you for advising us about the room standard versus your SPG status. Our aim is to always accommodate our SPG members from Gold status level in our finest rooms, on our SPG floors, upon availability. The choice of bathtub or shower is very individual and therefore we have one SPG floor with shower and one with bathtub. We accommodate as far as possible according to the preferences we have, and I am sorry we did not completely met your requirements this time.

It is great for us to hear about the hairdryers, which we change from time to time, and judging from your input I believe we need to look into this right now. Regarding the pricing of e. g. room service, brunch and other food and beverage we offer, we are following the price range in other hotels in Stockholm. There are several options to choose from and we hope that we have something for every guest!

Should you have plans to return to us one day - just advise us of your requirements and we will happily see that these are fully met on this occasion.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,
Adelaide
Reviewed 8 May 2010

I arrived at the hotel without a booking in -20 weather at 10pm after having to cancel skiing at nearby slopes because of the cold and a delayed plane. Nothing was too much trouble and I was immediately given a room for 3 nights, I asked for a King Room and was told with the starwood programme that I was upgraded. The room I was given had an excellent view over the old city but did however have two double beds - not necessary as I was staying at the hotel alone.

Rooms were upgraded and very spacious, better than most Sheraton Hotels I have stayed in. Concierge and desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Buffet breakfast is great with an outstanding selection, and the hotel bar is lively and has a nice atmosphere (a change from many hotel bars!) Free internet on brand new computers downstairs with printing facilities were an added bonus. The location is fantastic, close not only to the old town but also many shops and bars. A great stay and a pleasant surprise as it happened on such short notice.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2010
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel in January 2010 - which probably was the coldest month during the entire winter! Our aim is to always make our guests feel warmly welcome, especially on such a cold winter evening.

It is never fun when you need to change your vacation plans, but I am happy to hear that everything turned out to the best in the end, and that the three days in a beautiful winter Stockholm were a pleasant surprise. Also, I am glad you felt at home and got the chance to, due to the SPG programme, become upgraded to a view room.

I have forwarded your comments to my team and we all wish you welcome back – the spring has finally decided to approach Stockholm and this time of year when the trees are turning green and everything is fresh and new is a fantastic time to visit. Should you plan to do so, please feel free to contact me prior to your arrival and I will make sure you once again have a good time.

Paul Peters/ General Manager
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 6 May 2010

We stayed in Sheraton in July 2009 with two small kids. The room was great, there was no problem having two kids stay with us in the room, there was plenty of space and the room was very clean. We also had a parking space in the garage downstairs, a must for us, it was pricey but worth it.
We liked the location, a short walk from the Old Town, yet close to the shopping/dining district.
We had opted for a family package, however, apart from the fact that our two kids could stay in the room with us, we never saw the other extras (I think it was a surprise for the kids and a free movie or something). When we told the staff upon check-out, they were not particularly apologetic but rather made us feel we were asking for something that we were not entitled for.
The breakfast choice was great, everything you could wish for was there, fresh, tasty and healthy. However, we did not appreciate that with two small kids we were literally "pushed" to the back-room of the restaurant, further away from the breakfast buffet. We got the impression that this was done on purpose so that kids would not "disturb" other guests. We felt a bit discriminated against.
On the overall we did not get the feeling that children were very welcome in that hotel. For us this is a good reason not to stay there any more, even if we did like the hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for updating us and the users of Trip Advisor on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel in July 2009. I am glad to hear that you found the rooms great and that you had a comfortable stay with your children. However, from your feedback I can see that you were not completely happy, and understand that it is mostly depending on the service and the welcome you experienced.

It is disappointing to hear that the details around the family package booking did not work out as you had expected - it is true that there are some special amenities included in such a booking. Although it might not be much of a comfort for you now, I would like to let you know that we have since you where here gone through the details and made sure that the routines work. I am sorry that this had not been done already upon the time for your stay.

You are more than welcome to stay with us again and should you once again chose to book under the family package deal I can assure you that this time you will not feel uncomfortable, on the contrary - I would like to stress that our aim is always to make our guests feel warmly welcomed and at home.

If there is anything I can do for you – please feel free to let me know.